"A Thousand Suns" 9/14 Concert Info / Shorter Setlists?

WTF? ONE fucking hour?

FUCK YOU LP, JUST FUCK YOU!

sorry for spamming and going wild like a kid that died in GTA IV, but you asked me how i feel about it, and these are my feelings.

im SAD and ANGRY

the past few months i was happy and couldn't wait for the show.

now im scared to get disappointed

Can you seriously stop whining until you get more information? No one said LP was going to play one hour.

And besides, if you bought a ticket for a show that's happening right after the album comes out, you should have expected a shorter set. That's how it's been done. Go look at the MTM shows.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok ive never post nothing but when i went too DBS in NYC they did a 1hour setlist & had a openning band play for 45mins,,then they killed time playing music. From what i see maybe they will play the eintire ATS album too see how it sounds live & some old songs, soo as the tour goes it will add or take out.

overall from a 15yr point of view, i say the show will end at 1030-11 ONLY because doors open at 7 & show starts at 9. So what you think there going to do for 2hrs! Another band performs & maybe M&G?? :)

I'm sure that LP will at least play 18 songs worth in their 2011 US tour. I have a good feeling about seeing them again, and now that they're releasing even more material its going to be even more amazing to see the Past and the Present Linkin Park in their must see Live performance. These guys are amazing live, i can't wait to finally hear and see New Divide, and the Catalyst Live. At the same time they should maybe play a B-Side like Across the line or No Roads Left to add to the epicness and make all the hardcore fans CRAP their pants there. Also maybe bring Back a Place for my head, and other jams that may tie in to the changes linkin park has made over time. One things for sure I can't wait to buy my tickets to see them again!!!! tHOSE PEOPLE that are lucky enough to see them in New York are gonna be in for a special treat! $50 may seem a lot for a shorter setlist but it'll be amazing to see them in a more intimate setting and playing some songs for the first few times ever live in the U.S. That is priceless right there. I wonder what type of touring they plan on doing, whether it is Arenas or amphitheatres. I look forward to seeing LP in different settings too, I've already seen them twice in Tampa's now named 1-800-Ask_Gary lol. I look forward to see them one time in a smaller venue and an arena too! LP 4 LYFE!

I'm not surprised by the shorter setlists, and it makes sense.

Traditionally, American bands release an album, do an overseas "warm-up" tour of Festivals, Club gigs, etc, and then come back to the states to launch the *real* tour. In theory they could "get used to" playing live by using this ancient technique called "rehearsal", but having a live crowd is a better way to get instant feedback on what's working and what isn't. International fans will whine and bitch, and it's understandable, but it's not like a generic, shorter set is out of the ordinary for an American band of LP's stature. Limp Bizkit are doing the same exact thing right now.

As for the "choose one song" poll, looks GREAT on paper, but before everyone gets their hopes up we need to consider that the people on this site and even on LPU make up a tiny percentenge of the overall LP fanbase. If they open this poll up to the casual fans that just hit LP.com, it could easily be a case of "In the End" winning by a landslide every night.

You guys really need to calm down and stop complaining, reading this is crazy. They have ALWAYS done this, and it's NORMAL. It's not the end of the world and you don't need to hate Linkin Park for it, it's stupid. When I saw Billy Talent back in January this year they had been playing for like a year already and they played 15 songs. I wish they played more, yes, but I really enjoyed it and still it was awesome, and I didn't hate them, I thanked them and had a great time.

Just go and enjoy the show whatever they play, it's not THAT bad.

If you don't remember, Joe talked about some never used before effects in LP shows & a new technological environment. So, I guess that's what the raised prices are for. If LP came to my city, I would give any fucking amount of money to them. LOL. Though I'd have to threaten my parents with dire consequences in order to make them cough out some huge money. :D :D :D

As for the "choose one song" poll, looks GREAT on paper, but before everyone gets their hopes up we need to consider that the people on this site and even on LPU make up a tiny percentenge of the overall LP fanbase. If they open this poll up to the casual fans that just hit LP.com, it could easily be a case of "In the End" winning by a landslide every night.

Good lord no. It should LPU poll only.

They're playing in big arenas, not just small theathers. And it's the first time they play in Argentina & Chile, it wouldn't be fair for us southamerican fans after waiting for so long that they play a shorter setlist. But personally i don't mind. It's fu***ng LP, THE BEST BAND IN THE WORLD AND I'M GOING TO SEE THEM LIVE FOR THE FIRST TIME!!

Edited by XeroSoldier

ummm from what we all know there NOT going too play No Roads Left,,New Divide & Catalyst they will play live!! NOW for the poll lets vote for a song from HT since its been 10yrs & either Across The Line & Blackbirds.

Not Alone they will play in chille or somewhere that a major event accours but they will remix it most likely!!! =)

Okay look, to all the fans in South America, Germany, etc. who will be seeing LP this fall and winter, think about this for a second.

I don't want to get your hopes up, but if I were willing to guess, I think their setlist might be mostly/all A Thousand Suns songs. Hell, they might play the album in full. We know they were discussing that. And we know the live show has been completely upgraded.

You guys are more than likely going to get a unique show that no one else is going to see. Who cares if it's shorter? You'll have plenty of other opportunities to see LP again. ESPECIALLY if you live in Germany.

WTF? ONE fucking hour?

FUCK YOU LP, JUST FUCK YOU!

sorry for spamming and going wild like a kid that died in GTA IV, but you asked me how i feel about it, and these are my feelings.

im SAD and ANGRY

the past few months i was happy and couldn't wait for the show.

now im scared to get disappointed

Holy shit, stop flaming. Nobody said anything about one hour shows. Yes, I am really upset at the moment as well because a shorter setlist would be a joke since LP's setlist were pretty weird in the past (especially 2009).

But we have to wait and see what they are really doing...

Okay look, to all the fans in South America, Germany, etc. who will be seeing LP this fall and winter, think about this for a second.

I don't want to get your hopes up, but if I were willing to guess, I think their setlist might be mostly/all A Thousand Suns songs. Hell, they might play the album in full. We know they were discussing that. And we know the live show has been completely upgraded.

You guys are more than likely going to get a unique show that no one else is going to see. Who cares if it's shorter? You'll have plenty of other opportunities to see LP again. ESPECIALLY if you live in Germany.

Yeah, true but you forget the ticket prices I mentioned before. 70 euroes for maybe 18 songs? Come on, you have to agree, this isn't fair.

well in the states were paying 50$ soo like i said b4 i must copy & paste cause i think its a good idea dont you guyz think???

i went too DBS in NYC they did a 1hour setlist & had a openning band play for 45mins,,then they killed time playing music. From what i see maybe they will play the eintire ATS album too see how it sounds live & some old songs, soo as the tour goes it will add or take out.

overall from a 15yr point of view, i say the show will end at 1030-11 ONLY because doors open at 7 & show starts at 9. So what you think there going to do for 2hrs! Another band performs & maybe M&G??

Yeah, true but you forget the ticket prices I mentioned before. 70 euroes for maybe 18 songs? Come on, you have to agree, this isn't fair.

70 euroes for maybe 18 songs, and a completely upgraded live show experience.

Plus, Mike already explained one of the other possible reasons behind the higher prices. Did you listen to that interview he did on The Nerdist's podcast back in May?

Ehhh... no. As I said before, Linkin Park are scheduled to play 1 hour and a half here in Chile. I personally believe they're not going to play a lot ATS stuff. You may say 'It's ridiculous; they're releasing a new album and they need to promote it!''. Yes, that's true, but it is also the FIRST time ever they'll be playing here (same for Argentina, and the first time in 6 years for Brazil), so I expect them to play the 'hits' (you have to consider that at least in Chile and Brazil, they will play HUGE festivals) and probably The Catalyst and some other song off ATS. I'm expecting a similar setlist to the one they played last year, and instead of the 3 DBS songs, I'd add three ATS songs, and that's it.

70 euroes for maybe 18 songs, and a completely upgraded live show experience.

Plus, Mike already explained one of the other possible reasons behind the higher prices. Did you listen to that interview he did on The Nerdist's podcast back in May?

I go to a concert because I wanna hear music and expiernce one of the best nights in my life because concerts are really special, in any case for me. So, I like laser shows or something simliar but I don't really care because I wanna see a band performing their songs.

There are bands outside who play for 3 hours, mix up their setlist every single night by adding songs to the setlist they haven't played for many many years. Ticket price: 45€. Epic.

And no, I didn't hear the interview I think.. What is it about? :)

all we need is to wait for the official confirmation or press

i think shorter setlist will be liked last year tour, who knows?!

we cant judge at this moment.

for the poll, it's good to hold polls, but i think opens to all fans will be better~

If I remember correctly they said that they thought about playing the whole ATS but in the end won't do it.

But I like the idea. Let's see what they'll have for us. I just hope it's worth the money.