The Catalyst / Medal of Honor Trailer

Nameless

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7. It's NOT August 2nd yet. OR August 1st. MEANING: LP would go to all that trouble of having body guards (and sticking it in a 10 foot vault with motion lasers and 4 foot thick walls and a moat and a gorilla standing in front of it) to protect it from leaking. So why would they A.) let it all out TWO DAYS before the actual release, and B.) premiere a highly anticipated song on a mediocre video game? The pieces dont all fit.

mediocre?!!?!?!?!?!?! it looks awesome hahahaha

anyways, not nearly as excited hearing this as i was when i heard what i've done, but i suppose ill wait for the full,unedited track to judge.

I enjoyed it knowing that the trailer chopped the shit out of it. I mean, where'd Joe go? Where'd the entire first part of Chester's chorus go? To me, it sounds weird because there are no gaps between anything.

Full song's guaranteed to be better. IMO anyway.

mediocre?!!?!?!?!?!?! it looks awesome hahahaha

anyways, not nearly as excited hearing this as i was when i heard what i've done, but i suppose ill wait for the full,unedited track to judge.

lol I agree. The game does look very well done and I'm sure they've worked very hard on it. I'm just simply trying to make the point that I don't see a band as big and as SMART as LP premiering their single on a video game trailer regardless.

This song is starting to grow on me. I like it more and more everytime I listen to it. But I really hope there is some kind of actual "verse" instead of the God Bless us line being repeated over and over again. And we know that this isn't the real song because I hear no Mr. Hahn and Mike sings the Lift me up part by himself first.

Ah, we will get the complete song tomorrow during the lunch or for example in germany at 05:00 PM. :)

Edit:

"Great news: The Catalyst will be sent centrally from the US to all the fans who preordered AT THE SAME TIME: check your inbox on Monday 2nd at noon US pacific time which means Tuesday 8am ( Sydney Time). Anybody's excited?"

Edited by Sessin

f*ck with them...

"Great news: The Catalyst will be sent centrally from the US to all the fans who preordered AT THE SAME TIME: check your inbox on Monday 2nd at noon US pacific time which means Tuesday 8am ( Sydney Time). Anybody's excited?"

source: lpa...

promises promises... these things they can do the best...

lol....we can hear it before anyone else, when we pre-order it...

f*ck with them...

source: lpa...

promises promises... these things they can do the best...

lol....we can hear it before anyone else, when we pre-order it...

i agree that it kinda sucks, but c'mon.. you for sure didn't only pre-order because of the possibility to hear the catalyst before anyone else. patience ^^

i agree that it kinda sucks, but c'mon.. you for sure didn't only pre-order because of the possibility to hear the catalyst before anyone else. patience ^^

yep... i know:) but it really pissed me of :)

and exactly time for germany is 7:00pm tomorrow...

Dude, i wasnt talking about the pitch.. The guy said that you cant hear auto-tune

Auto tune, pitch correction, call it whatever you want. If the artist wants it to be impossible to hear that they fixed the wrong notes, it's easy to do, and it's been that for years. Therefore, it's the artists choice if they want that robotic voice, it's more of an effect, cause if they just wanted to just sing clean, even though they could not in real life, they could hide the autotune much better.

Meh....Someone should honestly say Mike that his singing is not good at all.

He always seemed to realize the fact that he is not a singer. Since what he is so self confident that he's putting his "vocals" all over the tracks?

The dancy part is nice from the melody standpoint, but it sounds a bit toyish.

Omg thank you -___-" Mike's forte is his creativity, art, and rapping... NOT singing. He needs to bring back his creative art and rapping...

The song itself I think is pretty good, it's just I don't like Mike's part very much.

Things I have learned from watching the video and reading this forum:

1. my opinion: BIG TIME love it/hate it tug-of-war going on inside my brain

2. It's a remix. Has to be. it's only 4 minutes of actual music and there are obviously parts where it's cut and pasted.

3. It's supposed to be progressive right? With that said, wouldn't there be a slow part cut (as mentioned) leading up to the EPIC ending of the song?

4.XefuzioNr is hilarious

5. Would Rick Rubin really have let this version be the full version? Idk....

6. Joe Hahn directed this. Which means he edited the song for this. Further evidence it's not the full version is:

7. It's NOT August 2nd yet. MEANING: LP would go to all that trouble of having body guards (and sticking it in a 10 foot vault with motion lasers and 4 foot thick walls and a moat and a gorilla standing in front of it) to protect it from leaking. So why would they A.) let it all out TWO DAYS before the actual release, and B.) premiere a highly anticipated song on a mediocre video game? The pieces dont all fit.

It's obviously a radio edit of the song. Why would LP team up with Medal of Honor ( which is a multi-million dollar franchise) and give them a remix of the song? Like seriously, you and others shouldn't be so naive and optimistic about this song.

Anyway, song sucks. Congratulations LP, you single handily created electric gospel music.