The Catalyst / Medal of Honor Trailer

Nameless

This was exactly what I expected from the second I heard it was gonna be more electronic driven last year. I'm not surprised. And it's really nice and new.

People calling it a mess: Are these rythms slighty to hard for LP fans to understand or what? Just because it's not 4/4, dosn't mean it's a mess. And I like the structure of the song, it's really hard to follow, it dosn't use the verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-choruschorus. And that's great. You can just sit back and enjoy, not thinking about where in the song you are. It breaks out of some of the structural rules that have been there for ages.

Also, this is very close to the original if you ask me, and I doubt there will be anything interesting on the last bits, but we'll see.

You can't hear autotune. It's a common mistake that you can hear autotune, but you can't. It's easily done, and you have to have very trained ears to be able to hear it. I'm not saying LP never used it, but what you are hearing here, my friend, is just an effect.

Uhm you can hear auto-tune. There are enough rappers now who use it. And like someone else said in this topic Kesha.. Thats like overkill-auto-tune! And thats what i dont like in the previews so far. The editing of the voices... WHY?!

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhm you can hear auto-tune. There are enough rappers now who use it. And like someone else said in this topic Kesha.. Thats like overkill-auto-tune! And thats what i dont like in the previews so far. The editing of the voices... WHY?!

because they liked it.

Dude...every single professional recorded song you have heard from the mid 90's (might even be earlier than that) until now has probably had some sort of pitch correction done to it. It's nothing new...it's been a popular recording method for a VERY long time. It's when bands tour that they show their true talent, if they can actually sing or not.

EDIT: Extra info) Autotune is like a pre-generator..you sing into it and it automatically corrects your voice to a certain pitch (which is where the robotic sound comes from that T-Pain likes to use). Pitch correction is taking a flat note that the artist sang and tweaking it to sound like they were flawless in their performance. There's a complete difference in the two.

Edited by rav0k

Dude...every single professional recorded song you have heard from the mid 90's (might even be earlier than that) until now has probably had some sort of pitch correction done to it. It's nothing new...it's been a popular recording method for a VERY long time. It's when bands tour that they show their true talent, if they can actually sing or not.

EDIT: Extra info) Autotune is like a pre-generator..you sing into it and it automatically corrects your voice to a certain pitch (which is where the robotic sound comes from that T-Pain likes to use). Pitch correction is taking a flat note that the artist sang and tweaking it to sound like they were flawless in their performance. There's a complete difference in the two.

Dude, i wasnt talking about the pitch.. The guy said that you cant hear auto-tune

Hi Well , it's my first post !

When i heard ''Lift me Up , Let me Go'' i thought that LP want to change and to go somewhere ..to another horizon , it's good for the band , but not for fans ...

personally , i didn't like the song even if it's 4 mn or an edited version , if it's named The Catalyst so..it's the Catalyst , less heavy and more electronic ..

We can say goodbay to songs like ''One Step Closer'' and '' Faint ''!

Hi Well , it's my first post !

When i heard ''Lift me Up , Let me Go'' i thought that LP want to change and to go somewhere ..to another horizon , it's good for the band , but not for fans ...

personally , i didn't like the song even if it's 4 mn or an edited version , if it's named The Catalyst so..it's the Catalyst , less heavy and more electronic ..

and you can say this by only hearing a edited version of ONE song of an album that isn't even out?

stop comparing albums, the band never said "Oh so we will make music for the fans who like HT-type music for life" They make music based on how they feel and what they like. If you don't like it that's your problem, not LPs.

@Jesper : i never said that the album will be ..bad but ..for me The Catalyst is something i never expected to hear from LP , it's too different from HT or Meteora..even MTM ...

Edited by Ace

@Jesper : i never said that the album will be ..bad but ..for me The Catalyst is something i never expected to hear from LP , it's too different from HT or Meteora..even MTM ...

I also never said you said it was bad but you said say goodbye to some kinds of songs but you said

but I agree that it's different :)

but there isn't on MTM a song like those either lol ;) and that was also different Edited by Jesper