The Catalyst / Medal of Honor Trailer

Nameless

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm proud to say that I have not listened/watched the MOH trailers. There's no way i'm killing this song for myself, not after waiting all this time. My expections have been lowered though after seeing all the negative comments but I believe it's for the better.

There isnt any auto-tune on it at all. They each can hit those notes there is no point for them to be auto-tuned. Mike has a filter over his voice if thats what you mean

Well, it sure does sound like auto-tune.. The robot voice. That isnt my thing.. I dont know how the rest of the album will be but if has that robot voice all over it, then i will be really sad i paid over 100 euros with the pre-order.

There isnt any auto-tune on it at all. They each can hit those notes there is no point for them to be auto-tuned. Mike has a filter over his voice if thats what you mean

There's pitch correction, not autotune.

Well, it sure does sound like auto-tune.. The robot voice. That isnt my thing.. I dont know how the rest of the album will be but if has that robot voice all over it, then i will be really sad i paid over 100 euros with the pre-order.

Yeah it has like a watery ripple effect but auto-tune would just mean they where talentless singers (i.e Kesha) lol

It's just remixed with those stems only for the trailer - and yeah you can get the vibe from this , but I'm god damn sure it won't be this only - mark my words you will change your opinion after you hear the entire song :)

P.S. what happened to ESPN release of the song - they said that they will air it before 2nd of august ?

Edited by Chester_LP

I dont care how you call it, i just dont like it. They didnt have to use it at all.. But i dont wanne get into a fight here so lets just drop it eh..

lol I wasn't attacking you bro. I was just saying, that's not pure studio talent on the track..there IS pitch correction involved.

I dont care how you call it, i just dont like it. They didnt have to use it at all.. But i dont wanne get into a fight here so lets just drop it eh..

+1. I'd much rather the track without the pitch correction or whatever classification there is for it.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

They've definitely cut out parts of the songs I just don't know if they edited it in some other way.But anyways in that short form I like the song.It's true that it's different but I'm glad they're not going on using the same sounds over and over again like for example Nickelback (I'm sorry btw I don't mean to offend Nickelback fans,I like them too).Will you prefer 5 albums that sound exactly the same?I wouldn't.So my point is yes it's different but I like it and at some parts I actually love it.I think all the doubters about it will grow to like it after a few listens.

They've definitely cut out parts of the songs I just don't know if they edited it in some other way.But anyways in that short form I like the song.It's true that it's different but I'm glad they're not going on using the same sounds over and over again like for example Nickelback (I'm sorry btw I don't mean to offend Nickelback fans,I like them too).Will you prefer 5 albums that sound exactly the same?I wouldn't.So my point is yes it's different but I like it and at some parts I actually love it.I think all the doubters about it will grow to like it after a few listens.

Change can be good, but then again change can be bad. In this case I think its rubbing people the wrong way. I've heard enough of the song to know I'll never like it.

it's true.

beside , it's been edited for an action game.

so i guses that the real song is edited by linkin park.

so i wait till tomorow and see.

hope you guys that pre-order it put this one on Youtube :)

Since i have this version of the song I am listening to it over and over again and it grows bigger and bigger in me . From the 1st listening I said " f*ck is this going to be my OLD LP " then I realized that I don't want my OLD LP i want something NEW and now I love it . And I know that the song is more than this that we have .

Since i have this version of the song I am listening to it over and over again and it grows bigger and bigger in me . From the 1st listening I said " f*ck is this going to be my OLD LP " then I realized that I don't want my OLD LP i want something NEW and now I love it . And I know that the song is more than this that we have .

Well there you have it, something new you hadn't expected huh? I just can't wait to hear the full song AND the new album!

This was exactly what I expected from the second I heard it was gonna be more electronic driven last year. I'm not surprised. And it's really nice and new.

People calling it a mess: Are these rythms slighty to hard for LP fans to understand or what? Just because it's not 4/4, dosn't mean it's a mess. And I like the structure of the song, it's really hard to follow, it dosn't use the verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-choruschorus. And that's great. You can just sit back and enjoy, not thinking about where in the song you are. It breaks out of some of the structural rules that have been there for ages.

Also, this is very close to the original if you ask me, and I doubt there will be anything interesting on the last bits, but we'll see.

You can't hear autotune. It's a common mistake that you can hear autotune, but you can't. It's easily done, and you have to have very trained ears to be able to hear it. I'm not saying LP never used it, but what you are hearing here, my friend, is just an effect.

Edited by Fleur de Lys