The Catalyst / Medal of Honor Trailer

Nameless

@Jesper : in concert, you will not jump with The catalyst as you did in OST or Faint...even with No More Sorrow .. :)

yeah I get you

(never had the chance to see them live though :/ hopefully this era)

but I also cannot go fully crazy on What i've Done lol xD

so probably it's the first single curse or soemthing they have since MTM :P

but I guess there still can be some itmakesyoujump songs on ATS , just wait and see before judge the whole album

Edited by Jesper

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is that Linkin Park arrived where they are thanks to Hybrid Theory and Meteora, thanks to their old shows. It doesn't matter which kind of music they do since that moment. They have a solid fanbase and they will never lose that base.

The Catalyst it's not their best song, but it's not a bad song. It's an experimental song. They don't think if old LP fans would like it. They think of people who WILL like this music.

Then in the future shows they'll do whatever they want to catch the attention of old and new fans, like they did in the past few years.

About the song, I love the end of the song. I don't like the techno beats.

Patrick Hinrichs schrieb am 01.08.2010 um 13:19 Uhr

das ist ein Remix keine Angst. Kollege arbeitet bei Warner in Hamburg.

translation:

it´s only a remix, no panic. a friend works at warner in hamburg, he told me.

i don´t know if it´s true,...but the song is even too short!?

Nothing too spectacular about the song, (i know it is too much edited) but Joe's Direction was really good. Loving the clip

in a german forum they said that it´s

ONLY A REMIX

(source: warner germany)

(i don´t have read all the sites here,...is this true?)

I think that is true

Edited by linkindude

ok.. been listening to if for couple of hrs non-stop. I LOVE IT! there is so much going on in the song, I advise you to stop everything you are doing and close your eyes and listen to it that way.

There are clearly parts that are missing and some cuts can be felt(I wonder if they did some more radical changes in this mix too: like changing places of the parts and maybe even adding some stuff).

Lyrics got a bit boring, or it's better to say there is nothing new there(even sths missing) and this is a price we pay for having stubs and snippets for so long :D but, I guess for first listener they would be great too. :D

Song is awesome but I expected sth like this, so I don't feel like jumping around about it.

Edited by bojkic

ok.. been listening to if for couple of hrs non-stop. I LOVE IT! there is so much going on in the song, I advise you to stop everything you are doing and close your eyes and listen to it that way.

There are clearly parts that are missing and some cuts can be felt(I wonder if they did some more radical changes in this mix too: like changing places of the parts and maybe even adding some stuff).

Lyrics got a bit boring, or it's better to say there is nothing new there(even sths missing) and this is a price we pay for having stubs and snippets for so long :D but, I guess for first listener they would be great too. :D

Song is awesome but I expected sth like this, so I don't feel like jumping around about it.

you're doing it wrong.

you try to love this song in every way possible and that's pretty bad.

sry

Wouldn't be surprised at all if this was a remix.. Especially considering the amount of people that would be pissed off about pre-ordering and not "hearing it first." Interesting track, 2:54 onwards is amazing. Not surprised they've gone in another new direction. Looking forward to hearing the rest of the album.

Patrick Hinrichs schrieb am 01.08.2010 um 13:19 Uhr

das ist ein Remix keine Angst. Kollege arbeitet bei Warner in Hamburg.

translation:

it´s only a remix, no panic. a friend works at warner in hamburg, he told me.

i don´t know if it´s true,...but the song is even too short!?

i REALLY doubt that.

It's the actual song, edited for fit the trailer, nothing more.

Why would they release a remix first? C'mon.

Especially considering the amount of people that would be pissed off about pre-ordering and not "hearing it first."

It's not August 2nd yet.

you're doing it wrong.

you try to love this song in every way possible and that's pretty bad.

sry

How can you try hard to love sth? I don't understand that concept. You like sth or you don't! You could lie that you love/like sth and vice versa, but what would I get out of lying to lpl members about my affections about one song? Nothing....

Another thing that is possible that I am not objective and I totally agree if that is what you wanted to say. As I am a fan for more than 10 yrs, I would probably admire anything these guy make together(didn't like DBS that much)... :D

enjoy and relax....

Edited by bojkic

Things I have learned from watching the video and reading this forum:

1. my opinion: BIG TIME love it/hate it tug-of-war going on inside my brain

2. It's a remix. Has to be. it's only 4 minutes of actual music and there are obviously parts where it's cut and pasted.

3. It's supposed to be progressive right? With that said, wouldn't there be a slow part cut (as mentioned) leading up to the EPIC ending of the song?

4.XefuzioNr is hilarious

5. Would Rick Rubin really have let this version be the full version? Idk....

6. Joe Hahn directed this. Which means he edited the song for this. Further evidence it's not the full version is:

7. It's NOT August 2nd yet. MEANING: LP would go to all that trouble of having body guards (and sticking it in a 10 foot vault with motion lasers and 4 foot thick walls and a moat and a gorilla standing in front of it) to protect it from leaking. So why would they A.) let it all out TWO DAYS before the actual release, and B.) premiere a highly anticipated song on a mediocre video game? The pieces dont all fit.

Edited by Cbass

It's not August 2nd yet.

"Our new song "The Catalyst" will be released on Monday, August 2nd, but you don't need to wait that long to hear it. Order any of our pre-order items at LinkinPark.com and we'll send you "The Catalyst" FREE before anyone else has a chance to hear it or buy it."

Although I agree logically they wouldn't release a remix first, I don't understand why it would be released now..