The Catalyst / Medal of Honor Trailer

Nameless

I think everyone including Linkin Park was pushing for a new sound and if this is any indication of how ATS will sound I think it's an appropriate one. From what I've gathered this song at least is like if ReAnimation was an original album, and it was on crack.

It's an acquired taste definitely, but I mean What I've Done, New Divide, and even Black Birds and some of their other singles (Yea, BB wasn't a single I know) that culminate their sound were starting to get a bit played out. I'm glad they chose this as a single as oppose to something more generic and safe as they usually do.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chester didn't even sing the words "And when I close my eyes tonight, to symphonies of blinding light" in that clip. I think this trailer missing a lot of lyrics. Almost half song is missing. But the sound is still going to be pretty much the same. I like what i'm hearing, if you don't like, it's not my loss :D

The only single I dont like live is Shadow of The Day, it seems to me that Chester struggles a bit w/it.

Have you seen it PERFORMED live? It's fuckin incredible. The guitar solo at the end and Chester playing guitar is great. It sounded great in concert, qwerty and shadow of the day were probably my favorites live during PR 07

Have you seen it PERFORMED live? It's fuckin incredible. The guitar solo at the end and Chester playing guitar is great. It sounded great in concert, qwerty and shadow of the day were probably my favorites live during PR 07

When chester is singing SOTD live, he doesn't sound very good in the verses. Here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxZSoTs5idU

EDIT: But the guitar parts are good :)

Edited by Jani

I'm pretty sure he just means that it's a cut up version of the actual song.

Which is something a lot of people deduced already.

I don't know, wouldn't it make more sense to say "Its not the complete version" then instead of "its not official"? for me it sounds like "we didn't make the song like this, its not our work".

For a matter of fact yes I have. I've seen LP live in front of my face. But Chester's vocals as I was stating, aren't that great during the song live. But yes Brad and Chester's guitar playing is awesome live.

When chester is singing SOTD live, he doesn't sound very good in the verses. Here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxZSoTs5idU

EDIT: But the guitar parts are good :)

Yeah i'll admit it sounds a bit awkward hearing the recordings, but it sounds great live. I swear when he hear them live the vocals sound JUST like they do on the album, then i hear the recordings and they don't lol Live is just a different experience. SOTD is a cool song live, everyone puts their lighters up, the lighting is great, and the end with the entire band playing an instrument (minus Joe lol) is very cool to see

will be the same song just with the others lyrics ¬¬

i hate it, fucking beats,

and the worst part is that mike say that he maked their better beats.

the album will have alot of beats ¬¬

right now is good say "god bless us everyone"

will be the same song just with the others lyrics ¬¬

i hate it, fucking beats,

and the worst part is that mike say that he maked their better beats.

the album will have alot of beats ¬¬

right now is good say "god bless us everyone"

Even Jesus doesn't like it. Confirmation that The Catalyst sucks.

For a matter of fact yes I have. I've seen LP live in front of my face. But Chester's vocals as I was stating, aren't that great during the song live. But yes Brad and Chester's guitar playing is awesome live.

I'll back you up on this. I remember seeing Shadow of The Day live during PR 2007. I was there. And I remember thinking, wow...this is the only song all night that he's struggled on. The vocals were the only real problem. It proved that he really is one of the best vocalists in the world though because when he was flat during the song, I knew that it was all real. I was like "HOLY CRAP! He's not perfect. He actually can mess up!"