Linkin Park Featuring You Winner Announced

Aberu

From MS.com

We’ve been calling it a premix contest: the “Linkin Park Featuring You” contest on MySpace has now come to a close, and we have a winner. No joking around this time…our winner is:

NoBraiN!!!

His real name is Czeslaw (his nickname is Chex) and he’s an English teacher from Swidnica, Poland. I had an amazing conversation on Skype with him, where I told him the good news. Video of that is coming soon.

As I’ve said before, the quality of the MySpace remixes were amazing–even better than we had expected. Thank you all for your music and your votes. I’ll be giving away a full list of the top 20 finalists here on mikeshinoda.com shortly.

In a couple of days, you’ll be able to hear the real thing: our new single, “The Catalyst,” comes out on MONDAY.

But until then, go HERE to listen to NoBraiN’s winning track, on the Linkin Park music player.

Edited by Dmitry

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The intro with the text-to-speech is cheesy, but other than that this is really great.

He synced the vocals in an off way, but made it work by using the long "noooo" at the end of the line. Creative.

Dunno how I feel about this. Too "electronic" for my tastes. In the middle of the song I thought my computer had froze or something. lol. Really didn't like the intro, but the rest is ok.

It's cool that's he's an English teacher from Poland. I got the weirdest mental image of one of my English teachers trying to do a mix.

Congrats Chex.

Dunno how I feel about this. Too "electronic" for my tastes. In the middle of the song I thought my computer had froze or something. lol. Really didn't like the intro, but the rest is ok.

It's cool that's he's an English teacher from Poland. I got the weirdest mental image of one of my English teachers trying to do a mix.

Congrats Chex.

Same here.. I really dont like it. I also didnt hear Chester in the song? I have heard much better remix songs..

I also didnt hear Chester in the song?

I don't know exactly how LP were going to do it, but they mentioned that they might fly the winner to a studio to make a more complete version of the track (i.e. put Chester into it).

Not sure if they'll do that though.

Congrats Chex.

I have a feeling that part of the reason it won was because it was really electronic. Perhaps they wanted the winner to be something that fit in nicely with the rest of the album.

I'm sorry, but imo this really sucks. I like electronic music, but this is something I wouldn't listen to more then once. Congratulations for the winner, but I don't want this in my library. On the other hand, I got a remix from someone and that is one hell of a remix and it was on repeat for several days :P

I wanted Alex to win personally. I dont really mind this remix because I feel it fits what LP is doing with this record

i know, seriously! i can't believe this. My boyfriend's version was so much better. I think his version would have fit with the rest of the songs on a Thousand Suns better. This dude's version is alright though.

i know, seriously! i can't believe this. My boyfriend's version was so much better. I think his version would have fit with the rest of the songs on a Thousand Suns better. This dude's version is alright though.

What the hell? You're not my girlfriend. You can't even capitalize my last name right.

Edited by GigaScythe

I really like this version.. I think he won 'cause he didn't use all the stems and those that he used, he changed them a lot.. Maybe that's what they were looking for.. Also it has a really cool electronic touch and I'm thinking that's what the new album is gonna sound like ;)

Congrats NoBraiN!

Edited by jakolp