Remix Contest....FAKEOUT

hahninator

Xefuzion.. You can't not enter. Your version is amazing. Have someone else submit it for you or something because I sure many people would appreciate that even on the main album. I will if no one wont.

Got that covered B)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but there are some issues with these "stems":

1) The piano is played on an out of tune piano. Its about a half pitch up from C.

2) The song is a tad out of perfect time, about an eighth beet every measure.

Here is how I was able to fit them all together. Its certainly not ideal, but the best way I can find. No additional instrumentation is added as of yet:

http://soundcloud.com/das-1/cat4

Link Fixed

Piano is in tune, tempo is consistent. I'm playing along with the chord progression (Dm, Am, C, G) on my guitar and it sounds just fine. And I can get all the stems to line up just fine tempo-wise.

Anyway, I have a GREAT concept for a remix, but I doubt I'll be able to actually finish it...I'm back in Ohio right now and expected I'd be able to record, only to discover that some of the cables I use to hook my interface up to my computer don't work anymore.

I'm gonna assume that using samples from LP songs would be allowed. I don't think they'd have any trouble getting the rights to use their own stuff, right?

I just think I can use one of the Given Up screams to good use.

During the ustream chat, Mike said that any samples had to be original creations, can't even sample other LP tracks.

There was something in the rules about requiring our submission not to have previously been broadcasted on a media network... Does that mean places like YouTube?

Stupid question I guess but I suppose I'm asking if I'd be able to put my remix on YouTube to show people.

There was something in the rules about requiring our submission not to have previously been broadcasted on a media network... Does that mean places like YouTube?

Stupid question I guess but I suppose I'm asking if I'd be able to put my remix on YouTube to show people.

sounds like it, so they are sure people aren't submitting stuff they got from somewhere else

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but there are some issues with these "stems":

1) The piano is played on an out of tune piano. Its about a half pitch up from C.

2) The song is a tad out of perfect time, about an eighth beet every measure.

Here is how I was able to fit them all together. Its certainly not ideal, but the best way I can find. No additional instrumentation is added as of yet:

http://soundcloud.com/das-1/cat4

Link Fixed

i loved it!! great job!

Just a rough demo:

http://soundcloud.com/u544/the-catalyst-rmx-demo

I'm not really satisfied with how it sounds. I think it still misses something, but I just can't figure out what...

Any tips?

wow i really like this one, its different. though i have to agree, that something is missing. i would almost say, take less vocals, because i liked it more before they started.

Mine is completely different from everyone elses. xD

I really did take what Mike said to heart. "The weirder, the better"

i like the instrumental stuff, thats really cool and creative, but i think that mikes vocals do absolutely not fit into the rest.