A Thousand Suns - September 14th!

danielpsoad-09

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear Myles Kennedy is going to attempt some vocals on this ish.

yeap.and there's gonna be remixes with Tom Morello,Slash, Joe Satriani, Santana, Dave Navarro and Camp Freddy, The Roots, Get Busy Comittee.. and snapz! we got an album!

Warner and Linkin Park will make millions with the single/album cause everybody is talking about their "collaboration" with a fan. But that's just marketing. If you win, you're name will maybe be written on myspace and in the booklet in a very small font size. it's by far not enough to start the big career. It's about the hype, not about finding a talented musician ;)

I never said it was about finding a talented musician. But once again, don't you think being picked by LP means you're a talented musician? And how can you say "If you win, you're name will maybe be written on myspace and in the booklet in a very small font size."? You don't know that. That's not a fact. You think they're just gonna throw a remix on the album and barely mention who did it? I'm not saying you get on this track and your famous. Getting big in the music industry is only possible by people hearing your work. I think getting something you did on an LP album will get you plenty of listens to at least get some people talking. BTW Linkin Park will NOT make millions off the album. Warner will. LP and most other artists get their money from live shows. Lrn2musicindustry. Edited by LPPanther

Fucking awesome that we finally have a confirmed album title and release date!!! I'm SO excited for this shit. The only thing I'm kind of iffy on is the fact that they're choosing a fan remix of the lead single from the album. I want an LP album, not some shitty fan remix. Why would they use the remix as the album version of a song that already has an album version?

Fucking awesome that we finally have a confirmed album title and release date!!! I'm SO excited for this shit. The only thing I'm kind of iffy on is the fact that they're choosing a fan remix of the lead single from the album. I want an LP album, not some shitty fan remix. Why would they use the remix as the album version of a song that already has an album version?

It's not going to replace the official album version. Mike said that they may choose a remix of the single and put it on the album. I'm guessing as a bonus track.

Warner and Linkin Park will make millions with the single/album cause everybody is talking about their "collaboration" with a fan. But that's just marketing. If you win, you're name will maybe be written on myspace and in the booklet in a very small font size. it's by far not enough to start the big career. It's about the hype, not about finding a talented musician ;)

What's your point really? People shouldn't enter? So if all you're saying is true and then some; it is still a great opportunity for a lucky person. If the person who enters happens to be a band and they win and impress LP enough, anything could happen. You can't predict the future. At the least, a lot of people get to have fun.

If it bugs you so much, then don't freaking enter. No one is forcing you. So stop trying to shove your discontent into other people.

Edited by arbiter

I think what their saying is that the remix will be an additional track with the rest of the album. Meaning it won't be in place of the album version just something extra.

i remember reading somewhere in here that ppl from lplive should vote for all of the entries that come from this community. i disagree only because i think people should vote for the one they think is the best, not just because it came from here.

Anyway, I think im gonna tell my friend about this ( a girl). shes a really good singer. Might sound goood next to LP

What's your point really? People shouldn't enter? So if all you're saying is true and then some; it is still a great opportunity for a lucky person.

It's not based on luck though really.

the community (that's you) will vote, and the most popular stuff will rise to the top.

There's not equal chance in a situation where people vote for what is "best". Don't you remember what happened during the Fort Minor contest? Same exact thing. There were so many AMAZING remixes but the elitist remixers (community) on the website disregarded anything that sounded less than professional as far as the mix and sound quality goes. Mike only heard what was left over, thus choosing a remix of a person beatboxing with some arcade game music playing in the background (copyrighted material mind you). So yeah... there is really nothing fair about it. =P It will be really fun but it's still debatable if its worth someones time. If they are doing it just for fun and hope that maybe they get lucky, then sure. That's what I will be doing. For someone who is hoping to come out of this with some recognition of some sort for their hard work that may not be of standards for most of the LP community, well they might just be better off watching Judge Judy or something. :lol:

i think people should vote for the one they think is the best, not just because it came from here.

Agreed. B)

Edited by rav0k

My perspective on this whole thing... I honestly don't think they will choose a WHOLE song, I believe they might just take a beat, or a small portion of a mix, or instrumentals, or maybe even vocals, and somehow blend it into their track.

Now, if they do go all the way, and make the winner a BIG part of the track, I believe it might be a digital release, as an extra via iTunes... because honestly, I wouldn't want to hear a fan remix or full song with a fan, on a legit hardcopy LP album.

But thats just me. lol.