Anality

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Somehow almost nobody knows about it, but besides the art for "2000 Fold" by Styles Of Beyond and "The Underground Tapes" by Saukrates, Mike did the art for "Frane's Fantastic Boatride (Or Beats To Blaze To Volume 1)" by DJ Frane.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Released: 05 October 1999.

• 2 months later...

About the bpm of Faint. 135bpm is SLOWER than 70. Why? Usually drummers double the bpm of a song to catch the rythm easier. At the beggining, the demo was at 70 but probably Rob double the tempo to 140 (the song will sound exactly the same but the click is doubled). Later in the making of the song, they reduced the tempo by 5bpm, which is the album version.

• 1 month later...

About the bpm of Faint. 135bpm is SLOWER than 70. Why? Usually drummers double the bpm of a song to catch the rythm easier. At the beggining, the demo was at 70 but probably Rob double the tempo to 140 (the song will sound exactly the same but the click is doubled). Later in the making of the song, they reduced the tempo by 5bpm, which is the album version.

This idea makes no sense whatsoever, as Rob wasn't involved in the song at all at this point in its creation. It started out as a typical Brad/Mike writing session in the band's tour bus studio. They had the guitar riff and a general rough "idea" for the song, but there wasn't a beat for it yet, so Brad recorded the rough guitar tracks to a click track at 70 BPM. Mike then put together the beat for the song, and it came out at 135 BPM. It was literally almost twice as fast as the guitar part Brad recorded initially. The Faint demo we got on LPU 9 doesn't even have live drums on it (most pre-MTM demos didn't get real drums until the final recording phase), and that was from way later in the process.

Edited by Astat

• 1 month later...

corrections:

57. The demo version of 'Enth E Nd' from Reanimation had Mike's original Hybrid Theory verses in the song, Mike wrote new verses later on for the final album version. The demo version has never been released. [you could add that the demo is available now]

59. While in Asia in 2009, Mike rapped the first verse of 'Dedicated' (1999 demo released on LPU 2) over the intro to 'Points Of Authority' twice. It was the first time he had performed any portion of the song live, ever.

[-> see 65. Mike made an appearance on the Wake Up Show in 2002...During the battle, he rapped both verses from 'Dedicated,' the first time that song had been unveiled in any form...] if you don't call the Wake Up Show a live performance then ok...

112. Linkin Park has contributed music to all three Transformers movies so far. One song was made specifically FOR the movie - ''New Divide''! ''What I've Done'' was in the first movie and ''Iridescent'' was in the third. [-> to the first three Transformers movies]

122. H! Vltg3' off of Reanimation samples a song called 'All For One' by the group Brand Nubian. The members of the group are credited in the liner notes of the album. [-> partly mentioned at 3.]

154. At the Live Earth show in Tokyo, Japan in 2007, Rhianna was at the side of the stage... [-> Rihanna]

184. The track 'Drug Lab' from The Raid: Redemption soundtrack (by Mike and Joe Trapanese) was used in an episode of Burn Notice. [-> already mentioned at 151.]

Edited by Rasputin 93

The vocal sample from the beginning of Joe's DJ solo on the Projekt Revolution 2002 tour ("We don't wanna be left behind/all we want to do is just blow your mind") comes from the song 'Back Up Off Me!' by Dr. Dre and Ed Lover (feat. T-Money).

Wasn't it "High Power Rap" by Disco Dave And The Force Of The Five MCs?

I mean, I know the Dr. Dre song has these same lines, but it also has lines from other known hip-hop songs.

I think the sample used by Mr. Hahn came from "High Power Rap".

57. The demo version of 'Enth E Nd' from Reanimation had Mike's original Hybrid Theory verses in the song, Mike wrote new verses later on for the final album version. The demo version has never been released. [you could add that the demo is available now]

Not true, the Enth e Nd demo we have is nearly identical to the final version and has the same vocals that appear on Reanimation.

Wasn't it "High Power Rap" by Disco Dave And The Force Of The Five MCs?

I mean, I know the Dr. Dre song has these same lines, but it also has lines from other known hip-hop songs.

I think the sample used by Mr. Hahn came from "High Power Rap".

Yes, High Power Rap is the origin of that vocal sample. I confirmed as much with LPLive staff in the past, no idea who found the Dr. Dre song and changed the info, I've never even heard it.

I guess we could add that I'll Be Gone is the first LP song off a major album to feature another artist.

Or that Guilty All the Same is the first to prominently feature one.

With You was the first song to feature another artist (Dust Brothers). Nobody's Listening had David Zasloff playing flute too.

Edited by Astat

On our first tour, we opened for a band that treated us like crap. Our album wasn’t out—incidentally, neither was theirs—but they had a single that was starting to do well on the radio. We would get to the venue, and those guys would take up every room in the place, leaving us to sit on the curb outside waiting to play.

Instead of signing autographs, they would charge their fans for a signed picture. They had hairdressers and bodyguards, and we were playing 500-seat clubs! It was ridiculous. But instead of moping outside, we talked to the fans. We signed everything and gave our demo cassettes away for free.
We learned a great lesson: treat your opening bands and fans with respect. Today, we still set up a meet-and-greet with our fan club at every event, and we make an effort to treat our opening bands with respect.

I think this should be added:
And One is the first song made by LP, and is the first LP song that contain the word "love" in any form

and as Pez said Wth>You from Reanimation is the first LP song to contain the word "love" as a noun

Someone said it before, and I think it should be added, Chester is left handed

Every member of LP use or used glasses except Phoenix

Chester have children with 3 womans, Talinda Bennington, Samantha Benington and Elka Brand, Talinda and Elka are friends now (not quite sure about that, just saw that Elka and Talinda do have som pictures together + this: https://twitter.com/ElkaBr/status/327255018585595906/photo/1)

"After the band's collaboration with Medal of Honor, soldiers actually began listening to 'The Catalyst' frequently while out in the field."
Can someone give me the source?

Edited by TheDamian58C

Many artists have joined the band on stage for 'One Step Closer' over the years. A few guests include Dilated Peoples, Marky Chavez (Adema), Wes Scantlin (Puddle Of Mudd), Sonny Sandovel (P.O.D.), Aaron Lewis (Staind), Jonathan Davis (Korn), Johan from Pia, Doug Robb (Hoobastank) and Dan Marsala (Story Of The Year).

"Yohan" instead of "Johan".

From 2002 to 2010, the band only played in Mexico once (2002) and South America once (Brazil in 2004). They returned to Brazil in 2010 (one show) and Mexico (two shows) in 2012.

In 2010 they also played in other Soth American countries (Argentina and Chile) for the first time.

Mike recorded vocals for a song entitled 'Second To None', which was a track on the unreleased Styles Of Beyond album Reseda Beach. Thankfully, the song was debuted on the Transformers movie soundtrack in 2007.

The album was released in 2012.

"Second To None" was also a bonus track on Razor Tag.

The track 'Drug Lab' from The Raid: Redemption soundtrack (by Mike and Joe Trapanese) was used in an episode of Burn Notice.

Listed twice.

H! Vltg3' off of Reanimation samples a song called 'All For One' by the group Brand Nubian. The members of the group are credited in the liner notes of the album.
H! Vltg3' off of Reanimation samples a song called 'All For One' by the group Brand Nubian. It also samples 'Family' by Lamont Dozier (the main piano part comes from that song), which isn't credited in the liner notes, but the sample was still cleared by management.

You could write these two facts as a single one. Just a suggestion.

Edited by lpliveusername

The birth of Sal:

LINKIN PARK wants you to design your own ultimate website for them. Design your own website, and the top 5 sites picked by the band & Street Team Managers, will win a pair of tickets FOR LIFE. That's right every show in or near your city you and a guest will be guests of LINKIN PARK no matter what tour or festivals they are on for the life of the band. Allrunner-ups will win a prize from the band, and havetheir site linked with www.linkinpark.com. You must e-mail to linkinpark@yahoo.com your name, address,phone #, age, link to site, and title your e-mail WEBSITE CONTEST in the subject.

Please e-mail us this information EVEN IF YOU ALREADY HAVE SENT IT.

All websites MUST be registered with www.ubl.com, and YAHOO or another similar search engine.

You will be able to go to linkinpark@yahoo.com for images, and info.

CONTEST RUNS FROM SEPT 20-OCT 24.

Source.

On our first tour, we opened for a band that treated us like crap. Our album wasn’t out—incidentally, neither was theirs—but they had a single that was starting to do well on the radio. We would get to the venue, and those guys would take up every room in the place, leaving us to sit on the curb outside waiting to play.

Instead of signing autographs, they would charge their fans for a signed picture. They had hairdressers and bodyguards, and we were playing 500-seat clubs! It was ridiculous. But instead of moping outside, we talked to the fans. We signed everything and gave our demo cassettes away for free.
We learned a great lesson: treat your opening bands and fans with respect. Today, we still set up a meet-and-greet with our fan club at every event, and we make an effort to treat our opening bands with respect.

I guess he was talking about this same band:

PRP: Have you ever farted in a Tupperware container which contained food, closed the lid fast and left it in the fridge for an unsuspecting victim?
Mike: No, but one of our band members once pooped in a bag, with the intention of throwing the bag on another band we were playing with.

I think that Chester is allergic to marijuana is a nice fact

Considering he smoked it for the majority of his adult life, I find that highly unlikely to be true. That whole "LP called the cops on Sublime" story is literally one of the most face palm-inducingly stupid things I've ever heard come out of the Linkin Park fanbase.

Edited by Astat

Considering he smoked it for the majority of his adult life, I find that highly unlikely to be true. That whole "LP called the cops on Sublime" story is literally one of the most face palm-inducingly stupid things I've ever heard come out of the Linkin Park fanbase.

Sublime is who posted about it I believe, right?

Screencap of my comment on the article from thePRP about the Sublime incident, in case it gets denied by the mods for whatever reason. This basically sums up the situation:

post-641-0-68635400-1401143716_thumb.png

Edited by Astat