"Did You Know" Facts

Anality

Did You Know:

this thread is almost 3 years in "Site Info & Support" although it's not related to "Site Info" or to "Site Support".

"General LP Discussion" it's a more proper place for it.

Submit some via this thread :P This can be the thread for that.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i didn't know this thread feed the homepage. :unsure:

---

when the band toured with Papa Roach the band called them "The Broken Home Boys" and papa roach called the band "Linkin Park Rangers"

Edited by Skipees

Not sure how commonly known this is, but I never knew Brad was in this video too - I thought it was just Chester. 0:47 for Brad. Chester is at 1:00-1:02.

It's from HFS 2001, so it's worthy of an "Other Note".

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1444110/s...-hfstival.jhtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festival_Song

http://lplive.net/shows/20010528.php

Not sure how commonly known this is, but I never knew Brad was in this video too - I thought it was just Chester. 0:47 for Brad. Chester is at 1:00-1:02.

It's from HFS 2001, so it's worthy of an "Other Note".

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1444110/s...-hfstival.jhtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festival_Song

http://lplive.net/shows/20010528.php

Hmm, interesting. Will add this info to LP related video list.

08.07.2000 | West Hollywood, CA | Whiskey a Go Go

Brad with the headphones since the first LP show.

Chester Speech from the first show:

"I'm originally from Arizona, and the rest of the guys are from here, so I was, you know, living in my car for a couple of weeks, and before you know it, things were happening. I feel really blessed right now. This is great. I'm just looking forward to getting out there [on tour]."

Source

first show review of the band ever?

Edited by Skipees

08.07.2000 | West Hollywood, CA | Whiskey a Go Go

Brad with the headphones since the first LP show.

Chester Speech from the first show:

Source

first show review of the band ever?

Brad was wearing the headphones as far back as the Esaul footage on Frat Party from 1999. I'd imagine it's something that even pre-dates Linkin Park.

Brad was wearing the headphones as far back as the Esaul footage on Frat Party from 1999. I'd imagine it's something that even pre-dates Linkin Park.

agree, but i meant continuously. it could be even from Xero show, but since we don't have media (videos/photos) from Xero/Hybrid Theory era except Esaul/"Jammin' With Hybrid Theory" i said - "since the first LP show.

Submit some via this thread :P This can be the thread for that.

Full list:

11. Many artists have joined the band on stage for “One Step Closer” over the years. A few of them: Dilated Peoples, Marky Chavez (Adema), Wes Scantlin (Puddle Of Mudd), Sonny Sandovel (P.O.D.), Aaron Lewis (Staind), Jonathan Davis (Korn), Eminem & D12, Pia, and members of Story Of The Year & Hoobastank.

When did Dilated Peoples come out on OSC? Never heard of it before. Heard of High Voltage, but not OSC...

Did you know:

Scott Weiland invited Chester to perform with the Stone Temple Pilots back in the 2001? Scott got kicked out and Chester is the new lead singer now, aswell Weiland invited Chaz to perform with Camp Freddy, Scott got kicked out of CF too and Chester now is one of their most acclaimed guests.

i didn't know about the Camp Freddy part.

this so-called - paving the way.

I know this info because back in the 2009 or 2010 Chester was very active in twitter and i ask him about who invited him to perform with CF

it was a nice moment for me lol

I knew Scott used to be a member of Camp Freddy but I didn't know he was the one who invited Chester to sing with them.

Issho Ni = 一緒に = Together

---

LIEnkin Park:

the word Lie(s) appears in 24 different songs of the band:

- Papercut

- Runaway

- Pushing Me Away

- Hit The Floor

- From The Inside

- Bleed It Out

- What I've Done

- No More Sorrow

- In Between

- In Pieces

- Across The Line

- New Divide

- Waiting For The End

- Blackout

- Lost In The Echo

- Burn It Down

- Lies Greed Misery

- X-Ecutioner Style

- Carousel

- And One

- QWERTY

- Blue

- Debris

- Forgotten (Demo)

Edited by Skipees

Chester had an offer to be the lead singer of the Michael Schenker Group prior to joining Xero/Hybrid Theory, but turned it down.

Source: Radio Alice interview w/Chester and Ryan Shuck.

• 1 month later...

there are some old facts in this so i'm posting it here.

From Interview with Jeff Blue in 12.09.2001:

HQ: How did Linkin Park come about?

I’ve always had interns working for me. When I was at Zomba Music Publishing I had an intern from UCLA named Brad Delson. He saw me signing Macy Gray and Limp Bizkit. He was a very talkative kid, very self-assured. He told me that he was starting a band and that it was going to be bigger than any of my other bands. He was like a kid brother to me. He gave me some early songs, and I gave him a hard time about them. I went to see his band anyway, the first show they ever did, was really impressed, and offered them a publishing/development deal on the spot. We ended up doing the deal but I couldn’t get the band signed. I went through two bass players and one singer. Almost three years into the band I found Chester Bennington. I was at a music conference and a friend told me about this singer from Phoenix. I was so desperate I called him up when I was in Texas and told him, “I’m sending you the music and the original songs and I want you to sing over them.” It was his birthday, and he said he couldn’t do it, so I promised him that this band was going to be huge and asked him if he could please do this for me. He actually left his birthday party, went into a local studio at night, sang the tracks and sent them back to me the next day. When I received them at my house, I listened to them, thought they were really good, and told the band that I had found their singer. It took a while, they auditioned a lot of people, but eventually Chester managed to get into the band. I was adamant about Chester being in the band. I was totally convinced, so I flew him out on my own dime. I just knew this was the kid. Obviously he is one of the most talented vocalists in the music business. He combined with Mike, Brad, Phoenix, Joe and Rob are just pure talent and have, I believe, a very long career ahead of them.

he's talking about Xero, i want to watch it.

Edited by Skipees

• 5 weeks later...

Wow now that's a very interesting fact.

At the Grafen 2009 M&G I remember Ana asking them about RAR and RIP 2010 and Mike & Phoenix said they wanted to play it, but obviously the touring cycle started too late.

I wonder why they didnt get to play in 2011, their Euro Tour fell right on time for it. Edited by Soul

Well I saw this topic bump up again and funny enough, I found something

Well we went through a period discussing when Chester said the word "Love" appears for the first time in a LP song which we worked out it doesn't. Then Astat said...

The Messenger was the first song to use "love" as a noun, as in the idea of love itself. All previous LP songs that used it were just using it as a verb.

The other day I worked out that this is possibly incorrect too depending on how you take it.

In Wth>You off Reanimation, during Aceyalone's verse he says...

No, I’m not upset. No, I’m not angry. I know love is love, Love and sometimes it pains me.

...which means this could be the first song? Yes its not exactly a single or something off a studio album but it is a LP song :)

Food for thought haha

Pretty sure that this was already posted but anyway this is one of my favorite facts as long with a working name of a Avenged Sevenfold track called ''Linkin Park''

What is the final title of the song? Or it was never released?

• 3 weeks later...