"Did You Know" Facts

Anality

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

in the album "The Platform" from "Dilated Peoples" there are 9 (!) people that collaborated with the band in one way or another.

Dilated Peoples:

- Evidence (H! Vltg3)

- DJ Babu (H! Vltg3)

- Rakaa Iriscience (two Freestyles at the wake up show)

Guests:

- B-Real (Carry Me Away)

- Aceyalone (Wth>You)

- Planet Asia (Ppr:Kut)

- Tha Alkaholiks [aka Tha Liks] (Best U Can)

Producers:

- The Alchemist (Frgt/10)

- Kut Masta Kurt (Enth E ND)

in the album "The Platform" from "Dilated Peoples" there are 8 (!) people that collaborated with the band in one way or another.

Dilated Peoples:

- Evidence (H! Vltg3)

- DJ Babu (H! Vltg3)

- Rakaa Iriscience (two Freestyles at the wake up show)

Guests:

- B-Real (Carry Me Away)

- Aceyalone (Wth>You)

- Planet Asia (Ppr:Kut)

Producers:

- The Alchemist (Frgt/10)

- Kut Masta Kurt (Enth E ND)

... and also Tha Alkaholiks (Mike appeared in the video for "Best U Can" - maybe not really a collaboration but still you might want to add that) Edited by Marianos

... and also Tha Alkaholiks (Mike appeared in the video for "Best U Can" - maybe not really a collaboration but still you might want to add that)

i didn't know that "Tha Liks" have alternatvie name - "Tha Alkaholiks".

so it makes it 9.

edited my post, thanks :)

double post because i think i've found some great news:

Three Meteora B-Sides:

10.10.2002 : recording vocals

we're done with drums and bass...guitars are about 90% finished, scratching is about 50% there. and chester and i are working on the vocals every day.
we've had some days where the words just seem to flow out of us, and other days where we can't write more than a few lines. it can be a really slow process, but i know we need to take our time to make things sound right.
by the way, thanks for the encouragement and good words on the message boards here and on LPU.com. people always start posts to us with "you're never going to read this, but..." we do read them, so thanks for writing.
anyway, back to work. chester and i are working on our 11th song today (out of 15). there will be 12 tracks on the album. and i want them all to be great.

POSTED BY MIKE

we're always saying we don't have even one Meteora B-Side - now we know - there are at least three.

Source

---

Working Titles:

7.10.2002 : getting started

right now, we are working on an album of songs with fake names...whenever we start a song, we put it in my computer and give it a working title, such as "smelly feet" or "ugly head". these working titles are what we call the songs until they get finished lyrics and a real name.

a bit of trivia: some songs never lose their working title. "papercut" was a working title, as was "points of authority". but usually songs get renamed. "in the end" was originally called "untitled", which we liked until d'angelo came out with a song of that name.

but sometimes, some of us never get past the working title. originally, forgotten was called "rhinestone," and no matter how much i ask him not to, brad still calls that song by its old name. haha

POSTED BY MIKE

so four new working titles:
- Smelly Feet
- Ugly Head
- Papercut
- Points Of Authority.

Source

(According to Astat) Elements of Oh No were used in Points Of Authority. Just like elements of Blue were used in Crawling.

Edit:

Updated these posts if anyone cares:

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopi...st&p=182687

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopi...st&p=188235

Edited by lpliveusername

okay.

did you or did you not know:

Crave Album Sampler Cd

cycleprom2.jpg

Label: Radioactive Records

Released: 2002

Tracks:

1: No Stress

2: Karma Killer

--

Greetings From Santa Monica Promo Cd Sampler

santamonica.jpg

Released: 2001

Other info:

Promo sampler featuring 'Karma Killer' which is a track that Chester Bennington sings with Cyclefly.

Source

double post because i think i've found some great news:

Three Meteora B-Sides:

we're always saying we don't have even one Meteora B-Side - now we know - there are at least three.

Source

---

Working Titles:

so four new working titles:

- Smelly Feet

- Ugly Head

- Papercut

- Points Of Authority.

Source

There's no reason to believe that "Smelly Feet" and "Ugly Head" were actually track titles. Mike was just giving examples.

There's no reason to believe that "Smelly Feet" and "Ugly Head" were actually track titles. Mike was just giving examples.

maybe, but you can say it about "Smelly Feet" which is common, but who using "Ugly Head"?

Broken Foot is a good example of what Mike is talking about. I like how some song titles reference stuff that has happened to the band. Example: Brad broke his foot in late 2001. An early Meteora demo was called "Broken Foot". Chester had stitches..... -> "21 Stitches" as the Given Up demo. A trip to Japan....a demo right after that called "Japan". Just funny stuff.

Castle Of Glass and Skin To Bone from Living Things were the original titles too, because on the making of LT, Mike is listing a bunch of demo titles on the board and he calls those by those names, while calling all the other songs by their demo titles (Buried At Sea, Piledriver, etc). Same with Shadow Of The Day on the making of MTM, it was on a board with the rest of demo titles of songs that ended up making the album. I also strongly believe Valentine's Day and In Between are also demo titles from reason. Kind of awesome. I love facts like these about LP songs. It's also interesting to read that Brad still called Forgotten by it's demo title and he couldn't stop doing it. I wonder if anyone in the band still calls songs we know and love today by their demo titles now. Lol.

10.10.2000 Nashville, TN

LP recorded My December on the 9th or 10th of October at RCA Studios in Nashville. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RCA_Studio_B

I was intrigued because in the Fairfax 2002 recording Chester says they recorded it in Nashville for a Christmas album, and recorded it in a studio Elvis used to record at in Nashville. Mike wrote it in just a few hours. I emailed the studio to see if they can give us an exact date.

I've been watching all the Linkin Park DVDs back to back lately and trying to do some guess work I was wondering if anyone thought Robs drum song from the making of Meteora became "Wake" off MtM? Taking into account how they've mentioned before they may play something on piano and change it to a different instrument to see if it works better, I think the guitars in "Wake" are reminiscent of the piano part in Robs drum song.

Also while its been mentioned in other parts of the site "Program" from LPU11 was on the Frat Party DVD

I've been watching all the Linkin Park DVDs back to back lately and trying to do some guess work I was wondering if anyone thought Robs drum song from the making of Meteora became "Wake" off MtM? Taking into account how they've mentioned before they may play something on piano and change it to a different instrument to see if it works better, I think the guitars in "Wake" are reminiscent of the piano part in Robs drum song.

Also while its been mentioned in other parts of the site "Program" from LPU11 was on the Frat Party DVD

Wake is one of a select few LP songs in 6/8 time (while the Meteora demo in question isn't), so probably not.

Did You Know:

this thread is almost 3 years in "Site Info & Support" although it's not related to "Site Info" or to "Site Support".

"General LP Discussion" it's a more proper place for it.