"Did You Know" Facts

Anality

- On the cover of the promo CD for Cyclefly's single "No Stress" there's a quote from Chester:

"Cyclefly is one of my favourite bands and their new record is the best I've heard in a long time. If you don't like it, YOU SUCK!"

Picture here.

- "Karma Killer" was supposed to be released as the second single off Cyclefly's second album, Crave. A new mix of the song was made by Bill Appleberry for the single release.

The single was never released, but the new version was uploaded to Cyclefly's MySpace page.

- http://www.tom-bryant.com/linkin-park-kerrang--tom-bryant.html

As they started pre-production work with Don Gilmore, the producer told them he didn’t like any of their songs.

“Well, actually he liked two – Points Of Authority and With You,” says Bennington. “We basically had to write a new record in two months. We stayed at Mike’s house around the clock and wrote that album.”

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Screencap of my comment on the article from thePRP about the Sublime incident, in case it gets denied by the mods for whatever reason. This basically sums up the situation:

How do you know he smokes weed? Can you give me the source/sources?

As far as I know he smoked methamphetamine and cocaine when he was teenager, later when he was 18, he got into jail and after that he entirely ended with drugs

As far as I know he smoked methamphetamine and cocaine when he was teenager, later when he was 18, he got into jail and after that he entirely ended with drugs

There are multiple interviews from the Minutes to Midnight-present era where Chester says he smokes weed. I haven't seen him say anything about it in maybe 3 years or so, so it's POSSIBLE he's quit since then, but either way, he was still doing it for years after he quit all the other stuff he was doing.

Trust me, that's not the kind of thing I'd openly comment on if I hadn't seen Chester publicly talk about it himself.

Edited by Astat

Astat is right, it's pretty obvious, but he might have stopped after quitting smoking during the MTM era..

I searched for a source that confirms what you said, but I couldn't find it (I searched even in Spanish). The only thing I found that is close to confirm what you said, is that he is for legalizing marihuana, everything else (related to drugs) told only about his teenage addiction. While I searched for the information I found some other nice facts:

Chester have diet based on vegan diet, and he does it for animals

When he was about 18 years old, his weight was 49 kilos! His mom said that he looks like he would be taken from Aushwitz.

Draven Sebastian Bennington, Chester's child, has name Draven after a person in a movie called The Crow, and the name Sebastian is after compositor Johann Sebastian Bach.

Sources:

http://www.wretchesandkings.net/2013/01/27/chester-bennington-entrevistado-por-blender-magazine/

http://www.taringa.net/posts/info/11408227/Marihuana-famosos-hablan-del-cannabis-y-su-legalizacion.html

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chester_Bennington

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to recall a comment he or someone else made about getting high before going onstage with LP (someone correct me if I'm wrong though).

or there's that comment Chester made at Juke Joint, Springfield, MO. He doesn't say "I smoke weed" but his garbled, ad hoc phrasing seems quite obviously influenced by something.

on a different note, our DYK fact about Robot Boy never being played live is now ever so slightly wrong :lol:

- The song "Wake Me" by Grey Daze is actually a re-recording of an old song by Sean Dowdell And His Friends?, Sean and Chester's band before Grey Daze.

Whether there is a recording of the original version or not is unknown.

- The album Run Joseph Run by Tasty Snax features an unlisted untitled hidden track in which you can hear Phoenix rapping.

Oli Sykes' (Bring Me The Horizon) first rock gig was LP's Manchester Apollo show in 2001, an experience which he claims lead him to want to start a rock band, having previously been only into dance and pop music.

Craig Mabbitt's (Escape The Fate) first gig was LP's Arizona America West Arena show in 2002, he claims that now, every time he is onstage and makes a split second connection with a fan, that he is thinking back to a moment where Chester pointed at him during this show, and made his night memorable. Mabbitt also claimed that his ears were bleeding after the show!

S: Kerrang magazine

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't sure where to put this because I figured it wasn't important at all but it's a cool little bit of info. Anyone remember the movie ''Eurotrip'' from 2004? I had a sudden urge to watch it the other night for some reason and while I was looking up information on it, I stumbled across this.

Michelle Trachtenberg missed out on being cast in Linkin Park’s ‘Numb’ music video due to an actor not remembering his line. “Linkin Park was at our hotel at the time of shooting. They asked me to be in the video. I went to the boys and they said ‘Yeah sounds good, but it’s this one day and we’ve got this amazing French actor. He’s brilliant. He’s only available this one day.’ He was the worst actor I’ve ever worked with my entire life. He couldn’t remember, ‘What would you like to eat?’” Mandel jumps to the actors rescue, “In his defense, it was 300 degrees. We rented a restaurant that had no A/C. The bright side is, he was wonderful in the ‘Numb’ video.”

SOURCE: http://veryaware.com/2014/02/the-25-most-fascinating-things-learned-at-eurotrips-10th-anniversary-screening/

I think this belongs here:

You know that Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter music video for Powerless that has performance footage from the Berlin soundcheck mixed in? Ever notice how Brad's barely even shown in the video? That's because Mike recorded all of the guitars on Powerless, and Brad never bothered to learn how to play it. He showed up at the video shoot with NO CLUE how to play the song they were filming, so they purposely kept shots of him to a minimum to keep the illusion of it being a live performance believable.

- The girl in Numb music video, is sister to Rob's exgirlfriend

- When it comes to drugs, Chester retook it in 2005-2006 period. He was so drunk in that period, that he said yes to whatever drug that was offered to him. It was caused by the divorce with his first wife, but LP, Talinda and guys from Julien K helped him in getting better.

- btw when it comes to Oliver Sykes and his first concert, he is visible on a picture taken from this concert.

• 2 weeks later...

Holly Brook (now goes by Skylar Grey), who sang on Fort Minor's "Where'd You Go" was signed to Machine Shop Recordings by Brad after he heard her demo.

I'm not certain of the validity of this, Wikipedia didn't have a citation. I understand the part about Machine Shop but the part aboutBrad could be wrong.

Wait, is any staff member reading this? I didn't see any of those facts to be added. The only fact that seems to be added recently was a shitty fact about Brad not being very active in making guitar tracks for ATS and LT, and that changed when making THP. Is that serious? Everybody knows that.

-When Chester was 2-2,5 years old his brother recorded him singing Hot Blooded by Foreigner

-Chester was in a music theatre when he was a teenager

-Chester was scanning maps when he left Grey Daze

-I'm not sure I understood it right but: Don Gilmore offered Chester to take over the band and get rid of Mike, Chester didn't do that.

-When making of HT one of the label persons, came and told that a song doesn't sound right. Then the producer just turned up the volume, and right after that the guy from label said it sounds awesome

Source: (Scuzz interview)

About "Right Now":

black thought came in, smoked weed for three or four hours, and did his verse in less than 30 minutes. he was amazing.

Source

-----------------------------------------------------------

Big Daddy Kane was announced to be on Fort Minor's 'We Major' mixtape via a coded symbol message on the back of a Fort Minor Street Team sampler CD, but the guest-spot never happened.

Mike: we never did the track with kane...i wish we had! we didn't have any disagreements about it, the timing just didn't work out. but there is a song on the new SOB album that sounds like an old school kane track. it's REALLY dope

http://www.bloggang.com/mainblog.php?id=madamchu&month=05-04-2007&group=7&gblog=29

-----------------------------------------------------------

Mike Shinoda designed Styles Of Beyond's original logo back in ’97.

Source

Edited by lpliveusername

The compilation "Tomorrow Never Knows" by The Beatles was accompanied by quotes from contemporary rock musicians who were influenced by the band. Mike Shinoda was among these musicians. He wrote:

"Nearly everything my band knows about how to approach recording a song is attached to The Beatles in some way. Directly or indirectly, they've shaped the way every album is recorded, and have changed the world."

• 2 weeks later...