"Did You Know" Facts

Anality

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is infomation thread, he can post how much that he wants and we'll merge what's needed when we'll collect the facts.

Btw, he posted 3 posts with related (and new for a lot of people) information, while your post led to 4 posts without any info at all. Just think about it. So I'm asking you, who is the spammer here? :P

Let's just forget about it.

- Mike do have a list of all the restaurants he likes on his phone. once when he was in Japan, he met a legendary Japanese chief Nobu Mazuhisa (not sure how to write this) and tghe only thing Mike asked him was where should he go and eat in Japan. Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AXtErmRZQo

- Chester's pisces ( his zodiac sign) tatto on his right shoulder was made, when Chester saw a girl in a tatto club, that he though was pretty. And he went to her and asked for making this tatto, the tatto was fucked up, so Chester regreted his decision. The tatto got corrected later.

- Chester and his first wife was so poor at the time of the wedding, that they got tattoed their rings instead of buying them.

Until It's Gone:

Putting it on the album was an afterthought, the band probably assumed that Michael Bay would pick their song to be the movie's "main track" given their past relationship, and he threw them for a loop when he picked Imagine Dragons' submission instead. Remember that article from about 7-8 months ago where someone was hanging around the studio where LP was recording and mentioned them "mixing a song for a movie soundtrack?" That was Until It's Gone. I know the song title was on the tracking board in the THP teaser video, but that was shot so late in the process that the decision not to have it on Transformers 4 would have been made by then.

So yeah, that's a big part of why UIG bugs me so much. They basically shoehorned a song that was recorded for an entirely different project into the tracklisting of their album that was recorded with a completely different mindset...and it shows. Outside of Final Masquerade (which is an infinitely better song), UIG has very little in common with anything else on the album.

- Chester's pisces ( his zodiac sign) tatto on his right shoulder was made, when Chester saw a girl in a tatto club, that he though was pretty. And he went to her and asked for making this tatto, the tatto was fucked up, so Chester regreted his decision. The tatto got corrected later.

Chester thought she was super hot.

Funny enough, it was Jodi Wendt who joined Grey Daze after Chester left the band and it became Waterface. No kidding.

Chester thought she was super hot.

Funny enough, it was Jodi Wendt who joined Grey Daze after Chester left the band and it became Waterface. No kidding.

How do you know it was her? If it's true, then it's very hilarious.

-Mike said once on a concert that Chester has a nice butt.

How do you know it was her? If it's true, then it's very hilarious.

http://www.inkedmag.com/articles/out-of-ashes/

Parked in the back office, Bennington points to the large koi fish on his left biceps. “This was my first when I was 18. There was a girl named Jodi [Wendt] who I thought was super fucking hot who worked here. I wanted her to give me my first tattoo so she would be forced to lean over me for five hours. I wanted a Pisces symbol, and it turned out to be this thing with these weird fish and these stupid faces. But it’s my first tattoo and it has sentimental meaning.”

http://www.chideo.com/chideo/2023#

Mike reveals that the audio they wanted to use after Keys to the Kingdom was originally a clip of a boy saying "a cold doesn't bother me anyway" (quote from the movie Frozen) but Disney didn't want them to use it as part of the album so they replaced it with a boy saying 'I'm not allowed to say certain things', in reference to the original clip.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike wanted to work with Björk:

NYROCK:
You wanted to collaborate with Björk. Anything planned?
MIKE:
Somebody spoke to her – I think our manager spoke at one point. The door, I think, is still open, but we haven't done anything yet. I would love to. I think that she's a very interesting musician. She's very original. And one of the beauties to Reanimation [Linkin Park's 2002 remix release with featured guests] was the ability to meet with other artists and work in the studio and learn how they work, because everybody teaches themselves to write songs in different ways.

And I realized that Björk is probably – is definitely – somebody that has a very interesting way of putting together a song, just in speaking with people that have worked with her. "Spike" Stent, who mixed Reanimation, works with her all the time and he was telling me a little bit about what it's like to be in the studio with her. I think it would be a fun thing to do and there are other people that I would like to work with as well. She's not the only one. But we'll see what happens. It remains to be seen.

http://www.nyrock.com/interviews/2003/linkin_int.asp

-----------------------------------

"Cry To yourself"/"State Of The Art" was supposed to be part of the soundtrack of the videogame "Greg Hastings' Tournament Paintball MAX'D":

Innovative features wouldn't be complete without a groundbreaking soundtrack. The "Greg Hastings' Tournament Paintball MAX'D" soundtrack is setting a new standard for music in video games by featuring two new songs recorded by multi-platinum selling recording artists working together for the first time ever. DJ Lethal (Limp Bizkit) and B-Real (Cypress Hill) collaborated on a new hip-hop song entitled "Play for Real" specifically for the soundtrack, and Chester Bennington (Linkin Park) performed guest vocals on another track created by DJ Lethal which will also appear in the game.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/sleeper-hit-of-2004-for-new-release-across-multi-platforms

Mike wanted to work with Björk:

[22:02] I think we'd like to work with Bjork- we were trying to work with her on something for Reanimation but she told us she'd prefer to work on a new track, so we'll see if it's in the cards. Pretty much everyone that we've been dying to work with we've been able to get together with on the Reanimation CD

------------------------------------

[22:44] How did you get your nickname Big Bad Brad ? Always wondered. Love Ya!

[22:45] This guy we used to work with always called me Baaaaad Brad and it never seemed to fit. So ironically, it became my nickname

http://web.archive.org/web/20021015021317/http://www.linkinpark.com/lphtml/chatlog_popup.php?id=4

[17:54] thanks. i'll check out the band...i actually referenced some of our early demo lyrics on the reanimation cd. the early lyrics for "rhinestone", which became "forgotten"

[16:46] I had a pretty simple role in Reanimation, I just gave my opinion of the remixes coming in- it was pretty much Mike Shinoda's project
[16:46] I didn't have to rerecord any drum tracks for it
Edited by lpliveusername

• 2 weeks later...

On our first tour, we opened for a band that treated us like crap. Our album wasn’t out—incidentally, neither was theirs—but they had a single that was starting to do well on the radio. We would get to the venue, and those guys would take up every room in the place, leaving us to sit on the curb outside waiting to play.
Instead of signing autographs, they would charge their fans for a signed picture. They had hairdressers and bodyguards, and we were playing 500-seat clubs! It was ridiculous. But instead of moping outside, we talked to the fans. We signed everything and gave our demo cassettes away for free.
We learned a great lesson: treat your opening bands and fans with respect. Today, we still set up a meet-and-greet with our fan club at every event, and we make an effort to treat our opening bands with respect.

I guess he was talking about this same band:

PRP: Have you ever farted in a Tupperware container which contained food, closed the lid fast and left it in the fridge for an unsuspecting victim?

Mike: No, but one of our band members once pooped in a bag, with the intention of throwing the bag on another band we were playing with.

The Union Underground:

http://www.mtv.de/shows/1896-the-ride/staffeln/5390/folgen/64399-104

Edited by lpliveusername