Puzzle #2

lerkid

"The Catalyst" and "A Thousand Suns" could both be song titles, one could be a song title and the other could be the album title, who knows.

Mike said this one would be easier, but I still think there's more to it than that.

An interesting point of observation, the software that LP's giant LED video screens run on at shows is called Catalyst (or at least that's what they were using as of 2004): http://livedesignonline.com/mag/lighting_walk_linkin_park/

Anyway, if I had to make a guess, I'd say that these lyrics are probably from a song that didn't make the cut, and they just decided to use them for this puzzle. I highly doubt they'd be giving away half a song's worth of lyrics before we've even heard a 10-second clip of the first single.

Anyway don't forget Mike has an instrumental by the name Catalyst already.

No he doesn't...he has one called Catharsis.

Guys this is a bit out of topic but.

I am reading an article in Wired Magazine's website about Chester's cyber stalker back in O6. http://www.wired.com/entertainment/music/n...currentPage=all

Now in the article it talks about the progress the investigator took to catch the stalker. As he was analyzing Talinda's e-mail, an IP reappeared. The IP address was for Sandia National Laboratories. It is one of the Department of Energy's three nuclear weapons research facilities. It was created in 1949 by

J. Robert Oppenheimer!!!!!

Isn't that the guy whose quote Mike used for the second message?

Coincidence? I think not.

I'm about 99.9999999% sure it IS a coincidence. It's not like Linkin Park was unaware of who Robert Oppenheimer was before Chester's stalker came along. I also doubt the guys in the band bothered to look up when Sandia opened and who built it, it was probably just "that place Chester's stalker worked at" to them.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mentioned the Wired article in the thread for the last puzzle. I don't think it's relevant information anymore. I think it's important that Mike said "Now, please erase all the stuff you’ve filled your minds with regarding ASCII, double discs, release dates, concepts, Trinities, the Matrix, and FIRIN’ MAH LAZARS!". I think "The Catalyst" works with the whole message to get to something.

I think the problem we had last time was getting to abstract. The answer was in the quote derived from the binary. I think it's best to take an Occam's razor approach. I read far too much Hindu scripture last time just to solve a puzzle.

Edited by letdownagain

I have two guesses as to what this is referring to, its either Time or Death. I'm leaning more towards time, but reading it over and over again, I'm sort of second guessing myself.

I hate when people say ignorant statements and act like Christianity is the only religion. There are tons and tons of religions and lots and lots of people and cultures believe in different Gods. I hate when people try and push there religious views down on others. I'm not saying anybody in this thread said anything like that because I don't want to piss people off, but it's going to suck when the new album is released and it has lyrics like the new puzzle. I'm not an atheist, but I do not believe in 'Christ'. I don't believe in Christianity at all. I do believe in a God, my God, but it's more spiritual than anything.

No he doesn't...he has one called Catharsis.

One shot.

I'm about 99.9999999% sure it IS a coincidence. It's not like Linkin Park was unaware of who Robert Oppenheimer was before Chester's stalker came along. I also doubt the guys in the band bothered to look up when Sandia opened and who built it, it was probably just "that place Chester's stalker worked at" to them.

Two shots, I think you need to reload your Ranger(shotgun).

I mentioned the Wired article in the thread for the last puzzle. I don't think it's relevant information anymore.

And to finish the job, BOOM! head shot!, It was the sniper.

Am dead X,X

Edited by Swards31

I hate when people say ignorant statements and act like Christianity is the only religion. There are tons and tons of religions and lots and lots of people and cultures believe in different Gods. I hate when people try and push there religious views down on others. I'm not saying anybody in this thread said anything like that because I don't want to piss people off, but it's going to suck when the new album is released and it has lyrics like the new puzzle. I'm not an atheist, but I do not believe in 'Christ'. I don't believe in Christianity at all. I do believe in a God, my God, but it's more spiritual than anything.

That's perfectly understandable.

I mostly agree with you, but from what Chester has said in interviews about his religion, I wouldn't be too concerned. I don't think the mention of God is meant to alienate anyone. I think it is what it is in the context of the puzzle. The last on drew from Hinduism, so I don't think the album is going to have any religious agenda.

I think they are releasing all of the track names with this message. A Thousand Suns is probably the first track (an instrumental, because Mike kept saying that word), and The Catalyst could be the track after.

Just a theory

This. I think they are track names too. Those are fucking sweet titles for track names. The Catalyst, that sounds badass.

I think they are releasing all of the track names with this message. A Thousand Suns is probably the first track (an instrumental, because Mike kept saying that word), and The Catalyst could be the track after.

Just a theory

Agree with you, i think with this games they are releasing information about the new album slowly...

if 1.000 suns and The Catalyst are the names of New Songs, is really interesting, really intriguing the style that will have this record...

About the religion of the band members: is their lifes and are free to believe in whatever they want to believe while they are happy...

If the puzzles are going to slowly release the tracklisting for the album, that would be amazing. A Thousand Suns and The Catalyst are both kick ass names. I have a feeling I'm going to love the lyrics or concept of this record, if there is one. It's sounding very epic, just like Meteora had that epic name coming from the Monastaries in Greece, right? I'm Greek so I was excited to find that out long ago. I just feel like the lyrics on this album were worked on a lot harder than previous albums.

lol I'm already getting impatient and I usually hate puzzles

haha so I'm happy it's solved this fast :P

hey man.

you joined like, right after me. that's pretty awesome.

/ontopic CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR NEW SONG :FJKLSDFJLKJAF:SODIFJSDGOJSIG