Puzzle #2

lerkid

Completely Agreed. It's not like they are putting a gun on your head and saying that 'Listen to this track you m**********r!!'.

no that's gitmo

>>;

So the puzzle's said to not be solved, has anyone harassed chester on twitter yet?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been solved already... isn't it?

Didn't Mike say in his post that we weren't quite done with it yet?

mrrrrrgh I'm just retarded

but the link to it was posted on Chester's blog like an hour ago or so, late much or what?

Edited by SomedudeRemix

So the puzzle's said to not be solved, has anyone harassed chester on twitter yet?

It's been solved already... isn't it?

Didn't Mike say in his post that we weren't quite done with it yet?

The puzzle is solved, confirmed by Mike as seen here. It is also on the main post, you could have read that. ;)

I think the new song( when its a Song^^) goes like this

Rap by Mike

God bless us everyone

We're a broken people living under a loaded gun

And it can't be fought

And it can't be outdone

It can't be outmatched

It can't be outrun

Scream by Chester:

No

Singing by Chestewr

And when I close my eyes tonight

To symphonies of blinding light

Rap by Mike

(God bless us everyone/We're a broken

people living under a loaded gun)

Singing by Chester

Oh/Like memories in cold decay

Transmissions echoing away

Far from the world of you and I

Where oceans bleed into the sky.

Thats my belief;-)

what do you think?

There is no proof. That's stupid. The band members are just as human as you and I. They are free to believe in what they want. If they choose to write about it, it is their prerogative. After all, the best musicians write about things that are important to them and hold meaning for them. They can't please everyone as they can only please themselves. They can't push their religious views down on others without "others" permission. And how is writing about God pushing their religious views down on others? It is called perspective. I don't have to believe in Hindu gods to listen to Indian music that talk about the story of their gods or what it means to them. I can understand because i have what i believe in and can relate to the notion. Talking about God in your music if it is what you believe in is not the same as saying Christianity is the only religion. Music is a form of expression.

Seriously, If you don't like a song or a band because they are talking about religion, then you don't have to listen to it. What is annoying is people who act like they are being forced to or have no control over listening to the music.

You totally misunderstood what I said, I didn't word it well, now that I look back on my post. I meant I wish people wouldn't bitch about the theme being religious. I think the lyrics are great and I never said the band members couldn't believe in whatever they wanted. I was basically saying not to judge LP for using this style of writing, that's all. No need to flip out.

I think the new song( when its a Song^^) goes like this

Rap by Mike

God bless us everyone

We're a broken people living under a loaded gun

And it can't be fought

And it can't be outdone

It can't be outmatched

It can't be outrun

Scream by Chester:

No

Singing by Chestewr

And when I close my eyes tonight

To symphonies of blinding light

Rap by Mike

(God bless us everyone/We're a broken

people living under a loaded gun)

Singing by Chester

Oh/Like memories in cold decay

Transmissions echoing away

Far from the world of you and I

Where oceans bleed into the sky.

Thats my belief;-)

what do you think?

I rapped and sang along in my head. Sounded good. :P

wow the whole day i was out, when i come back home at 2AM EST i found a new puzzle, answer and a whole thread of everybody taking shots at what it could be, criticizing the band and more. I must say the LP community is hilarious. The Catalyst eh? Epic title. I'm super impressed with how the band is keeping interest in the community by having everyone unite to solve the puzzles. I do hope an album release date is close. We have been waiting too long for this amirite? :)

If a make a "cover"(dont know if u can call it that since its not out yet) of this song could i tell people here or keep it in the covers section?

I JUST PUT A LINK TO THE VIDEO IN "THE GALLERY" SECTION

Edited by theRAT

I hope the next puzzle is As difficult as the binary one!

It's no good giving us a new puzzle, solving it super quick and then having to wait a few days/week for the next puzzle.

As for 'The Catalyst' and 'A Thousand Suns', I think they're track names as I can't see LP giving us the album title first and then the track names. They've said previously they suck at picking album names but they always nail it in the end!

I just don't see either of the two puzzle answers we've got as possible album titles.

That's my two cents!

P.S. - I'm actually liking 'PUZZLES' as a possible album title now! :0P

Unless it has to do with a release date or something to watch or listen to, pointless. I never understood the newsworthy-ness of a band announcing a track-list or album title. Not a knock on (the amazing) LP live, but it happens everywhere. Unless it's a covers album, who gives a shit? I mean honestly. Especially when my favorite LP tracks still have their working titles, like Faint and Figure.09 :-p

Edited by sublimeric

Unless it has to do with a release date or something to watch or listen to, pointless. I never understood the newsworthy-ness of a band announcing a track-list or album title. Not a knock on (the amazing) LP live, but it happens everywhere. Unless it's a covers album, who gives a shit? I mean honestly. Especially when my favorite LP tracks still have their working titles, like Faint and Figure.09 :-p

To generate hype. An album cover and full tracklist indicate the album is ready to roll, usually.

Unless you're Tool and you announce a fake title and tracklist just to fuck with your entire fanbase.