Puzzle #2

lerkid

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'll be the only one to say this but there's a part of me that hopes these aren't LP lyrics, mostly just because I don't want anything this big to be spoiled before the song or album comes. Kind of sounds like a 2pac song though. My reaction though if it's a song title is that I think the name is awesome.

Edited by LinkinParkHotspur

At first I thought the fact that Mike used the word "instrumental" in the A Thousand Suns post meant nothing, now I'm not so sure. Maybe it's the name of the album opener, and it samples audio footage of Oppenheimer reciting those quotes.

If we're going in the track-list order, starting with the instrumental makes sense with LP, and now this is the second track.

And I love the lyrics, if that's what they are.

I seriously hope to fucking God (no pun intended) that these are lyrics to a new LP song! My God, this is the shit. Way better than Numb. LOL

Kinda reminds you of numb haha. and it's A THE CATALYST. There's an A it seems. after "under A loaded gun"

god bless us every one

we're a broken people living under loaded gun

and it can't be outfought

it can't be outdone

it can't be outmatched

it can't be outrun

no

and when I close my eyes tonight

to symphonies of blinding light

like memories in cold decay

transmissions echoing away

far from the world of you and I

where oceans bleed into the sky

Not a fan of the dumb 'close my eyes tonight' cliche or the religious theme (Chester!)

But the hook - loaded gun can't be outfought, can't be outdone - is stellar

It seems to me that Mike will be rapping these lyrics or atleast most of them.

you never know until you here the song chester could sing these words heck if were lucky MIKE might sing it haha

on second thought the first part does seem like it would be rapped just because of the way that "god bless us.........under loaded gun" interjects into the (im assuming) chorus

Edited by theRAT

'The catalyst' seems like a great name, i'm not sure about 'A the catalyst' LOL.

I'm already dreading the spelling mistakes people will make with 'catalyst' lol

I feel like these titles are soooo different from past song titles. compare a thousand suns and the catalyst to any LP song and it's quite different.