Blackbirds out now!

Nameless

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, sorry but what you just described IS selling out.

"We're the fans and we want you to make the music we want you to make!"

^^^^ If they oblige to that, then they just cut their own nuts off as you might put it. They would be giving up their artistic credibility. Making a song to bang your head to, for the sake of making a song to bang your head to, would make LP a bunch of little carbon-copy, formulaic robots who just throw the same shit out there over and over, as opposed to being true artists.

So yes, you are asking them to sell out.

You are taking what i said out of context. I'm not saying that they should only play empty "carbon copy hard rock songs" i'm saying they should use some of their energy and put it to a song that is hard but yet holds meaning to them. Its not really that much to ask for some variety. That isn't selling out.

And i disagree. Making music solely to please other people besides your selves; whether it be "hardcore fans"(you obviously use this term to refer to people who are Hybrid Theory fans when in essence, its supposed to refer to anyone who loves the band and the music they make passionately)

My definition of the "hardcore fans" are the people who stuck around with them when they were an emerging UNIQUE band and gave them the support they needed to get out to the public.

Where are they now?

Making music that is the EXACT opposite of what got them into the business.

Does their music suck? Hell no. It's great. Some of the most beautiful music I have ever heard...but I don't think it's up to par to their early work at all. I can compare them to any other band now.

What happened to being able to define what each band member was doing? That's what these people are talking about. They want Linkin Park, not ChesterandMikeonaKeyboard.

As far as Hybrid Theory goes, look at the time that album came out. It was a time where people WANTED different. Guess what though? Times changed. Listen to the radio and await Lil Wayne who sounds like Autotune running on Windows 95. That's the popular music of today. You think Linkin Park is going to make a song that sounds outdated when competing with this bullshit? This is selling out, my friend.

Linkin Park has a career called a band. I STILL don't understand why everyone puts this negative connotation on the term "sellout". How do you think they make money off their music? Sitting in a room and making fantastic poetry while combining each band members personal music influences? Oh wait, that was 2000.

Edit:

Maybe I am just getting older and the younger generations definition of music all sounds the same. I recall in the 90's up until the early 00's, every band I heard was pretty original.

Edited by rav0k

The radio is not a reflection of what's popular or what people want to hear.

Airtime is devoted to what's marketed by record label $$$ and not by audience demand.

Lil Wayne running Windows 95 isn't selling any albums :)

As for evolving as a band and changing their style, Linkin Park isn't owned by its followers. They do not have a responsibility to appease hardcore fans. If you don't like the new music, simply move on, LP is betting on someone else taking your place.

Airtime is devoted to what's marketed by record label $$$ and not by audience demand.

As for evolving as a band and changing their style, Linkin Park isn't owned by its followers. They do not have a responsibility to appease hardcore fans. If you don't like the new music, simply move on, LP is betting on someone else taking your place.

The radio has always been about what is popular or what people want to hear. They aren't going to play something that people don't like...they lose listeners by doing that.

As far as Lil Wayne goes, I hope you are right...because I hear Lil Wayne everywhere I go. Maybe the place I live just sucks (MISSOURI AFTER ALL :lol:)

And no, it's not Linkin Park's responsibility to please someone who likes their older style. Facts are facts though. They aren't who they were 10 years ago..but who is? :blink:

Edited by rav0k

Drop Like Get Up

Take It to The Streets

Gonna Rock That Get Up

Bass to The Beats

Bringing Hot That Split Up

Taste to the Beat

Like the Beat Rocks and Your Blog for Me

3 Foot Cut Like the Rush of Blood

Take Bread Off The Streets to The Ones You love

Lay the Sick Ones Down

The Bells Will Ring

Put Pennies on The Eyes

Let The Dead Men Sing "

I Shiver and Shake Through

Warm and Cold I'm Alone

On My Own in Every Mistake

I Dig This Hole Through My

Skin and Bones

It's Harder Starting Over

Than Never To Have

Changed

With Blackbirds Following Me

I'am Digging Out My Grave

They Close in Swallowing Me

The Pain It Comes in Waves

I'm Getting Back What I Gave

I Sweat Through The Sheet as Daylight Breaks

As I Waste Away

It Traps Me Inside Mistakes I Made

That's The Price I Pay

Than Never To Have

Changed

The Pain It Comes in Waves (yeah)

" I Drop to The Floor Like a Ten to Four

Stop, Watching I'm Coughing, I Can't Be More

What I Want, What I Need Over Constant War

Like a Well Full Of Poison, A Rotten Core

The Blood Goes Thin

The Fever Stings

And I Shake From The Hell That The Habits Bring

Lay the Sick Ones Down

The Bells Will Ring

Put Pennies on The Eyes

Let The Dead Men Sing "

Blackbirds Following Me

They Close in Swellowing Me

I'am Getting Back What I Gave

(edited the one from HardBrokeKid2's video)

Edited by linkingabo

How do you download Blackbirds, the 8-Bit Tracks and the video once you beat the game? I've had it beat for days but I can't figure out how to do this.

Go to the "Apps" section of your iTunes library.

Right click on "8 Bit Rebellion"

Select "View in Windows Explorer"

Right click on the 8 bit rebellion App file (ends in .ipa I think)

Select "Open With..."

Choose WinZip or WinRar

From within either program, extract the music video (it's .m4v) and the MP3's to your PC.

How do you download Blackbirds, the 8-Bit Tracks and the video once you beat the game? I've had it beat for days but I can't figure out how to do this.

check BlackChester.de for this info ;)

WTF, we know it's not. It is clearly the 6SS.

mike said so in the UStream chat

Edited by BlackChester

So basically for the hardcore fans he tells us the truth but for the mainstream audience he tells them it's brand new? i suppose that does make sense, but still..

he said..

it's a former MTM Demo.. but they throw it in the thrash in the past.. and now redid it completely

Drop Like Get Up

Take It to The Streets

Gonna Rock That Get Up

Bass to The Beats

Bringing Hot That Split Up

Taste to the Beat

Like the Beat Rocks and Your Blog for Me

3 Foot Cut Like the Rush of Blood

Take Bread Off The Streets to The Ones You love

Lay the Sick Ones Down

The Bells Will Ring

Put Pennies on The Eyes

Let The Dead Men Sing "

I Shiver and Shake Through

Warm and Cold I'm Alone

On My Own in Every Mistake

I Dig This Hole Through My

Skin and Bones

Than Never To Have

Changed

I Sweat Through The Sheet as Daylight Breaks

As I Waste Away

It Traps Me Inside Mistakes I Made

That's The Price I Pay

Than Never To Have

Changed

The Pain It Comes in Waves (yeah)

" I Drop to The Floor Like a Ten to Four

Stop, Watching I'm Coughing, I Can't Be More

What I Want, What I Need Over Constant War

Like a Well Full Of Poison, A Rotten Core

The Blood Goes Thin

The Fever Stings

And I Shake From The Hell That The Habits Bring

Lay the Sick Ones Down

The Bells Will Ring

Put Pennies on The Eyes

Let The Dead Men Sing "

Blackbirds Following Me

They Close in Swellowing Me

(edited the one from HardBrokeKid2's video)

Mike's parts aren't even close.

he said..

it's a former MTM Demo.. but they throw it in the thrash in the past.. and now redid it completely

Listening to the original clip from the MTM DVD, I don't hear anything different - the same guitar part is there, and you can hear Chester singing "...what I gave" at the very end.

I'm starting to think the band isn't aware that there was a clip of this song on the DVD and they're trying to spin it as something entirely new.

is this all we know of coming out of the linkin park camp until the new album, or are there some collaborations in the near future?

Cypress Hill's new album just came out a week ago and has a song produced by/featuring Mike on it (Carry Me Away). Other than that, there's nothing DEFINITE coming up, but there are a couple things that might see the light of day before the new LP album does - Chester is apparently going to be a guest on Travis Barker's solo album, and there was supposed to be an LP-related remix that was submitted for a Kings of Leon remix album, although there really isn't much information about the latter project.

There's also that Uncle Kracker/Joe Hahn song "Vegas Baby" that didn't make Uncle Kracker's last album, but it's anybody's guess when/if that will ever see the light of day.

On topic, for anybody who's interested, I have a guitar tab for Blackbirds done now: http://www.4shared.com/document/w6QGDasd/Blackbirds.html

Mike posted the lyrics:

I shiver and shake the warm air cold

I’m alone on my own

In every mistake I dig this hole

Through my skin and bones

It’s harder starting over

Than never to have changed

With Blackbirds following me

I’m digging out my grave

They close in, swallowing me

The pain, it comes in waves

I’m getting back what I gave

I sweat through the sheet as daylight fades

As I waste away

It traps me inside mistakes I’ve made

That’s the price I pay

It’s harder starting over

Than never to have changed

With Blackbirds following me

I’m digging out my grave

They close in, swallowing me

The pain, it comes in waves

I’m getting back what I gave

I drop to the floor like I did before

Stop watching / I’m coughing / I can’t be more

What I want and what I need are at constant war

Like a well full of poison / a rotten core

The blood goes thin / the fever stings

And I shake from the hell that the habits bring

Let the sick ones down / the bells will ring

Put pennies on the eyes / let the dead men sing

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to add the most “mysterious” part: the intro rap verse. That was a demo / freestyle session that was the template for the bridge. Lyrically, this is what some of my demo rap stuff sounds like–it kinda makes sense, kinda doesn’t…thought it would be a cool way to open up the song

Blackbirds – Lyrics

8 Bit Rebellion

Drop that / get up

Take to the streets / better lock that kid up

Face full of teeth when he hock that spit up

Pacing the beat like a beast

Rocking the block on repeat

Speak from the cut like a rush of blood

Paint red on the sleeves of the ones you love

Lay the sick ones down and the bells will ring

Put pennies on the eyes let the dead men sing

Actually Lil Wayne sells a whole hell lot of records. The stuff you hear on the Radio is not Lil Wayne. lmao. Its just mainstream songs that will make him money. His other stuff is what makes him such a great rapper in this generation.

Radio is mainstream music aka, music that listeners don't have to take time to get the full meaning of the song, they can hear it and it sounds "good and catchy". The same radio that LP plays on... i'm not saying LP sold out, but they certainly became more Mainstream.

Radio is mainstream music aka, music that listeners don't have to take time to get the full meaning of the song, they can hear it and it sounds "good and catchy". The same radio that LP plays on... i'm not saying LP sold out, but they certainly became more Mainstream.

agreed, im all for catchy but it should never be ordinary and "just like everything else"

i need to somehow get a high quality version of BB to let the song grow on me. To the torrents!

*edit after listening to a higher quality version the song is pretty good.

Edited by GraDoN