Blackbirds out now!

Nameless

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the people that are mad over this song not being heavy. Did the clip give you any hope or indication that is was going to be? Because it sure didn't to me.

I didn't think it was going to be heavy, but at the same time, I didn't except such a ballad like that. The snippet we did have made it sounds like it was fast-tempo song. Something whit energy if you see what I mean. And maybe with some cool guitar parts in it.

I like Blackbirds.

I am really diggin' the beats and even the chorus, it is much lighter than in the preview too.

Notice how the beat is gone from the full songs chorus, listen to the preview then start of the chorus at Mikes rap.

Edited by Joseph

Someone put the full Blackbirds video that you get when you beat the game up on YouTube (a bit blurry but I bet that was done on purpose). The song is in HQ audio as well, clearer than the leaked mp3. I'd post the link but I don't wanna get banned lol. Just search for Blackbirds HQ, the vid's title is "Linkin Park ~ Blackbirds HQ (Kinda)".

That is quite awful, really strange why it would be low quality, but I bet the itunes song download wont be far along after the release of the game.

The Blackbirds version officially released inside the game is 128kbps.. *disappointed*

I'm actually pretty impressed with Blackbirds. I was expecting a more classic LP song structure, so it was a really nice surprise to see that it was different. I love Mike's freestyle rap in the intro, and the lyrics are deep. Love it.

The game is actually better than I was expecting to! It's really fun =]

Agreed about being disappointed about the 128k. I was wondering though if the quality is maybe better on the ipad version? If anyone didn't see it, there's an HD version (note the irony here) of the game for the ipad @ 185 MB.

Also, Did anyone else notice A.06 missing in both 8 bit or hi-res?

The Blackbirds version officially released inside the game is 128kbps.. *disappointed*

Eww...so our BEST case scenario with this song (depending on whether or not it ends up on iTunes) gives us 2 options:

1) 128kbps crappy version from 8BR that can't be directly transferred to another device

2) iTunes .m4a slightly less crappy (but still super lossy) version with DRM protection.

This isn't helping the song grow on me. For once, I'm sincerely hoping they decide to release this song as a b-side on a single later on.

This.

Agreed 100%.

You know, I find it really ironic that so many people talk about LP "selling out" with MTM, yet if they were to go back to a nu-metal-ish sound, that would be the absolute EPITOME of selling out: Sacrificing your artistic integrity (making the kind of music you want to make) and making music you don't have any personal connection to just because it's what people want to hear. That's the same thing all the mega-corporate Disney pop stars do.

Golden rule of writing music (as far as I'm concerned): Whatever people want/expect you to do, do something else. If you're good, people will learn to like it.

Eww...so our BEST case scenario with this song (depending on whether or not it ends up on iTunes) gives us 2 options:

1) 128kbps crappy version from 8BR that can't be directly transferred to another device

2) iTunes .m4a slightly less crappy (but still super lossy) version with DRM protection.

This isn't helping the song grow on me. For once, I'm sincerely hoping they decide to release this song as a b-side on a single later on.

You know, I find it really ironic that so many people talk about LP "selling out" with MTM, yet if they were to go back to a nu-metal-ish sound, that would be the absolute EPITOME of selling out: Sacrificing your artistic integrity (making the kind of music you want to make) and making music you don't have any personal connection to just because it's what people want to hear. That's the same thing all the mega-corporate Disney pop stars do.

Golden rule of writing music (as far as I'm concerned): Whatever people want/expect you to do, do something else. If you're good, people will learn to like it.

I was worried about this before the song came out. I wasn't sure whether we would ever get a high quality version, especially those of us who don't have the game. I still believe though that the song will be put on itunes and we can get a 256 Kbps aac like we did with New Divide, etc. And at least there is software that you can use to remove DRM protection (if it has that), even though it can be a pain.

And I've been waiting for someone to finally say that they would have been selling out even more had they made a third album that sounded like the first two. I think the reason people still insist that they sold out with M2M is because people believe that they became more mainstream and that the music was less innovative. And I don't necessarily agree with that. With all this being said, I still wouldn't have minded if they would have made one last album with the same core sound as the first two.