Blackbirds out now!

Nameless

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the song overall, but can see how it didnt make the cut for the album

Agreed. It's good but it wouldn't have flowed with MTM.

Very nice song, I just think the beginning sounds weird.

BTW, will it going to be released along with the 8-bits songs? Or will we only get a good version through rips?

As of now we believe Mike said the only way to get the song is through the game.

When you complete the game won't the song go to your iPod library? If so it's simple to transfer it to the PC...

If it can only be heard, legally, while playing the game, this is nonsense.

EDIT: is it 'grave' or 'brain' Chester sings? LoL

Edited by Trang

Is it really worth cutting a better song because of the flow of the album?

Better song? I think most of MTM is above this. I mean its good, but its a bside.

Saying that. I'm getting so tired of everyone boo hooing the fact that Chester isn't screaming in this song. If he did that in every song it would get old. I like his SINGING voice.

Use your eyes people!!

Anyone who posts direct links to the game or the song will be permabanned from LPLive.

Anyone who spams inside the thread asking for the game or the song will end up having his/her account suspended.

Anyone asking for a song via PM in an indirect way - will get suspended too.

The song has gotten better now with more listens. Still some certain parts that sound mainstream like New Divide. I know it will just get better each time though and hopefully we will have a high quality version soon to judge it even better. In some ways, I'm kind of glad that the song ended up being sixth string song. And even though some people are saying it wouldn't fit in with the rest of M2M (which may be true), it does sound a bit similar to Valentine's Day. Not just the tone of Chester's singing, but the guitar sounds similar also. I already like it better than Valentine's Day though which was my least favorite from M2M.

Weird intro, good song, but like I said in the other thread, LP would need to go heavy again. Not especially in the HT style, but heavy. Come on, 90% of their songs since the MTM-era are mellows...I don't have nothing against soft music, but too much is too much. How will become the live shows if LP continues to put out pop songs like that? Boring, simply boring.

EDit: anyway, I like Blackbirds on its own. Soft LP tracks are generally good, but the problem is they ONLY release soft songs since 2007. Where is variety?

My thoughts exactly...I just hope the new album is heavier. And Brad should start playing something. He plays shit in Blackbirds,like in evey song released after M2M

So...

since the only versions floating around right now are "crappy quality", that leads me to believe you don't unlock an MP3 of the song when you beat the game?

I was planning on purchasing 8BR, but not if I can only listen to "Blackbirds" within the app. I'm sure that LP will eventually double dip and put it for sale, like they did with the Haiti stuff on iTunes and the Road to Revolution bluray.

The song has gotten better now with more listens. Still some certain parts that sound mainstream like New Divide. I know it will just get better each time though and hopefully we will have a high quality version soon to judge it even better. In some ways, I'm kind of glad that the song ended up being sixth string song. And even though some people are saying it wouldn't fit in with the rest of M2M (which may be true), it does sound a bit similar to Valentine's Day. Not just the tone of Chester's singing, but the guitar sounds similar also. I already like it better than Valentine's Day though which was my least favorite from M2M.

I was thinking the same thing..