Blackbirds out now!

Nameless

At this point I want Mike & Chester to quit LP and be a duo. From "Reanimation" onward, nothing any of the other guys have done is on par with Mike's production skills or Chester's vocal ability.

I could be way off in saying that, and maybe it really is a team effort, but from Listening to Chaz sing and seeing Mike produced tracks continue to be great, the other four are either amazing at staying under the radar of modesty or riding the coat tails of sucess.

Flame on. Blackbirds is great though. Someday LP will bust out a real guitar solo or a slap bass line that will shut me up. Their style works for their sound...I just hope it evolves into a real band of killer musicians like you find in Red Hot Chili Peppers, 311, or even their nu-metal father, Limp Bizkit. (some will cry "Korn!" others can scream "deftones!" but only Bizkit sold a million albums in a week)

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flame on. Blackbirds is great though. Someday LP will bust out a real guitar solo or a slap bass line that will shut me up. Their style works for their sound...I just hope it evolves into a real band of killer musicians like you find in Red Hot Chili Peppers, 311, or even their nu-metal father, Limp Bizkit. (some will cry "Korn!" others can scream "deftones!" but only Bizkit sold a million albums in a week)

I don't know if you noticed, but LP is obviously not that kind of band.

Good song, love the verse by Mike and Chester's vocals sound great, very catchy. I like the new direction that the latest LP songs have been going with the strong hip hop beats and keyboards but I must admit that I do miss the heavy guitars. That was a key element to their sound imo but all in all I like anything that LP puts out and will support them in whatever direction that they go.

I'm almost positive the lyrics are about Chester's past drug addiction. It's apparent in so many ways. Mike's verse definitely indicates it, and other lyrics like ''I shiver and shake the warm air cold'' and ''I sweat through the sheet as daylight fades'' both imply it too. A lot of the lyrics from the MTM era are about his addictions. Especially GU, the demo title was 21 Stitches and Chester had to get 21 stitches when he jumped through that window when he was drunk back in 06. Not hard to tell it was about alcohol anyways.

The version I've got is ripped straight from the file, and it's stereo but both channels have exactly the same audio data. When you invert them together all you get is silence. This makes me think it was intentional, as the iPhone only has one speaker... Maybe the iPad version is stereo?

WTF

The version I've got is ripped straight from the file, and it's stereo but both channels have exactly the same audio data. When you invert them together all you get is silence. This makes me think it was intentional, as the iPhone only has one speaker... Maybe the iPad version is stereo?

I guess that does make sense. Someone with an iPad should check that out.

I've also found that the beat and guitar parts are all looped, only the vocals and strings are "live". You can in fact copy and paste the instrumental part over Chester's verse and get something of an acapella, though because of the compression / limiters used on the final mix it isn't perfect.

I've just noticed Blackbirds is in Mono... Strange!

Uhh, no it's not. I used the same vocal removal preset to figure out the guitar parts for this song that I use for any other song, and if you run that preset on a track with no stereo separation between the channels, you're left with nothing but silence. Didn't happen. And it makes no sense for any of the versions to be in mono - the iPhone may only have one speaker, but it has an input for stereo headphones.

Right... It seems the MP3 I had (from LPR) was in mono for whatever reason. I've just checked the actual MP3 contained within the iPad and iPhone versions of the game and they are indeed exactly the same and definitely in stereo.

If anybody wants the best rip available all you need to do is unzip the IPA file and the MP3s are all there for the taking, no encoding etc required :)