NEW LINKIN PARK!

hahninator

They've never been the traditional rock band. I think everyone who's heard Reanimation knows that. I would say they're just about as much hip-hop as they are rock, at least they're earlier stuff was a lot more hip-hop oriented. I've grown to stop categorizing LP anymore because they're just all over the place, what with alternative/metal/pop/rap/hip-hop/electronica/classical/ambient sounds in their music :P

Heh! That's so what I'm going to start calling them. :P

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So finally got the album. Great listen, the new song is awesome, very mellow and slightly beautiful, definitely fits the cause. I'm positive it was a demo for the upcoming album. Love all the other songs too. Never Let Me Down is pretty badass, the Lupe track is sweet, Hoobastank are in top form, and you can't go wrong with Dave Matthews Band. The thing is, I got Heroes by Peter Gabriel. Anybody got the mp3 of Make Tomorrow Today?

They've never been the traditional rock band. I think everyone who's heard Reanimation knows that. I would say they're just about as much hip-hop as they are rock, at least they're earlier stuff was a lot more hip-hop oriented. I've grown to stop categorizing LP anymore because they're just all over the place, what with alternative/metal/pop/rap/hip-hop/electronica/classical/ambient sounds in their music :P

Yeah, that is very true, but my brother who is a big LP fan who has loved their music doesn't like this new song, and if it is the way of their new album then I don' think he is going to like them AS much as he did before.

Also, how are we going to name this - alternative/metal/pop/rap/hip-hop/electronica/classical/ambient?

Maybe call it, ALETOPOPELCASSICALIENT? (A-let-o-pop-el-classical-e-ent)

lol, random.

Here's my view if linkin park could make such a simple yet meaningful and epic song as Not Alone in a matter of 2-3 days...just imagine what kind of music they have made for the new

album with the amount of time they have had? I love this new song, it perfectly fits the album for download to donate and Haiti...trust me there is other stuff on there that didn't even make sense of being a part of the album for download to donate ::cough:: all American rejects. Just be happy you at least got a new song, and that lp was willing enough to make a song for the cause, where many other bands haven't...especially rock bands...lp is probably the only known one to release an unreleased song...yeah I can't think of any other bands except U2.

Thats true, we'll have to wait for the 8-Bit song, see what that is like....

I'm going to throw out a prediction here. I could be totally wrong and look retarded but I'll take the risk. I think the song for the mobile game is going to be heavy. And to be honest, I think it's going to totally destroy any preconceived ideas as to what the new album will sound like. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being much heavier than New Divide (which wasn't that heavy). I won't be surprised at all if it sounds nothing like how the band is describing the new album.

I'm going to throw out a prediction here. I could be totally wrong and look retarded but I'll take the risk. I think the song for the mobile game is going to be heavy. And to be honest, I think it's going to totally destroy any preconceived ideas as to what the new album will sound like. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being much heavier than New Divide (which wasn't that heavy). I won't be surprised at all if it sounds nothing like how the band is describing the new album.

I'd like that.....

I wouldn't mind that at all.

Here's my view if linkin park could make such a simple yet meaningful and epic song as Not Alone in a matter of 2-3 days...just imagine what kind of music they have made for the new

album with the amount of time they have had?

"Not Alone" was an old demo of LP's (very likely from the MTM sessions) that they turned around, scrapped the lyrics for and added new lyrics on.

The song is average, but to me, the most important thing is the help brought to Haiti....I mean...If LP has given us "Not alone" without any goal (just for releasing a new song), I don't know if I would still like it...

Anyway, if this song is an indication of what is to come in the next album (I don't think so, but who know?), I'd be fucking disappointed. This isn't even rock...Not that I'm an hardcore fan "stupidly hoping" for a come back to Nu Metal, but a record with only songs like this would be boring as hell. And it would turn into a complete disaster live (Just imagine the setlist: One Step Closer/ 6-8 sotf songs from new album/ The soft songs from MTM/ Faint....lol)

I like a lot of genres in music (from metal to pop, from rock to hip hop, from blues to electronica...) but too much of a genre is too much. And we already have a pop/alternative album (MTM)...

**** -> Astat

Moron #2...ever listened to Numb, Hit the Floor, or Don't Stay? Apparently not.

What a stupid comment... For wich reason could you decide wich are the worst songs of LP? I know you're a big fan of LP, but who cares? People have different taste in music, and your judgement about those songs is only YOUR judgement.

Linkin Park’s own musical contribution is a track called “Not Alone,” which they recorded during sessions for the band’s 2007 CD Minutes To Midnight, though the vocal tracks were never finished. “When the opportunity to do this started coming together, Mike [shinoda] and Chester [bennington] got back in the studio,” says Phoenix. “I believe they finished the vocals at 3am on Sunday morning.”

Yeah, that is very true, but my brother who is a big LP fan who has loved their music doesn't like this new song, and if it is the way of their new album then I don' think he is going to like them AS much as he did before.

Also, how are we going to name this - alternative/metal/pop/rap/hip-hop/electronica/classical/ambient?

Maybe call it, ALETOPOPELCASSICALIENT? (A-let-o-pop-el-classical-e-ent)

lol, random.

Lol we have to add industrial, punk and even reggae!

Finally some Mr Hahn :P .

This.

And can someone PM me with"Make Tomorrow Today"?

Linkin Park's own musical contribution is a track called "Not Alone," which they recorded during sessions for the band's 2007 CD Minutes To Midnight, though the vocal tracks were never finished. "When the opportunity to do this started coming together, Mike [shinoda] and Chester [bennington] got back in the studio," says Phoenix. "I believe they finished the vocals at 3am on Sunday morning."

source?

Edited by Ash