LPU 9.0 CD Discussion

hahninator

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figure is just nasty. I absolutely love it. I really wish they would have kept this version of the instrumental and bridge. I do like the chorus better in the original though.

It sounds like they took the bridge from this demo and used it for Mike's part in the chorus of Lying from You. "No, no turning back (now)."

A-Six, Across the Line, and Drawing are excellent.

Edited by Preston

Oh yeah, LPU 9. Holy shit.

A-Six I love the version from LPU2 but this one is just too repetetive (<-sp?). Would've definitely made a good full song with vocals. Btw the guitar in the bridge reminds me of Faint's bridge riff.

Faint Mike's verses are pretty cool but not as good as the final version and the guitar on the album is better too. My favorite part of this song is that you can play Chester and sing the chorus. Kind of a karaoke version for singalong haha. :lol:

Sad Nice to hear the first "demo" (rather seed) of By Myself. But nothing really special.

Fear Wow. Melodies = epic. Chorus vocals = epic. Pre-chorus rapping = epic. I wonder if they ever wrote real lyrics for the rapping parts.

Figure.09 Oh yeah, the intro kicks some ass but the bridge is even better. To sum it up in a few simple, yet meaningful words:

Figure.09, How I love you in all shapes and forms.

Stick'N'Move Putting this one on here is kinda pointless, it doesn't really have anything to do with Runaway. Another negative is that the crash cymbals sound distorted because of the recording quality. Why they didn't release a Papercut demo on LPU 9 is something I'll never understand.

Across The Line I can get used to the verses but the chorus is just too poppy with this horrible beat. Although it get's better when the drums start to play, the whole song just ends nowhere and has weak lyrics. A guitar solo right after/during the It's - your - TIME part would've helped this one a LOT.

Drawing "Worst" song on the EP. Just a BTH instrumental with manipulated beats. It's nice that you can hear the strings very well but that's all.

Drum Song The piano is beautiful although it doesn't fit to the song. It was also a pleasant surprise that the harmonies were the highlight of the track and not the solo.

Overall my review sounds too negative but I really like the CD. :D Some epic stuff on there.

Just figured out the guitar in Across the Line in about 15 minutes.

How many guitars (except doubling) are on there? I remember the last time that I counted them it was 4-5 but I'm not sure.

Another thing: Now that LPU9 is just around the corner and LPU8 ends I wanted to say thank you to Adam and the LPUHQ for a year full of epicness. :)

Edited by JanekZech

Not sure if this has been said yet (sorry i dont have time to read through all the pages)....

Anyone notice that the outro LP has been playing for Faint live is in the demo?

No it's not...the live outro is based on the bridge riff, the ending of the demo is a modified version of the chorus. The drum beat at the ending of both is slightly similar, but that's it.

How many guitars (except doubling) are on there? I remember the last time that I counted them it was 4-5 but I'm not sure.

If you include doubling, I counted 8 guitar tracks in the song, 6 if you don't include doubling (for the heavy parts starting with the bridge), and 4 if you combine the palm-muted parts at the end of the second verse and the ones in the following chorus (the chorus has a little distortion but the ending of the verse doesn't). And there's never more than 2 different parts playing at the same time anyway so you can do the whole thing with just 2 guitars and not miss anything.

I think for the next LPU cd, they should add all the tracks In from their live shows, studio versions that is of their Intros and Outros that they add onto the tracks w/ a couple of new studio tracks.

01. OSC (W/ Intro) (Live Studio Version)

02. POA (W/ Intro / Outro (Live Studio Version)

03. Crawling (W/ HHH Intro / Outro (Live Studio Version)

04. BIO (W/ Intro / Out (Live Studio Version)

05. LFY (W/ Intro (Live Studio Version)

06. Faint (W/ Outro (Live Studio Version)

07. New Song

08. New Song

Would be cool imo lol.

If you include doubling, I counted 8 guitar tracks in the song, 6 if you don't include doubling (for the heavy parts starting with the bridge), and 4 if you combine the palm-muted parts at the end of the second verse and the ones in the following chorus (the chorus has a little distortion but the ending of the verse doesn't). And there's never more than 2 different parts playing at the same time anyway so you can do the whole thing with just 2 guitars and not miss anything.

Ah thanks! Btw how is your No Laundry video doing?

The thing people think is "crazy" about the guitars on the Faint demo is the fact that the melody is played with powerchords only, instead of octaves and harmonizing powerchords, it might sound pretty cool and fresh to your ear now, but really, the real guitars in the real version are much much better musically in my opinion.

That goes for all the demos, Figure 09 for instance, it sounds pretty fresh and new right now, but when you think about it, the guitars are much better on the real version. The bridge has much more rythm in the real version, just go back and listen and compare, it's much more developed, much more special on the real version. The tapping riff in the intro is much more badass on the real song, though the guitar sound is more raw on the demos, which is pretty dope.

In my opinion, what you really get out of this is a deep inside look of Linkin Park's working process, and that's really really cool, so I love this LPU CD, it's the very best yet. But in my opinion all the songs are better than the demos, everything else would be stupid as it's demos.

I like Across The Line, very unique track.

The thing people think is "crazy" about the guitars on the Faint demo is the fact that the melody is played with powerchords only, instead of octaves and harmonizing powerchords, it might sound pretty cool and fresh to your ear now, but really, the real guitars in the real version are much much better musically in my opinion.

That goes for all the demos, Figure 09 for instance, it sounds pretty fresh and new right now, but when you think about it, the guitars are much better on the real version. The bridge has much more rythm in the real version, just go back and listen and compare, it's much more developed, much more special on the real version. The tapping riff in the intro is much more badass on the real song, though the guitar sound is more raw on the demos, which is pretty dope.

In my opinion, what you really get out of this is a deep inside look of Linkin Park's working process, and that's really really cool, so I love this LPU CD, it's the very best yet. But in my opinion all the songs are better than the demos, everything else would be stupid as it's demos.

I like Across The Line, very unique track.

While I agree with you on the Faint track, I think the Figure demo, instrumentally, is much more unique and heavier compared to its original version. I do love the intro to the album version, but I think the verses would have been much better with the way they have it on this demo. The bridge is nasty - on both versions.

For the 100th time, it's Morning After acoustic from the Vegas show.

Hope LPU 10 is b-sides. ATL and NRL are fucking sick. Kinda disappoints me though when I hear them and know they didn't make the cut for the CD. I think they are far superior than songs like In Between and Valentine's Day. I can only wonder what the other fully completed MTM songs (there's 2 for MTM) and even Meteora sound like. Hybrid Theory too...I mean you never know. I bet LP, in the vault, has some badass b-sides that would rock our world if we heard. And I'm sure there's bad ones too. I think a full 9-10 song release of those would be sick - it'd just be like a new album almost.

For the 100th time, it's Morning After acoustic from the Vegas show.

Hope LPU 10 is b-sides. ATL and NRL are fucking sick. Kinda disappoints me though when I hear them and know they didn't make the cut for the CD. I think they are far superior than songs like In Between and Valentine's Day. I can only wonder what the other fully completed MTM songs (there's 2 for MTM) and even Meteora sound like. Hybrid Theory too...I mean you never know. I bet LP, in the vault, has some badass b-sides that would rock our world if we heard. And I'm sure there's bad ones too. I think a full 9-10 song release of those would be sick - it'd just be like a new album almost.

That would be sick for the 10th year anniversary, but like many others have said WB is probably just saving them.

so i cant really give a grade or points for demos...cuz they are demos and the final version is usually better and besides LOATR most of the demos im glad didnt stay that way.

A-six - should of got recorded vocals for this song. cuz it would of been awesome lol.

Faint - mikes lyrics arent that good. and the demo guitar part is kinda blah

Sad - its cool. sounds like a demo, i dont know what else to say

Fear - Mike is a beast songwriter. I really like the chorus. Mike wasnt really 50 cent rappin...he was mappin out what he thought a verse should sound like..not sure why everyone is sayin that.

Figure.09 - its kinda heavy but its feels a bit unsure. and i did brads tapping on the final version

Stick And Move - only thing really similar to runaway are the drums lol. almost a totally different song. pretty cool

Across The Line - I like the song. but....doesnt fit M2M. it does build like in pieces and i dunno where it fit on that album. its got a life of its own.

Drawing - dig all the drum and beat stuff joe and mike were tryin out. pretty cool. really rhythmic. the end is kinda hilarious lol. im sure mike and joe knew none of that was makin the cut.

Drum Song - my favorite demo ive heard. its amazing. i like mikes humming and singing on it. glad chester sang the song though. the added guitar solo does so much for this song as well.

everyone already posted that new lpu cd is awesomeness, i agree on this completely. but recently i discovered a funny thing! look closer on the cover art - it has iStockPhoto watermark poorly removed, so you can easily spot it! :)

anyone have good quality pics of real cd packaging?

here's what im talking about

Posted Image

Edited by max

everyone already posted that new lpu cd is awesomeness, i agree on this completely. but recently i discovered a funny thing! look closer on the cover art - it has iStockPhoto watermark poorly removed, so you can easily spot it! :)

anyone have good quality pics of real cd packaging?

here's what im talking about

LPU Cover

LOL this is hilarious, took me a few secs to spot it. Does anybody have a better scan, this is the only one I have been able to find and it looks pretty crappy, quality wise.

Original pic:

http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-141...nes-remix-2.php

But you don't see the tag on the real cover it seems

http://twitpic.com/m9pgq

Faint(Demo 2002) and Figure 0.9(Demo 2002) are the best on the CD! Just heard the songs, I like how faint was put together, lyrics were really different from Meteora's version of the song. Gives a different insight on these songs, in the writing process and the final product of Meteora. It just goes to show you where these songs originated from. I like the Faint demo better than the one on Meteora, just has more kick to it, Mike raps a lot more in this version. I should make a music video to that faint demo someday.

Welcome, I'm diggin that Mike signature you got going there.

Glad everyone is loving the cd, hopefully the lpu continues to put out cd's like this year after year. Make sure to buy one in stores or maybe two because we all know Warner will not put demos on other lpu cd's if it does not sell well.

hey thnx yal nice to meet u too ;)

LOL this is hilarious, took me a few secs to spot it. Does anybody have a better scan, this is the only one I have been able to find and it looks pretty crappy, quality wise.

Original pic:

http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-141...nes-remix-2.php

But you don't see the tag on the real cover it seems

http://twitpic.com/m9pgq

yeah looks like when lpu hq were doing newsletter were cover appeared, they didnt eventually bought image on istockphoto! :D i just found this really funny