LPU9 CD

LPrnw@y

I'll believe it when I see it. I won't ever get excited for another lpu cd after cookies. Technically that crap was unreleased too so, we'll see.

Yea but he said unreleased demos. Though I'll save the "hahaha, told ya you son bitch" until after I see LPU 9 has a demo. lol.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll believe it when I see it. I won't ever get excited for another lpu cd after cookies. Technically that crap was unreleased too so, we'll see.

LPU 8 was better than at least 2, probably 3 of the past CDs, IMO. 3, 5, and 7 all sucked. The only redeeming quality that makes LPU5 questionably better is that it's a far superior mix of the Live 8 show than any of the TV/webcast recordings.

1>2>4>6>8>5>3>7, IMO.

But I'll also believe it when I see it. That's always my attitude with anything this band does.

LPU 8 was better than at least 2, probably 3 of the past CDs, IMO. 3, 5, and 7 all sucked. The only redeeming quality that makes LPU5 questionably better is that it's a far superior mix of the Live 8 show than any of the TV/webcast recordings.

1>2>4>6>8>5>3>7, IMO.

But I'll also believe it when I see it. That's always my attitude with anything this band does.

Yeah I also think that order is about right. Cookies and the live stuff to me never even made the ipod.

I'm really happy and excited about this news but I'm not getting my hopes up at all. Once the CD is in my computer playing unreleased LP demos I will believe it. :P

I actually liked 5.0 because the quality was way better than the online stream rips. I didn't even really mind 3.0, probably because it was released before I joined though. 7.0 was just a mess...I mean, we already had all the SBD rips for the WHOLE TOUR and then they go and pick 10 songs that they claim were the 'best performances' even though they weren't and then also censor the songs...hmm kind of odd but oh well. Clearly, use Given Up from Selma not West Palm Beach. Or use Bleed It Out from a show that the drum solo wasn't fucked up.

LPU 7 and 8 are a combined worthless waste of money. The editing on the LPU 7 CD is terrible compared to the actual SBDs and obviously 90% or more of the people who are going to buy a LPU cd are probably already going to have whatever they want as far as what was available at that time when LP made one of their wisest decisions as a band and made SBDs available.

LPU 8 is beyond a disgrace, I didn't even buy it. The "music" was absolutely jokish and the theme, and all other bullshit ($29 dollars at Best Buy?!) just really turned me off.

However, I had yet another feeling 9 would be a good year, and I don't see how in the world MS could come on here in late August and say something like that and it not be somewhat true. Maybe in the long run 1, maybe 2 demos. Maybe not a whole CD of demos. But MS has confirmed in multiple interviews since New Divide's release that the band wants to release more music that isn't directly involved with a new album and I think this fits this category very, very well.

Now the only thing to discuss is what exactly makes a "demo"?

Are we talking a completely new song like TEH 6TH STRING SONG ZOMG! Or is a demo limited to something like TLTGYA with Mike singing/NRL Chester singing/any other early version of a song we already have.

Edited by Xero21

Now the only thing to discuss is what exactly makes a "demo"?

Are we talking a completely new song like TEH 6TH STRING SONG ZOMG! Or is a demo limited to something like TLTGYA with Mike singing/NRL Chester singing/any other early version of a song we already have.

That's a good question, particularly given the fact that Step Up was labeled as a "demo" on the In the End single release even though it was the same recording from the HTEP, which generally isn't considered a demo recording. LP's definition of "demo" has always seemed pretty broad. I think any type of unreleased studio recording is a possibility.

I have a hunch that we're either getting a New Divide demo or one of the other 3 unused Transformers 2 songs.

Edited by Astat

That's a good question, particularly given the fact that Step Up was labeled as a "demo" on the In the End single release even though it was the same recording from the HTEP, which generally isn't considered a demo recording. LP's definition of "demo" has always seemed pretty broad. I think any type of unreleased studio recording is a possibility.

I have a hunch that we're either getting a New Divide demo or one of the other 3 unused Transformers 2 songs.

I think that's a good guess. I've agreed with your thoughts in the past that Warner has a sort of choke-hold on unreleased LP album music.

Since those songs weren't being made for an album, maybe those are the ones to release.

he's lying. the LPU9 CD is actually 23 different versions of "Crawling" live.

I guess that they must be extremely cut to fit one CD... :P

I saw all his posts in Deeper Catalogue. I'm very glad to see him posting there.

And I really wouldn't be surprised if they released any of the DEMOs from the DEMO CDs we've all already got, including She Couldn't. Maybe somewhere remastered to sound better, etc.