Typhoons, Earthquakes, and Points Of Authority

hahninator

On Mike's blog, he has asked fans for some help, which you can read about here.

"At the shows, I've been doing different verses at the top of our slightly remixed "Points Of Authority." I need some inspiration: what verse should I do tonight? Something different would be nice..."

'Second To None' has only been done once...'Respect 4 Grandma' could be done. Some people think 'Dedicated' and 'Papercut' would be cool - I agree! In Stuttgart a few shows back, LPLive got him to do 'Reading My Eyes' over the outro, which was totally badass. He also did a combination of 'High Voltage' and 'Bloc Party' over the intro at that show too. I think now is a great time for him to switch it up even more - we might get some great verses on our DSPs.

Meanwhile, a typhoon hit Taiwan yesterday and caused record flooding. Guess where it's heading now? China, of course! LP is heading to both areas, although a different part of Taiwan. And recently there was a 7.1 magnitude earthquake near Tokyo (where LP was playing yesterday for Summer Sonic). Looks like the guys are going to be experiencing the bad side of Mother Nature while in Asia! Wish them a safe trip! Hopefully no shows are affected in China.

Japanese setlists I guess will come later? Nothing from Chiba City or Osaka yet....

He's done Step Up I believe twice - West Palm 07 and that club show after Australia 07. It's Goin' Down I think once? Not sure. Those would be cool.

As long as he doesn't do Petrified 1 or 2, Bloc Party, In Stereo 1 or 2, or anything else he used to do all the time, that'd be great. It was a real treat to get High Voltage combined with Bloc Party and a few POA lines on the Stuttgart one and RME on the outro (fuck. yes.). I like how he did APFMH over the end by request as well.

Now is the perfect moment for him to change both the intro and outro nightly. Papercut would be insane, Dedicated, Step Up, High Voltage again, anything. High Road!? I think he is really going to surprise us with the last few shows of 2009.

We don't know what he did in Chiba City or Osaka. There are 5 shows left, so there's a chance to do 5 he has never done before.

I'm thinking QWERTY would be awesome

Yeh I second that. Anything from the HTEP or Xero tape would rock, I mean he could even do the "interlude" in 'And One'

Heck, the list is endlless!

That typhoon in Taiwan is worrying though :mellow:

I said :"Dedicated, Part of me or ENTH E ND would be cool"

LOL Some people hopes that it should be QWERTY rap verse, IMO, WTF??

It would be cool if mike does that but Id rather see QWERTY full band version.

But Dedicated, Part of me or ENTH E Nd would be cool.....

Why cant mike freestyle, but i think freestyl-ing is not his "thing" :/

I said :"Dedicated, Part of me or ENTH E ND would be cool"

LOL Some people hopes that it should be QWERTY rap verse, IMO, WTF??

It would be cool if mike does that but Id rather see QWERTY full band version.

But Dedicated, Part of me or ENTH E Nd would be cool.....

Why cant mike freestyle, but i think freestyl-ing is not his "thing" :/

I'm one of the people that said Qwerty and of course I'd rather see the full version. But that's not happening.

Plus if you rap it to yourself over the intro, it fits well. A song like Papercut doesn't really sound too great, it gets really slow.

damn some of the fans there are posting such bullshit

saying petrified should be over the intro again, ttg over outro... tss

imo:

Intro: Papercut v1

Outro: Part Of Me (does not care which verse, but heavier rapped)

anyway, awesome from mike to do that

Edited by sckofelng

damn some of the fans there are posting such bullshit

saying petrified should be over the intro again, ttg over outro... tss

imo:

Intro: Papercut v1

Outro: Part Of Me (does not care which verse, but heavier rapped)

anyway, awesome from mike to do that

I've posted yesterday on Mike's blog about Papercut v1 over the outro :D

to me it'd perfect once Papercut is out of this setlist ._.