Istanbul Post-Show Discussion

And btw, the old songs that you all want them to play...have you ever thought that THEY may not want to play it? That they get a little tired of playing songs for 6 years?

What in the world? This is ridiculous. The setlist seen tonight is primarily the same shit we have seen for almost 2.5 years now from the MTM cycle. Songs like Points of Authority, Crawling, In The End, even One Step Closer, and hell even songs like Lying From You and Numb.... you would think the band would be overly exhausted of playing those songs since most of those songs and more have dominated the setlists the past oh what 6 years now. More for the HT songs? Songs like By Myself, With You, Figure, while they may not be big time radio hits, they are songs that are easily recognizable to even the casualest of LP fans... is it really too much to ask that they bring in a song like this, even in a rotation mode where they play one of these a different night? Most of these songs we would like back haven't been played on entire tour since way back in the day... PR 04 and beyond. Where in the world do you get them getting tired of playing OLD songs for 6 years? Hell its almost been 6 years since they've played those old tracks.... its time to bring them out?

And what is this nonsense about this not being a full tour? Casual fans? Just because there are casual fans in attendance, they can't bring out one or two tracks from one or two of their first albums? What are they afraid no ones going to know the words? Give me a damn break.... Not all casual fans are 12 year girls who only know What I've Done and Numb..... None of their international tours, outside of maybe the winter 2008 one, are really straight-up tours in the mold of USA tours. There's usually some festival dates, some arena dates, some outdoor dates... what's different about this? While I know all the shows aren't in Europe, this whole tour has gotten fairly big when you add the Asia and Epicenter shows. No reason whatsoever why they couldn't spice the set up - and what a more perfect time to do it than a in-between year where no record is coming out, and the last time three times you toured Europe, you played all the singles and all the MTM crap. Time for something new, but its apparent LP cannot do that.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for something new, but its apparent LP cannot do that.

Something new? Like New Divide? Or Session opening the show? Or yet ANOTHER new intro for a song (Points)?

Are you telling me that this set, while not a complete overhaul of the old sets from last year, has nothing new in it? And DBS is going to play some dates as well? And you say LP isn't doing anything new?

It seems to me that maybe LP did do something new, but since it isn't exactly what you wanted, you complain.

And another thing, why are you complaining about this set when you were not even there? Why would a setlist to a show you are not attending matter and get you so worked up? When you hear someone who went to the show voice dissatisfaction please let me know.

Edited by Xero21

Something new? Like New Divide? Or Session opening the show? Or yet ANOTHER new intro for a song (Points)?

Are you telling me that this set, while not a complete overhaul of the old sets from last year, has nothing new in it? And DBS is going to play some dates as well? And you say LP isn't doing anything new?

It seems to me that maybe LP did do something new, but since it isn't exactly what you wanted, you complain.

And another thing, why are you complaining about this set when you were not even there? Why would a setlist to a show you are not attending matter and get you so worked up? When you hear someone who went to the show voice dissatisfaction please let me know.

Alright. Ever since the MTM cycle started, we all here, whether on LPLive or at the LPU, have made our opinions be known. We are fans. I don't give a shit if I wasn't at the show... that is the whole point of this fucking web site is to let the people WHO DIDN'T go to those shows know what was played.

Secondly, New Divide should have been expected without a doubt. Whether opening a show, in the middle, or, as many predicted, in the encore, there should have been no doubt this song was played even before the Transformers LA show. While it will be nice to hear this in rotation, I simply do not accept that this could be the "major" change to the setlist. Session opening a show... like I said I'm sure its nice to hear if you're at the show but let me also make a damn point... if all you people are saying this bullshit about casual fans and they can only play singles because of casual fans.... you really think all these casual fans at the show are going to know what Session is? If the lights didn't go out, they probably wouldn't even realize the house music stopped. And say what you will, but Session as the intro is a fucking joke. It's a damn instrumental song that is nothing more than a segue on an album....

Also, the DBS stuff. First off. LP is not DBS. DBS is not LP. What don't you understand? Again with all this casual fan BS, you think people who are those shows are going to know who the hell DBS is and why the hell the band behind Chester suddenly changed for a few songs? While it is pleasant to hear they are getting on the ball, I don't understand having DBS in LP's set. I think its LP's way of also saying "here, we can change the sets" without actually doing anything themselves. Much the same way of having SDC open shows and come back out in the encore, and having Chris Cornell come out on Crawling for PR 08, etc. This is a lack of originality from them by simply using guest acts inside their own sets but yet they use it as an excuse that their show is different each night.

Sure, we could be like you, and be content with New Divide, yet another shuffle of the same songs, and OMG, a new intro to Points of Authority. However, I am not content. If there ever was a tour, they should and could play older shit, new shit, have fun with shit, this would be it. They've played the same songs for 2.5 years now, don't you think they could rotate some older stuff in? Maybe once try to appease hard core fans - who are simply asking for a few older songs that were staples in the set a long time ago, but have since been forgotten about - instead of the casual fans? It's really not that hard of a concept, lots of bands do it on a continuous basis with 100x the material LP has.

Alright. Ever since the MTM cycle started, we all here, whether on LPLive or at the LPU, have made our opinions be known. We are fans. I don't give a shit if I wasn't at the show... that is the whole point of this fucking web site is to let the people WHO DIDN'T go to those shows know what was played.

Secondly, New Divide should have been expected without a doubt. Whether opening a show, in the middle, or, as many predicted, in the encore, there should have been no doubt this song was played even before the Transformers LA show. While it will be nice to hear this in rotation, I simply do not accept that this could be the "major" change to the setlist. Session opening a show... like I said I'm sure its nice to hear if you're at the show but let me also make a damn point... if all you people are saying this bullshit about casual fans and they can only play singles because of casual fans.... you really think all these casual fans at the show are going to know what Session is? If the lights didn't go out, they probably wouldn't even realize the house music stopped. And say what you will, but Session as the intro is a fucking joke. It's a damn instrumental song that is nothing more than a segue on an album....

Also, the DBS stuff. First off. LP is not DBS. DBS is not LP. What don't you understand? Again with all this casual fan BS, you think people who are those shows are going to know who the hell DBS is and why the hell the band behind Chester suddenly changed for a few songs? While it is pleasant to hear they are getting on the ball, I don't understand having DBS in LP's set. I think its LP's way of also saying "here, we can change the sets" without actually doing anything themselves. Much the same way of having SDC open shows and come back out in the encore, and having Chris Cornell come out on Crawling for PR 08, etc. This is a lack of originality from them by simply using guest acts inside their own sets but yet they use it as an excuse that their show is different each night.

Sure, we could be like you, and be content with New Divide, yet another shuffle of the same songs, and OMG, a new intro to Points of Authority. However, I am not content. If there ever was a tour, they should and could play older shit, new shit, have fun with shit, this would be it. They've played the same songs for 2.5 years now, don't you think they could rotate some older stuff in? Maybe once try to appease hard core fans - who are simply asking for a few older songs that were staples in the set a long time ago, but have since been forgotten about - instead of the casual fans? It's really not that hard of a concept, lots of bands do it on a continuous basis with 100x the material LP has.

How can you be "content" with a show that you DID NOT EVEN GO TO? The setlist does not make the show good or bad. Here's a shocking fact I bet you didn't know: I don't think setlist is very good either! *gasp!* But why aren't I bitching like everyone else?

Because I didn't go to this show! :o This show might have been epic! Chester might have been on fire. But guess what? I don't know how good or bad the show was because I was not there. You seem to treat setlists like a fucking pack of baseball cards, like "oh man! I wish I would've gotten this one or that one." How the band performed is what makes the show good or bad. I could really care less about the set when its all said and done.

And this is exactly what I was saying. New Divide is new, but that's "to be expected" (and yes it was expected). Session is a new intro, but that doesn't matter because it's a dumb instrumental.

DBS is LP giving us an opportunity to hear some of Chester's solo project early. Of course LP isn't DBS, but who is going to be listening to DBS? LP fans. I'm glad I'll get to hear the songs early. But since these changes aren't what you want, LP is just horrible.

And I want you to answer this. If this set had had With You, By Myself, APFMH, and Figure 0.9, and Chester's voice sounded like shit, and the entire band was sloppy, would you be happier with that or the show that actually happened?

And does it ever occur to you, and maybe you've never played an instrument or been in a band so I don't know how knowledgable you'd be at this, but if LP haven't played those songs for so long, and LP has been in the studio and Chester has been working double time, that maybe this tour would be the worst tour for them to do those songs? Since they haven't touched those songs in almost 6 years as you say? LP has been busy, and they want to put on a good show, so they'll use the songs they have practiced most recently to do so. That makes sense to me.

Edited by Xero21

How can you be "content" with a show that you DID NOT EVEN GO TO? The setlist does not make the show good or bad. Here's a shocking fact I bet you didn't know: I don't think setlist is very good either! *gasp!* But why aren't I bitching like everyone else?

Because I didn't go to this show! :o This show might have been epic! Chester might have been on fire. But guess what? I don't know how good or bad the show was because I was not there. You seem to treat setlists like a fucking pack of baseball cards, like "oh man! I wish I would've gotten this one or that one." How the band performed is what makes the show good or bad. I could really care less about the set when its all said and done.

And this is exactly what I was saying. New Divide is new, but that's "to be expected" (and yes it was expected). Session is a new intro, but that doesn't matter because it's a dumb instrumental.

DBS is LP giving us an opportunity to hear some of Chester's solo project early. Of course LP isn't DBS, but who is going to be listening to DBS? LP fans. I'm glad I'll get to hear the songs early. But since these changes aren't what you want, LP is just horrible.

And I want you to answer this. If this set had had With You, By Myself, APFMH, and Figure 0.9, and Chester's voice sounded like shit, and the entire band was sloppy, would you be happier with that or the show that actually happened?

And does it ever occur to you, and maybe you've never played an instrument or been in a band so I don't know how knowledgable you'd be at this, but if LP haven't played those songs for so long, and LP has been in the studio and Chester has been working double time, that maybe this tour would be the worst tour for them to do those songs? Since they haven't touched those songs in almost 6 years as you say? LP has been busy, and they want to put on a good show, so they'll use the songs they have practiced most recently to do so. That makes sense to me.

I have said nothing about whether the show is good or bad. To be honest, I like the songs played. I love Points of Authority, Lying From You, No More Sorrow. I love all that shit. However, I have seen it and heard it numerous times and its time for a damn change. I don't think anyone hear could disagree with that unless you are just content with having LP plays the same setlists year after year.

Also, that last point... please. They can easily rehearse older songs a week before they play and be ready to play an older song. They are professional musicians. This has nothing to do with Chester's voice.

And obviously I would want a solid show from the band over a bad show with older (or newer, however, you want to look at it) material. What type of question is that? Do you not see I'm simply wanting the band to bring back older songs and just simply do something (more) different than what this setlist brings. This has nothing to do with performance or anything.

I have said nothing about whether the show is good or bad. To be honest, I like the songs played. I love Points of Authority, Lying From You, No More Sorrow. I love all that shit. However, I have seen it and heard it numerous times and its time for a damn change. I don't think anyone hear could disagree with that unless you are just content with having LP plays the same setlists year after year.

Also, that last point... please. They can easily rehearse older songs a week before they play and be ready to play an older song. They are professional musicians. This has nothing to do with Chester's voice.

And obviously I would want a solid show from the band over a bad show with older (or newer, however, you want to look at it) material. What type of question is that? Do you not see I'm simply wanting the band to bring back older songs and just simply do something (more) different than what this setlist brings. This has nothing to do with performance or anything.

I like those songs too. But I was never expecting old songs this cycle, so I didn't have any expectations. I guess that's why I could honestly care less about the setlists. I've always thought that the 2010 tour would have more surprises.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree because honestly if the band performs well then I could care less what songs were played from what album in what order. Seeing some old songs in the set would be great but it doesn't really phase me either way. The only time setlists disappointed me were in 08, as they were pretty much identical to 07. But I got over it.

And we still don't know if this is THE setlist for the summer, as there might be 1 or 2 others, or if it's the planned full-length set (LP apparently went on a bit late.) So I think everyone (including myself) should cool it and wait until a few shows are done with.

I like those songs too. But I was never expecting old songs this cycle, so I didn't have any expectations. I guess that's why I could honestly care less about the setlists. I've always thought that the 2010 tour would have more surprises.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree because honestly if the band performs well then I could care less what songs were played from what album in what order. Seeing some old songs in the set would be great but it doesn't really phase me either way. The only time setlists disappointed me were in 08, as they were pretty much identical to 07. But I got over it.

And we still don't know if this is THE setlist for the summer, as there might be 1 or 2 others, or if it's the planned full-length set (LP apparently went on a bit late.) So I think everyone (including myself) should cool it and wait until a few shows are done with.

So what if LP does great on on set list, and thats all they play? Would you be content? Because some bands don't have different version of sets. they just play one, add or lose a song here, but thats it

How would you feel if LP did play With You, By Myself, and APFMH, and they sounded like complete crap? Would that be a good or a bad show to you?

They can handle those songs for sure, I trust in the band, Chester is not going to use his 'raspy' voice again but it still good.

and if those songs sounded like shit they are just going to stop playing them (this happened with Hit The Floor, Easier To Run, Valentine's Day..)

We will get revamped setlists soon!.. oh well when the new album comes out ^^

today's setlists was pretty good, the encore was great

the feeling of being in the concert with the band you love makes you forget aobut your dream setlist lol

please shut the hell up! LP played these songs because the people who went to this show have probably never seen them played live, even though most of us have. its their band and they want to play the songs they think are best. stfu and be happy

First video out!

Bleed It Out

(The quality sucks a lot I know...)

Cool, sounds like Rob really changed up his drum solo, he kind of stuck to the same structure/fills for most of the MTM touring cycle.

Also, I think that's the first time in quite a while that the bridge hasn't been extended whatsoever. The outro was also a bit different than what was reported, it wasn't technically the same "slow>fast" outro that was used previously, they just sped up during the "normal" extended outro riff and ended the song there, as opposed to playing the regular outro, then starting the "slow>fast" outro afterwards.

Edited by Astat

Cool, sounds like Rob really changed up his drum solo, he kind of stuck to the same structure/fills for most of the MTM touring cycle.

Also, I think that's the first time in quite a while that the bridge hasn't been extended whatsoever. The outro was also a bit different than what was reported, it wasn't technically the same "slow>fast" outro that was used previously, they just sped up during the "normal" extended outro riff and ended the song there, as opposed to playing the regular outro, then starting the "slow>fast" outro afterwards.

word

this BIO might be the best they've ever done, i love it like that!

let's see when footage of the other songs comes out :)