Istanbul Post-Show Discussion

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wut?

The Meet And Greet that the LPUnderground, a fan club of the band Linkin Park, put on, contained two members of the band Linkin Park named Mike Shinoda, an emcee, guitarist, rapper, backing vocalist, vocalist, a keyboard player and more, and Dave "Phoenix" Farrell, the bassist of the band.

The Meet And Greet that the LPUnderground, a fan club of the band Linkin Park, put on, contained two members of the band Linkin Park named Mike Shinoda, an emcee, guitarist, rapper, backing vocalist, vocalist, a keyboard player and more, and Dave "Phoenix" Farrell, the bassist of the band.

I see now. But it was unnecessary to tell me who are mike and phoenix...I am a LP fan for a long time..lol

Jesus H. Christ

Time to rip into this mother.

This is a terrible setlist. Some of y'all obviously are content with seeing and hearing the same shit over and over and over again but as someone who has seen LP 8 times during the MTM cycle and someone who listens to a ton of their live shows (and I mean a TON) this is a very disappointing setlist. I do not understand how LP can parade themselves as wanting to be the "best live act in the world" when they can't even rotate or incorportate older songs in the setlist or even, for the most part, new songs or new segues/intros/outros.

This is a complete joke of the band. Session starting a show is a joke. While I'm sure its a treat to hear if you were there, that song is nothing but an instrumental seque for an album.... has no business opening a show.

I really thought LP would be bringing back some older material like By Myself, With You, and/or Figure. While there is still a lot of shows where that could happen, I have a feeling LP will be like "Oh well for most shows we will have DBS play and of course, we have New Divide, you didn't hear that last year!" LP has guests in THEIR sets so they measly say they change their sets. What a joke.

This setlist is a fucking joke. WHERE IS THE DIFFERENT MATERIAL!

This setlist is a fucking joke. WHERE IS THE DIFFERENT MATERIAL!

The fact that anyone expects different these days is the fucking joke. We've been staring at the same setlists essentially since the MTM promo tour in 2007 and yet people still build up new shows unnecessarily, IMO. Of course they're going to roll out the same old stuff they've been regurgitating for the last couple of years - take a look at the locations and venues they're playing - this ain't a world tour. This is a 'I'm fucking bored of being in the studio and need an outlet' tour.

2 cents>

Why in the hell should we NOT expect anything different? This is not a specific album tour, and if more so, if this is nothing more than a 'get me out of the freaking studio tour', why in the hell shouldn't they spice up the set? The fact that LP thinks they can parade the same songs out and everyone be OK with that is the fucking joke. I don't think anyone here, including me, is asking for much. But c'mon... the same bunch of songs? First 7-8 are always rockin', then it gets slow, then it gets to the ultra big sing-a-long like we have the past 8 years songs, then encore, then bam over. Not even an updated stage.

Edited by Preston

While I'm sure its a treat to hear if you were there,

This is actually a very interesting point.

We're a bunch of fucking fans who are so obsessed with our favorite band (that includes myself and everyone on here) that we sit around and analyze the band's setlist. (I mean this in a good sort of way by the way, I'm proud to be obsessed.)

I think the only people who can judge a setlist worth a shit are the people who, you know, actually WENT TO THE SHOW? That makes sense I think?

Would anyone who was there, if there are any, like to share their thoughts on the show?

Edited by Xero21

hahaha

but on topic, there's a lil toooo much bitching going on. c'mon guys. they're a BAND, and as such, it is their job to play THEIR popular songs and singles. The majority of the people attending the concerts are there to hear singles and stuff they know, not b-sides and older hybrid theory cuts. LP needs to appeal to the people they're playing for, not the super obsessed fans that inhabit these boards. The most they can REALISTICALLY do is throw in a few new things (ie. outros, intros, one or two b-sides, etc.) to appease hardcore fans with something different while still catering to generic concert goers.

so yeah. typical set. of course we'd all like more, but it's what you should expect from a band of their stature playing to such a large audience.

Why in the hell should we NOT expect anything different? This is not a specific album tour, and if more so, if this is nothing more than a 'get me out of the freaking studio tour', why in the hell shouldn't they spice up the set? The fact that LP thinks they can parade the same songs out and everyone be OK with that is the fucking joke. I don't think anyone here, including me, is asking for much. But c'mon... the same bunch of songs? First 7-8 are always rockin', then it gets slow, then it gets to the ultra big sing-a-long like we have the past 8 years songs, then encore, then bam over. Not even an updated stage.

As I just told Mark in IRC:

[22:04] the places they're playing... the fans there don't give a shit what they're playing, they care that they're playing there at all

Again... This is not a full scale tour. Were we expecting brand new stuff other than ND? Nope. So what exactly would have fixed this, or any set for that matter, which would have made everyone happy?

As I just told Mark in IRC:

[22:04] <@[nkramar]> the places they're playing... the fans there don't give a shit what they're playing, they care that they're playing there at all

Again... This is not a full scale tour. Were we expecting brand new stuff other than ND? Nope. So what exactly would have fixed this, or any set for that matter, which would have made everyone happy?

Playing every song they ever made + ones that havent even made yet.

Obviously. Is that too much to ask?

Well i do want to ask linkin park some respect for us, the fans who is been since day one like mike said. I agreed 1000% with preston's post. There's no need to be a worldwide tour just to see lp changing their setlist, is too much add one, two songs, dude play bubbles, a britney cover, just be different, great musicians, big bands are recognized because its unique style and ways to do the things....What's different in lp? give us SBD's? o rly? psh!

Geting rich and famous change bands, lp is headlining that list...

now an example of what is coolness...LB and other bands let ppl to choose their setlist, hi lp can you do that please? answer, hell no.

Well i do want to ask linkin park some respect for us, the fans who is been since day one like mike said. I agreed 1000% with preston's post. There's no need to be a worldwide tour just to see lp changing their setlist, is too much add one, two songs, dude play bubbles, a britney cover, just be different, great musicians, big bands are recognized because its unique style and ways to do the things....What's different in lp? give us SBD's? o rly? psh!

now an example of what is coolness...LB and other bands let ppl to choose their setlist, hi lp can you do that please? answer, hell no.

Play Bubbles? Seriously? If I went to an LP show and they did that I'd be pissed. I know that was just an example but change for the sake of change isn't a good thing. LP could never let fans pick their set because songs like Numb and Somewhere I Belong wouldn't make it, and even though people don't want to admit it, casual fans DO go to shows. They want to hear the songs that got radio time and got them into the band.

How would you feel if LP did play With You, By Myself, and APFMH, and they sounded like complete crap? Would that be a good or a bad show to you?

Getting rich and famous makes a band take on more responsibility because they have more people they need to keep satisfied. Great musicians are recognized on their ability to perform the songs that they do well.

As nkramar said, they are touring places where the fans hardly get to see them live. LP isn't trying to make some kids sitting at their computers happy, they are trying to please the fans in attendence.

I'm assuming you didn't even go to the show, the only reason you know the setlist is because you saw it here.

Edited by Xero21

Oh please. I can't believe how greedy you ppl are. You can even go as far as to say that you even got a tour this year, as they easily could've skipped touring this year to work on the album or let Chester do his thing with DBS.

Was it not enough that you got A BRAND NEW SONG? or that you will get BRAND NEW STUDIO MATERIAL FEATURING CHESTER AND EVERYBODY ELSE IN DBS?

I knew since ND was released that that was most likely the only thing that we're ganna get until DBS. They almost never give us brand new material ever (as in full songs not instrumentals or joke songs and stuff). the only time I can think of was in 2006 with Qwerty and again it was one song.

And btw, the old songs that you all want them to play...have you ever thought that THEY may not want to play it? That they get a little tired of playing songs for 6 years?

Use a little sence ppl. LP has never done anything to meet expectations as high as yours (which you ppl put too much belief in), like asking for material that comes from their own blood, sweat, and tears after weeks holed up in a studio. Do you think they would want to waste something like that on a couple of shows?

Edited by MarathonMan

let's move on you didnt get my point.... good show LP :)

If I didn't get your point I'm not sure what I missed.

You think that the fact that LP is going on a huge tour, but isn't really changing the setlist, isn't showing enough respect to the fans. You think that they only play singles and don't try to play a bunch of old music that the older fans would recognize. You said that money and fame has corrupted the band, though I'm not sure how that has anything to do with a setlist.

And was it a good show? A setlist, for the love of everything, does not make a good or bad show. If Mike sang No Roads Left like shit, would that be awesome or bad? If Chester did By Myself and his voice sounded really weak and off-key, is that good or bad?

We weren't EVEN THERE. Let's wait for videos of HOW they performed the songs before we judge.

so funny, no matter what we say we'll change anything, it's never about what fans want...im looking forward to Athnes show and listen to the show

Some fans want to hear the songs they played though. Some fans are happy that the band even went to their country at all.

And I am also looking forward to being able to hear this show, as well as the next one. And the next one. And...all of them. :mellow:

so funny, no matter what we say we'll change anything, it's never about what fans want...im looking forward to Athnes show and listen to the show

Never what the fans want? Just like I said...greedy. They have always tried to keep the setlists balanced between what they want and what fans want. You ppl keep asking for things they don't want to play, like old stuff. They have played some songs for 9 years, and ou don't think that they don't get tired of playing the same things? These arn't the same teenagers who liked to jump around the stage. They are grown men with families that want to play songs they like to play.

And for new material...YOU ALREADY GOT NEW MATERIAL!!!

EDIT: and I almost forgot, Chester's voice is still not in "as good" shape as in 2004. There are songs, like By Myself, that wear down his stamina.

Edited by MarathonMan