Istanbul Post-Show Discussion

Now that's a cool idea. If LP wants to play all of the singles to satisfy the fans at their big shows, they should do another LPU tour and switch it up. OSC might be the only single they play. Do like a 17-18 song set of non-singles. That'd be sweet!

I think there's a topic for this in the LPU. Its pretty old but being updated all the time. Basically its a list of names of users who want another underground tour. There are A LOT of names.

edit: http://forums.lpunderground.com/showthread...inkin+park+tour

Edited by Numbrocker

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chester quit smoking over a year ago. How is LP just in it for the money just because they didnt play those specific songs?

You have to remember that they made all these songs and don't think about the sets as much as we do. We appreciate certain songs because they are old, but to LP they are just songs they've made.

No I said that because they dont take care with the fans and fans choice...how many people said here, that this show was poor? I cant count this because too many...

After all, may be its the 10th tour with the same setlist?

From Turkey from 18 clips 15 have a video so these are the most popular songs...and what about harcore fans and something heavier like APFMH???

I think there's a topic for this in the LPU. Its pretty old but being updated all the time. Basically its a list of names of users who want another underground tour. There are A LOT of names.

edit: http://forums.lpunderground.com/showthread...inkin+park+tour

They should make a poll to let us choose a 20 songs set and play it at a special LPU show and then record it for DVD and release it for LPU9

how awsome sounds that?

thanks anyway!

POA intro is insane, NMS rocks with that bass (yeah i love it distorted somehow xD)

Chester failed saying hello in turkish, lol he could say it better :P

WID is awesome too, i am currently listening to the rest.

New show note:

Outro had TTG over it!

2:05 into Faint - where the hell did that scream come from? I haven't heard Chester scream with that much power in almost 5 years.

Your talking about the scream at the end of the outro?

Is amazing ;)

Your talking about the scream at the end of the outro?

Is amazing ;)

No, I'm not (although that one was good too). Download the audio, go to the time in the song that I just said it was at. Not hard to understand.

RANDOM THOUGHT TIME!

Now that's a cool idea. If LP wants to play all of the singles to satisfy the fans at their big shows, they should do another LPU tour and switch it up. OSC might be the only single they play. Do like a 17-18 song set of non-singles. That'd be sweet!

This idea gets my "idea of threadia" or for those who aren't speaking my "language"... "this idea is far better than anything else posted thus far after the first post" I prefer the first title though...

I agree with everything Preston said too. (for the most part)

I think LP should appease us fans at shows in general... it was us "hardcore" Linkin Park fans who helped get them to their insane popularity by supporting them from the beginning, so I don't think its too farfetched to switch in one old non-single into their sets. Rotate between With You, By Myself, Forgotten, Runaway, A Place For My Head, Don't Stay, Figure.09, Nobody's Listening, And One, It's Goin Down, Reading My Eyes, and P5hng Me Aw*y. I think this covers good ground, and is a nice treat for us fans. Pretty much impossible from LP, cause like it was mentioned, they do not over-analyze their sets like we do... By the way, Papercut wasn't included in the above list because it should almost always be in their setlists anyway..

I will say that I am happy to see Session in there. I can picture it going into Given Up really well, and its a nice change from Wake. I'll check the new Points intro later, along with all the other Video. Although New Divide was expected, its definitely cool that its live, and it makes me more excited for the DSPs.

It's only the first show though, so there is definitely room for pleasin and appeasin me, hahaha

Overall, I am very happy that LP is touring and bringing us DSPs... I can't wait to get them forever from now, lol. Hearing a new tour in general is exciting, especially after a nice break from touring. All of us crazy fans who listen to nearly every LP show they can get their hands on know that their are always little changed in the way LP does things between touring cycles.

EDIT: Oh snap! I know the quality is bad, but the whole concert's on that one website! I'm listening to this now! :D

Edited by Cyro

playing 17 songs when you have a 2 hour slot is just lazy if you ask me they have well anuff songs to do a 2 hour set there is no way in hell they will take muse for best live band if this is what they will do at sonisphere uk

Maybe they didnt play a "full" set because this was there first show in almost a year? If you take a break from doing something for that long, do you jump full bore back into it?? I know I dont...

you could be right....

in 2007 they started with sets of 17 songs. (like at Bamboozle festival)

in 2008 they started with 21 songs but the last show was in december 2007 so no big gap....