New Divide Release & Other Info!

[AndOne]

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just listened for the first time. Instrumental is cool...I love the intro. There's fucking Phoenix in this shit!!! Some bass in a Linkin Park song!! Awesome.

Vocals are pretty...ehhh. It's very...pop. Bridge is alright. Song is decent. It's very similar to What I've Done, it's almost like What I've Done part 2. No way Chester can nail this live. It's gonna be hard to perform this live in my opinion.

Song is alright.

There's only one guitar part in this song, I'm 99.9% sure that it'll just be Brad on guitar when/if they play it live. There are a TON of keyboards/synths buried in the mix, plus the bass part has some distortion on it, so that's where the "rhythm guitar" type of sound comes from.

FYI the thing at the very beginning and end of the song is synth, not guitar.

...There is not a SHRED of punk in this, or any other Linkin Park, song. And Linkin Park has been a band with pop characteristics since 2000. Get with the times much?

Papercut ending - 2 harmonized vocal parts that are both doubled, plus the rap part = 5 vocal parts

One Step Closer chorus - Chester singing part (doubled), Chester screaming/rapping part (doubled) = 4 vocal parts

With You chorus - Doubled Chester lead vocal part + background harmony + Mike = 4 vocal parts

I think you get the idea.

1. I don't give a fuck what country you're from, learn to speak English at least semi-coherently or don't bother posting your bullshit on an English-speaking website.

2. Mr. Hahn is ALL OVER this song. You're clearly one of those people who thinks that all Joe does is scratch. He will have a TON of stuff to do when they play this one live, there are all kinds of sampled parts, chopped-up guitar stuff in the breakdown, synth loops, etc.

3. MIKE SHINODA IS NOT JUST A RAPPER.

And finally...

"Is not LP" - Who the hell do you think you are, that YOU have the ability to determine what is and is not Linkin Park? Linkin Park music is whatever kind of music Linkin Park wants to make, not what people like you think they should make. If Linkin Park listened to people you, they would be about as popular as fucking Limp Bizkit right now.

Oh my god, ahah I laughed so hard at this..I couldn't agree with you anymore. You have made my day already and its only 9.20am.

Edit: Will someone please explain to me why they think it sounds like What I've Done, part two? It sounds nothing like it. As a drummer the beat is completely different to What I've Done, the fills are different and so is the pattern. Musically - I can't see how it sounds like What I've Done except for very strong and solid lyrics both from Mike and Chester.

Edited by AudioNick

any1 can help me?

i m in Singapore.. -.-

and i cant purchase songs from iTunes.. :(

i willing to pay to get it den illegal ways.. (:

EDIT: thanks, now i got it from _______, its a purchased iTunes "New Divide"! Thanks alot!!!!!!!

Edited by LPLiveYiLong

There's only one guitar part in this song, I'm 99.9% sure that it'll just be Brad on guitar when/if they play it live. There are a TON of keyboards/synths buried in the mix, plus the bass part has some distortion on it, so that's where the "rhythm guitar" type of sound comes from.

Funny, I'm sure I can hear both a distorted guitar playing rythm and a guitar playing octaves.

i have been on youtube and listerned to it is is bloody good and i went to iTunes and it said i cant down load it until the 31.5.09 :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

It sucks i live in the UK so mabey it comes out at differnt times compared to the published times due the fact i livce in the UK

Can anyone enlighten me on this problem

I'm pretty positive its not going to be as challenging as people think to play this song live. C'mon? The vocals will be fairly tough for Chester to nail every night, but I don't see how they can't play this song, because, c'mon, its probably going to be about the only different thing they play on this upcoming Summer jaunt. I could see it opening a show much in the same way WID did last year in Europe.

While I don't have much problem whatsoever hearing the bass in 95% of all other LP songs, I am having a hard time picking up the bass in this track even though all of you are saying its obvious. I know its there, I'm just having a hard time picking it up.

This is definitely WID sequel. Anyone can come and tell me the guitars are different tuning, different chords, blah blah, I know. But, as a music listener, it sounds similar in design and the lyrics are fairly similar. Guitar around the bridge sounds exactly like the rhythm guitar in WID in same part.

I have listened to it a few more times and I do like it. Like I said, it really has a great instrumental part from first to start, its a fast mid-tempo song and I really like that. Chester's vocals/lyrics are very poppy, but they have grown on me a bit more. Still, as always, think they could added more... longer breakdown and add Mike in a place he wouldn't usually come in at in vocals (bridge, outro?).

It's growing on me but I still hate the Top 40 vibe it gives. It's got a lot of JK-DBS influence that is for sure. Much more than old LP and FM.

Thing that bothers me with all these people who are like OMGZ BEST SONG EVER, LOVE THEM LOVE THEM is in all likelihood, if this same song was released by like Panic at the Disco or All-American Rejects, you wouldn't even give it its time of day because of its structure. I am not one to worship LP just because its LP.

Edited by Preston

I'm pretty positive its not going to be as challenging as people think to play this song live. C'mon? The vocals will be fairly tough for Chester to nail every night, but I don't see how they can't play this song, because, c'mon, its probably going to be about the only different thing they play on this upcoming Summer jaunt. I could see it opening a show much in the same way WID did last year in Europe.

While I don't have much problem whatsoever hearing the bass in 95% of all other LP songs, I am having a hard time picking up the bass in this track even though all of you are saying its obvious. I know its there, I'm just having a hard time picking it up.

This is definitely WID sequel. Anyone can come and tell me the guitars are different tuning, different chords, blah blah, I know. But, as a music listener, it sounds similar in design and the lyrics are fairly similar. Guitar around the bridge sounds exactly like the rhythm guitar in WID in same part.

I have listened to it a few more times and I do like it. Like I said, it really has a great instrumental part from first to start, its a fast mid-tempo song and I really like that. Chester's vocals/lyrics are very poppy, but they have grown on me a bit more. Still, as always, think they could added more... longer breakdown and add Mike in a place he wouldn't usually come in at in vocals (bridge, outro?).

It's growing on me but I still hate the Top 40 vibe it gives. It's got a lot of JK-DBS influence that is for sure. Much more than old LP and FM.

Thing that bothers me with all these people who are like OMGZ BEST SONG EVER, LOVE THEM LOVE THEM is in all likelihood, if this same song was released by like Panic at the Disco or All-American Rejects, you wouldn't even give it its time of day because of its structure. I am not one to worship LP just because its LP.

but see the thing wrong with that is those other bands wouldnt be able to create a song of this quality..or any other quality that lp does....plus a lot of there songs sound alike..its not like this is the first time lp has ever had a similar sound to something previous

I don't think they will be able to play it live. Maybe, but I'm not positive.

Chester just said on Twitter that they will definitely be playing it live, so we'll just have to wait and see how they go..

I was gonna ask if Brad will use the ebow live on the intro but then I remembered he just uses the guitar live, lol. Intro is epic. Can't wait to see this shit live in Europe...a new song hell yeah.

Sorry to correct you but an ebow isn't a guitar, its a magnet used to counteract the pickups in the guitar. and yeah like i said you can hear both the bass and two different guitars. Anyone tab this yet.