New Divide Release & Other Info!

[AndOne]

So... 99% of singers shoud play slow songs and stuff like that?

Bleed it out is a throat killer and im sure they will keep doin that kinds of things, remember that there are ways to sing that don't hurt your voice that much, take for example chris cornell he's been doing this for 20 years and with incredible accuracy (except some years, but Chester had a same kind of slump in 2007-2008)

You know what?

Smoking kills your throat and he keeps doing that.

Nobody makes him scream 20 straight seconds, if he somehow knew that he was losing his voice he would stopped doing that, you can also make longer instrumental parts to help the sing recover his breath.

Chester is still here and he's going to stay he's not going anywhere ;) .

Just so you know he quit smoking a little over a year ago.

And I don't think LP isn't making as much heavy music anymore because of Chester's voice. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that the band isn't a bunch of young. angsty kids anymore. They are adults now.

Edited by Xero21

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so you know he quit smoking a little over a year ago.

And I don't think LP isn't making as much heavy music anymore because of Chester's voice. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that the band isn't a bunch of young. angsty kids anymore. They are adults now.

Really? didn't know that... but it still helps my point, now that he doesn't smokes he will be better.

And i don't want teen angst, you can be heavy and be old.

Really? didn't know that... but it still helps my point, now that he doesn't smokes he will be better.

And i don't want teen angst, you can be heavy and be old.

Yeah but LP has always been about making real music. If they aren't into a type of music, they aren't going to make it.

LP will make what they enjoy making. Best way to do it.

3 reasons because i hate The Song....

01. SUCKS

02. SUCKS

03. SUCKS

is not LP, is another pusy pop song, chester not scream, brad lost escence, and mike wheres the rap?, mr. hahn is not hear in this song, phoenix is very single in the bass, really LP lost escence.

Mario.

Dude, they had to make it sound mainstream for a few reasons.

1. The movie is VERY mainstream

2. The song that was on the last movie (What I've done) was very mainstream

Also, Mike is working on the other songs if you havn't noticed, so he probably didn't get to work on this as much as the rest of the group. Mr. Hahn probably helped with the synths and mixing. Phoenix's bass was pretty good on this song. And Brad had to make the guitars sound similar to WID so that it'll have the same effect on this movie as WID did to the first movie.

And one more thing that I keep having to tell ppls a million times is that THIS SONG IS FOR THE MOVIE AND WILL HAVE NEXT TO NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT THE NEW ALBUM WILL SOUND LIKE UNLESS THEY DECIDE TO MAKE IT LIKE THAT.

Edited by MarathonMan

Also, Mike is working on the other songs if you havn't noticed, so he probably didn't get to work on this as much as the rest of the group.

I don't know if you listened to the KROQ interview, but Mike honestly seemed sort of embarassed/meh about them playing the song twice in a row.

He might have just been being modest/kidding but it sort of sounded like he himself wasn't too proud of the song. Just something I noticed, no idea if it's true.

Is it just me or does this song seem to have a special something about it? Can't put my finger on it. I'm really loving the new song :)

That's the part of me that loves it.

If someone were to ask me what genre this song is, half of me wants to say "pop" and the other half wants to say "epic."

Now, I really look forward to see the video.

This song is really good. I love it!!!!!!!!!

I also want to hear they play it live! too bad they don't tour in US this year.

Makes me want to buy a flight ticket to go home to see them this summer.

For whatever reason (I have since rescinded this opinion) I was disappointed with What I've Done.

This?

Not so much.

It's awesome.

Now let me get this straight, it is NOT gonna be on the album, correct?

For whatever reason (I have since rescinded this opinion) I was disappointed with What I've Done.

This?

Not so much.

It's awesome.

Now let me get this straight, it is NOT gonna be on the album, correct?

Correct. This song will NOT be on the album.

can anyone else hear a slight 2nd guitar. Not the bass i hear that and the 1st guitar but i hear a second one too. so im trying to figure out will Mike do Synths and play guitar or will chester play the 2nd guitar and Mike will do synths?

There's only one guitar part in this song, I'm 99.9% sure that it'll just be Brad on guitar when/if they play it live. There are a TON of keyboards/synths buried in the mix, plus the bass part has some distortion on it, so that's where the "rhythm guitar" type of sound comes from.

FYI the thing at the very beginning and end of the song is synth, not guitar.

srry i haven't posted in a while (wedding). the song is great and all...but...it kinda sucks more than it's great... WTF DID THE OLD LP GO!!!!!!!!!!!! Pop Punk is LP's new sound we might need to get used to this...(unfortunately...........)

...There is not a SHRED of punk in this, or any other Linkin Park, song. And Linkin Park has been a band with pop characteristics since 2000. Get with the times much?

could you please name a song from Hybrid Theory that used tripled vocals? i would also ask you to write down those "other effects" you mentioned.

thanks!

Papercut ending - 2 harmonized vocal parts that are both doubled, plus the rap part = 5 vocal parts

One Step Closer chorus - Chester singing part (doubled), Chester screaming/rapping part (doubled) = 4 vocal parts

With You chorus - Doubled Chester lead vocal part + background harmony + Mike = 4 vocal parts

I think you get the idea.

3 reasons because i hate The Song....

01. SUCKS

02. SUCKS

03. SUCKS

is not LP, is another pusy pop song, chester not scream, brad lost escence, and mike wheres the rap?, mr. hahn is not hear in this song, phoenix is very single in the bass, really LP lost escence.

Mario.

1. I don't give a fuck what country you're from, learn to speak English at least semi-coherently or don't bother posting your bullshit on an English-speaking website.

2. Mr. Hahn is ALL OVER this song. You're clearly one of those people who thinks that all Joe does is scratch. He will have a TON of stuff to do when they play this one live, there are all kinds of sampled parts, chopped-up guitar stuff in the breakdown, synth loops, etc.

3. MIKE SHINODA IS NOT JUST A RAPPER.

And finally...

"Is not LP" - Who the hell do you think you are, that YOU have the ability to determine what is and is not Linkin Park? Linkin Park music is whatever kind of music Linkin Park wants to make, not what people like you think they should make. If Linkin Park listened to people you, they would be about as popular as fucking Limp Bizkit right now.

It's been a while since I've posted...

I listened to it once, and it was stuck in my head. :lol: Some of my songs are starting to have that appeal, and I credit LP hugely as an influence. As for the song itself, I really like the lyrics, Chester's vocals, but especially Mike's vocal harmonies, imo they add a whole new dimension to the song. The NIN-style bridge was pretty cool too. I can't give it a spot right away in terms of how well it fares on my LP-song scale (after all, Numb, my favourite, was released 6 years ago :o). It is nevertheless a quality song.

did someone recorded kevin and bean????

i felt asleep waiting for them XD

Dunno if this has been posted yet but yeah I managed to record it partially...since I got bored while they play commercial so I didn't actually recorded the whole thing...but just enjoy what I got for now until you find the full thing. :rolleyes:

Two parts: (i stopped recording while they play commercial that's why)

http://www.mediafire.com/?eht1nmijjom

http://www.mediafire.com/?h3yzt1lmytz

Btw...this new song kick-ass!!! can't wait for the new album hahaa...

1. I don't give a fuck what country you're from, learn to speak English at least semi-coherently or don't bother posting your bullshit on an English-speaking website.

2. Mr. Hahn is ALL OVER this song. You're clearly one of those people who thinks that all Joe does is scratch. He will have a TON of stuff to do when they play this one live, there are all kinds of sampled parts, chopped-up guitar stuff in the breakdown, synth loops, etc.

And finally...

"Is not LP" - Who the hell do you think you are, that YOU have the ability to determine what is and is not Linkin Park? Linkin Park music is whatever kind of music Linkin Park wants to make, not what people like you think they should make. If Linkin Park listened to people you, they would be about as popular as fucking Limp Bizkit right now.

I laughed so hard, I shit myself.... twice. :lol:

I don't know if you listened to the KROQ interview, but Mike honestly seemed sort of embarassed/meh about them playing the song twice in a row.

He might have just been being modest/kidding but it sort of sounded like he himself wasn't too proud of the song. Just something I noticed, no idea if it's true.

Thats the way Linkin Park is :D

they do things like that on interviews

they did it so they would play the song twice,

and i was hoping for another time.

Plus this a 2 month song,

they didnt have time to get attach to it, specially mike.

But notice that they were stuck writing a song for like what? 4 months

and mike said they were still working on it.

But remember, thats the way linkin park is, in the inside: the are kids who love to play music and make thir fans laugh

Edited by SergSlim

There's only one guitar part in this song, I'm 99.9% sure that it'll just be Brad on guitar when/if they play it live. There are a TON of keyboards/synths buried in the mix, plus the bass part has some distortion on it, so that's where the "rhythm guitar" type of sound comes from.

FYI the thing at the very beginning and end of the song is synth, not guitar.

...There is not a SHRED of punk in this, or any other Linkin Park, song. And Linkin Park has been a band with pop characteristics since 2000. Get with the times much?

Papercut ending - 2 harmonized vocal parts that are both doubled, plus the rap part = 5 vocal parts

One Step Closer chorus - Chester singing part (doubled), Chester screaming/rapping part (doubled) = 4 vocal parts

With You chorus - Doubled Chester lead vocal part + background harmony + Mike = 4 vocal parts

I think you get the idea.

And finally...

I don't think flaming this guy will get anybody anywhere. I agree with you about everything else though.