New Divide Release & Other Info!

[AndOne]

Well, here goes.

Instrumentally, the song owns. No, as usual, its nothing that's going to blow anyone away as far as skill goes but it has a rockin' beat to it and the drums are quite different. Love the beat in the intro, which is excellent. The breakdown is fantastic but wayyy to short. I felt like it was really going to get into something big but it didn't - however, it is still a nice and unusual LP piece.

However, the vocals are terrible. Chester sounds like he is singing from a computer and I don't care how many other songs are layered, all that BS. This song actually sounds like the vocals are much louder than the other instruments. I understand Joe has a lot going on in the song, but I am also fairly disappointed there are not much scratching... he is a DJ anyways. The fact of Mike becoming a "2nd wheel" type of member in the band has taken its time to get used to, but its where he is with the band with these types of songs. Yeah, we all know his role is big, probably the biggest of any member, but in the real actuality of the song, he is missing a lot and that is also disappointing.

As of right now, only fully listened to the song once and I like it. It's not great, and hugely mainstream. Extremely poppy. All obvious stuff. If the vocals were not so loud and fake-sounding, and Chester's melody not so poppy, the song would be great to me.

I am 50-50 on the future of LP's sound if this, as a whole, is the direction they want to continue going. I feel a lot of uniqueness has left LP since 2006, and New Divide continues that.

*Just saw the official time of the song at 4:29 and that is fairly impressive as well for a mid-tempo LP song. I thought for sure this would be a typical 3:15-20 job. Also, fairly, fairly encouraging to hear Shinoda say they are tired of 2-4 years between records even though, in the end, it appears it will be around 3 years between MTM and this new record.

Edited by Preston

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lp.com are not playing the whole song now just a clip

They let many get a free preview of the full track (and subsequently download it). Now that it's up on iTunes, I think they've got a right to start selling it. Just be glad a lot of people probably got it for free when they did. :P

Pretty cool song. I'm at school right now, and I had to hear it on pretty low volume at the computer lab with my headphones on because everyone is working on essays/studying for finals lol It's been a while since a song gave me goosebumps, that breakdown/acapella of the chorus with the guitars coming back towards the end was just a musical orgasm. Reminded me a tiny bit of faint after the bridge, but was completely new and fresh for LP. I love how they keep experimenting and establishing a SOLID new sound that will define the band for years to come. I'm not going to lie when I say I miss the Hybrid Theory sound, but another Meteora-like album would have made me lost interest as I grow older and out of that genre of music. I just want something different at this point, and LP is continuing to deliver. Another classic album from these guys with a "new sound" will solidify there legacy as one of the great bands of contemporary/alternative rock.

side note: To the poster above me, is that your picture on ur DP? You're pretty :) e-flirting= fail lol

Edited by thesungoesdown

Pretty cool song. I'm at school right now, and I had to hear it on pretty low volume at the computer lab with my headphones on because everyone is working on essays/studying for finals lol It's been a while since a song gave me goosebumps, that breakdown/acapella of the chorus with the guitars coming back towards the end was just a musical orgasm. Reminded me a tiny bit of faint after the bridge, but was completely new and fresh for LP. I love how they keep experimenting and establishing a SOLID new sound that will define the band for years to come. I'm not going to lie when I say I miss the Hybrid Theory sound, but another Meteora-like album would have made me lost interest as I grow older and out of that genre of music. I just want something different at this point, and LP is continuing to deliver. Another classic album from these guys with a "new sound" will solidify there legacy as one of the great bands of contemporary/alternative rock.

side note: To the poster above me, is that your picture on ur DP? You're pretty :) e-flirting= fail lol

Awww, LPLOVE <3

yes that's me. thanks :lol:

im glad you liked the song

Well, the song is good i really liked it, like mike mentioned it most of us are so 2001-2004! songs like F.09, By Myself or Forgotten style wont come back... we have to get over it... anyway I liked it, it's Linkin Park, it's impossible to hate LP since i got them into my veins. but this song wont sound very well live!

Im am loving this song. I haven't stopped playing it since i got it.

All i want now Is Tabs so i can learn it, Live Video (eg something like AOL or a proshot performance) so i can watch LP own the song and The Music Video :)

I'm not asking for much am I? haha.

Well, here goes.

Instrumentally, the song owns. No, as usual, its nothing that's going to blow anyone away as far as skill goes but it has a rockin' beat to it and the drums are quite different. Love the beat in the intro, which is excellent. The breakdown is fantastic but wayyy to short. I felt like it was really going to get into something big but it didn't - however, it is still a nice and unusual LP piece.

However, the vocals are terrible. Chester sounds like he is singing from a computer and I don't care how many other songs are layered, all that BS. This song actually sounds like the vocals are much louder than the other instruments. I understand Joe has a lot going on in the song, but I am also fairly disappointed there are not much scratching... he is a DJ anyways. The fact of Mike becoming a "2nd wheel" type of member in the band has taken its time to get used to, but its where he is with the band with these types of songs. Yeah, we all know his role is big, probably the biggest of any member, but in the real actuality of the song, he is missing a lot and that is also disappointing.

As of right now, only fully listened to the song once and I like it. It's not great, and hugely mainstream. Extremely poppy. All obvious stuff. If the vocals were not so loud and fake-sounding, and Chester's melody not so poppy, the song would be great to me.

I am 50-50 on the future of LP's sound if this, as a whole, is the direction they want to continue going. I feel a lot of uniqueness has left LP since 2006, and New Divide continues that.

*Just saw the official time of the song at 4:29 and that is fairly impressive as well for a mid-tempo LP song. I thought for sure this would be a typical 3:15-20 job. Also, fairly, fairly encouraging to hear Shinoda say they are tired of 2-4 years between records even though, in the end, it appears it will be around 3 years between MTM and this new record.

Really great post man.

Couldn't be more agree with this, it really sounds like that, while 4:30 is uncharted territory for them is still a really familiar song of them ( i think that in studio albums without counting reanimation the only song larger than this one is TLGYA)

Right now i feel kind of stuck, this type of sound has potential but i don't know if this is the sound they are taking or this was just a transformers-exclusive.

Overall this song has one of the greatest beats ever made by them but it's just that.

While my dream album would have been 12 "Breaking the habit" kind of thing, this isn't bad if they make it a little less commercial.

there it is. a good lp song nonetheless. i always hate how blindfolded the community reviews new stuff, buts that a fanproblem i guess. personally found myself insulted by being called an idiot indirectly a few pages ago (because im critizising) but let's rather bash someone who does not have amazing english abilities and support that bashing by laughing, high school anyone?

however. on the good side, this song feels pretty dynamic for a midtempo song. the WID-feel is not that present anymore judging the whole song, even though i really had to laugh at the part 3:18-3:34 because you know... WID has almost the same sing along part but okok, don't get over me again for mentioning that like i praised satan.

the breakdown itself is pretty cool, but it feels TOTALLY out of context. im eager to know who of you will still remain with their "one of their best song" opinions in a year thinking about much better songs by them from ALL their previous albums.

whoever feels the need to flame me just because i didn't fall for hyperventilation is pretty much pathetic. it's an opinion like all of yours and it's my right to state it, like it or not. arguing about it is one thing, but flaming is another one. thanks.

if anyone is interessted in other statements about ND that aren't directly from fans (and not haters either): http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1067232 but warning, there are WID comparisons aswell as negative feedback. just FYI ;)

edit: oh, and for all the guitar addicts over here: im almost sure this song brings you to sleep ;)

Edited by Trumtram

no i dont think its their best song ever.

it sounds like WID pt. 2 to me..but hey it's their new sound than...

Okay Im getting older too so...

but im not dissapointed

The lyrics:

Amazing

Perfekt

Wonderful

im not dissapointed