Linkin Park releasing "Friendly Fire"

DCrecelius

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, RYG4R said:

What if it's the studio version of 'LOOKING FOR AN ANSWER'?

Didn’t Mike shelve that like 6 years ago?

Also, I feel it’s pretty obvious track 14 will be (new song) - be that Friendly Fire or whatever

1 hour ago, linkindan said:

Didn’t Mike shelve that like 6 years ago?

Also, I feel it’s pretty obvious track 14 will be (new song) - be that Friendly Fire or whatever

im 100% sure it's new/unreleased song. Greatest Hits without ONE new song gonna be boring, common. Eg: Eminem's Curtain Call 1 & 2, both has new track in the album.

5 hours ago, NJPLP said:

To be honest, I don't know. I don't know if we missed a song, or if it's something else.

I think track 14 is Friendly Fire.

5 hours ago, Stranger said:

This Spotify playlist shows the running time for the album will be 61 minutes so far.

A little more because of the new song. I'm starting to think that will be it, only 19 tracks. Seems to me they moved on to the next phase of the promotional campaign. First phase was revealing the songs by reposting them and the second stage is the tracklist order with the green dots on YouTube and the numbers on Spotify. The third phase will probably be some teasers of the new single next week.

Alright, I threw together a Playlist and slotted Pictureboard into Song 14 solely because it's the biggest mystery song we've ever had, makes sense to put SOMETHING there to get a better track-listing idea.

So the album should be roughly an hour and 5 minutes if this is a general idea, but that's only if you don't factor in any extra tracks. You'd think they'd include even one THP song, Final Masquerade, Until It's Gone (without the weird baby sound) or GATS since I know they at least enjoy THOSE tracks.

I could see them doing 5 more tracks to bring it to 24. Less odd than 19 and more or their number of tracks in a setlist. 

3 minutes ago, SardonicallyParanoid said:

Alright, I threw together a Playlist and slotted Pictureboard into Song 14 solely because it's the biggest mystery song we've ever had, makes sense to put SOMETHING there to get a better track-listing idea.

So the album should be roughly an hour and 5 minutes if this is a general idea, but that's only if you don't factor in any extra tracks. You'd think they'd include even one THP song, Final Masquerade, Until It's Gone (without the weird baby sound) or GATS since I know they at least enjoy THOSE tracks.

I could see them doing 5 more tracks to bring it to 24. Less odd than 19 and more or their number of tracks in a setlist. 

So basically you made your own Greatest Hits album. LP doing an IKEA album, basically gave you the running order and you built it yourself on your streaming service!

This is why a GH album is absolutely ridiculous, I already have a this album saved as my personal playlist. 

25 minutes ago, Kirstie said:

So basically you made your own Greatest Hits album. LP doing an IKEA album, basically gave you the running order and you built it yourself on your streaming service!

This is why a GH album is absolutely ridiculous, I already have a this album saved as my personal playlist. 

I think the same. Even Spotify create already done playlists with greatest and most popular songs. Compilation are rarely made by the artists and I don't get the sense of this move if it will be confirmed.

3 hours ago, Stranger said:

probably some of the tracks in the playlist is the single version (eg: LOATR). if only 20 tracks selected, could end up just a 1-disc. what if they made CD/DVD contents with both CD for audio and DVD for music video collections. LP never had proper DVD for all of the music videos.

SOTD would have been more interesting, the radio edit cuts the entire transition to WID, 

56 minutes ago, Kirstie said:

Yes, this is true, HOWEVER, knowing LP we'll get a CD/Vinyl setup alongside it. In that respect, I don't mind it whatsoever.

43 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

Greatest Hits albums don't make a lot of sense in this current era of music, but if it's a way to get an unreleased song, I'm down.

Being that they'll almost 100% have a vinyl release with it, that's what interests me most since it'll allow me to pop it on the player and just have a stream of hits. If it were just digital/cd, I'd grab the CD to have physical copy of the new song and shelve it and add the new song to current playlist and be done with it.

Not the most interesting release, but the new song likelihood and the implications this release may have on the future of LP make it intriguing to me.

2 hours ago, Kirstie said:

This is why a GH album is absolutely ridiculous

2 hours ago, DavideLP said:

Compilation are rarely made by the artists and I don't get the sense of this move if it will be confirmed.

2 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

Greatest Hits albums don't make a lot of sense in this current era of music, but if it's a way to get an unreleased song, I'm down.

frankly speaking, Greatest Hits/compilation of hits songs still relevant in this current era. example of GH album that released 2010's onwards: Eminem's Curtain Call 2 (2022) and Green Day's Greatest Hits: Gods Favourite Band (2017) doing well on chart and sales. Also, it's like a pathway to get attention from new fans to discover the band.  for us, it's an advantage because streaming platform exists. For me, personally, I will buy the CD/vinyl for collection eventhough I already owned their entire album.

For collectors: they gonna buy this as collection

For mass audience/casual fans: they gonna enjoy this on streaming platform/buy digital album

For new fans: this album gonna be the introduction to LP. 

Just now, Stranger said:

looks like there's a number at the end of BTH clip.

GGelvdRbQAAmYb8?format=jpg&name=medium

And it’s a different font. Maybe hinting at 1 more song to be revealed? Love the suspense 

11 hours ago, RYG4R said:

What if it's the studio version of 'LOOKING FOR AN ANSWER'?

This would be a great LPU CD release one day, since it's a Mike demo without the full band at this point but there is a studio version that exists. Would love to hear it. Just title it "Looking for an Answer (Demo)" and put it out. 

11 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

This would be a great LPU CD release one day, since it's a Mike demo without the full band at this point but there is a studio version that exists. Would love to hear it. Just title it "Looking for an Answer (Demo)" and put it out. 

"...Plus I played the version for the guys and the guys were like, so uncomfortable. It was not a good vibe. So, yeah, it was just a... it gives us bad vibes."

Mike's version with a lot of electronic sounds really off.

It's one of those songs that need to stay minimal, piano, strings, acoustic guitar and thats it.

Maybe an epic guitar solo with tons of emotion.

They could do something, i need a full version of it.

12 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

The supposedly new song being #14 on the tracklist seems so off. Right in the middle, between two randon songs. Doesn't fit even with the start/end of a vinyl side.

Odd choice.

What if it's over 19 songs and 14 is something else?