BeardyWilderness

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/26/2023 at 11:14 AM, Hybrider said:

I am still hoping we will get Lost [2002 Mix] in some form. I know we have 14 unreleased tracks, but this moment is unique. It doesn't happen often and I want to get the most out of it as possible.

I'm confused, how do we know about this "Lost [2002 Mix]" and what makes us think it's different from just "Lost"? 

The 2002 mix would be the demo as they found it during this process.

The thinking at first was that we would get that demo, plus a remaster of sorts for that demo, touched up for release as a single in 2023.

The 2002 mix was listed in the original “leak” of the track listings for M20.

20 minutes ago, Justin said:

The 2002 mix would be the demo as they found it during this process.

The thinking at first was that we would get that demo, plus a remaster of sorts for that demo, touched up for release as a single in 2023.

The 2002 mix was listed in the original “leak” of the track listings for M20.

Was the 2002 mix the only difference from that leak to what we got from Warner?

7 hours ago, mario8988 said:

LP%20M20%20Super%20Dlx.png?sw=550&sh=550

If this image does in fact hold the full contents of the M20 box, I admit to being just a little bit disappointed that there doesn't appear to be a cool physical trinket like the laminate and cassette from HT20. Even so, a big-ass print of the Meteora wall alongside the three lithos is a great addition, and the 20th anniversary art is all gorgeous. Really emphasizes the contrast between the beige cover and blue...rest of the album's artwork. Makes me wonder why the cover ended up being beige instead of blue, but I've been thinking about that for like 17 years now so I guess it doesn't actually matter that much.

On 1/27/2023 at 2:31 AM, Wilderness said:

To mark the 20th anniversary of this landmark release, it is being re-issued in multiple formats: Limited Edition Super Deluxe Box Set, 4 LP Deluxe Vinyl Box, 3-disc

Deluxe CD and digital: all containing a wealth of previously unreleased or rare tracks. Among the unreleased tracks are several gems unknown to Linkin Park fans, including "Lost" - a fully realized track from the 2002 album recording sessions featuring stunning vocals from Chester Bennington.

Ok, so here's something I noticed that I would like to point out. Here's an exerpt of Chester talking about the album from the Meteora linkinpedia page:

https://linkinpedia.com/index.php?title=Meteora

According to a studio report from Mike, in total, the band worked on 15 full songs for the album, with 12 of them making the final cut.[8] Chester added, "We recorded 15 tracks total and there's 12 on the record. We were trying to figure out which ones would work together. An album is a package. It's a collection of songs that should have a common tie and there were a few songs that kinda stuck out. It wasn't that they were bad in any way. I'm sure any band would love to have those songs on a record, they're really good songs, but they stuck out like a (sore) thumb. We kind of make sure that we really have a full package that you would want to listen to from beginning to end, without wanting to skip over anything."

And if we look at the lost demos CD we have at least 3 songs at the start of the album (Lost, Fighting Myself, and More The Victim) that are all titled like like they have lyrics and are the would-be final titles of the songs, as if they are the three finished songs that Chester referenced in the above paragraph (he said 15 songs were recorded and only 12 made the album).

So we might not just be getting one completely finished Meteora "B-side" in Lost, but THREE fully finished Meteora B-Sides. They might just be trying to push "Lost" as the "Single" for Meteora20 as "She Couldn't" was for HT20.

This is speculation of course but I really hope this is the case, as that would be "Massive". 😂

As for the others, Massive, Healing Foot, Wesside, and Resolution, I'm expecting all of those to be instrumentals, and at least one of them has gotta be that demo from Making Of when Rob is tracking drums. It will drive me crazy if that isn't in there.

Edited by DJIntensity

2 hours ago, Xandersilk said:

Ok, so here's something I noticed that I would like to point out. Here's an exerpt of Chester talking about the album from the Meteora linkinpedia page:

And if we look at the lost demos CD we have at least 3 songs at the start of the album (Lost, Fighting Myself, and More The Victim) that are all titled like like they have lyrics and are the would-be final titles of the songs, as if they are the three finished songs that Chester referenced in the above paragraph (he said 15 songs were recorded and only 12 made the album).

So we might not just be getting one completely finished Meteora "B-side" in Lost, but THREE fully finished Meteora B-Sides. They might just be trying to push "Lost" as the "Single" for Meteora20 as "She Couldn't" was for HT20.

This is speculation of course but I really hope this is the case, as that would be "Massive". 😂

As for the others, Massive, Healing Foot, Wesside, and Resolution, I'm expecting all of those to be instrumentals, and at least one of them has gotta be that demo from Making Of when Rob is tracking drums. It will drive me crazy if that isn't in there.

I agree with you. You are reading my thoughts. And I also hope one of them will be The Wizard Song. Then we would get all unknown demos from Meteora videos.

That list is amazing! We've got a lot of basically unknown shows (at least I didn't know the recordings existed) which could theoretically still give room for known and unreleased shows sometime in the future. Too bad there are no shows from 2006 as the very last part of the Meteora cycle. I'll be hoping that Live In Texas will finally be uncensored, as well as Wish from PR 2004...

41 minutes ago, Hybrider said:

I agree with you. You are reading my thoughts. And I also hope one of them will be The Wizard Song. Then we would get all unknown demos from Meteora videos.

I would say we probably don't have the Wizard song in its full capacity but perhaps in an instrumental form, I'm sure fans would go nuts over that then, creating their own "covers" and "remakes" of the song.

6 hours ago, YRQRM0 said:

I'm confused, how do we know about this "Lost [2002 Mix]" and what makes us think it's different from just "Lost"? 

We know from the leak :)

Since it listed as 2002 mix, it would have just a different mix, they woudn't call it like that if it have different vocals or something else. My guessing is that both were mixed by two different people, maybe one was mixed by Mike and the other one by Andy Wallance.

28 minutes ago, Xandersilk said:

I would say we probably don't have the Wizard song in its full capacity but perhaps in an instrumental form, I'm sure fans would go nuts over that then, creating their own "covers" and "remakes" of the song.

I meant and I expect instrumental form. Vocals does not exist, but instrumental yes and it has its own original name.

Great news!

14 hours ago, mario8988 said:

LP%20M20%20Super%20Dlx.png?sw=550&sh=550

HQ picture: https://store.warnermusic.com/dw/image/v2/BHCC_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-warner-master/default/dw741fa805/Linkin Park/LP M20 Super Dlx.png

I think "Massive" could be a remix of the track "Butterfly Caught" by Massive Attack, possibly as an instrumental.

Edited by Zoom

1 hour ago, Zoom said:

Yeah we have see it on Friday, I saved almost all artworks, from all editions.

4 minutes ago, Zoom said:

I think "Massive" could be a remix of the track "Butterfly Caught" by Massive Attack, possibly as an instrumental.

Actually that's a good point!

Why would LP put a remix of another band's song on there? lol. Seems unlikely for something they'd release. They'd indicate it on the tracklist.

Some of the release info seems like placeholder info, like the second Meteora documentary(?) on the DVD.

Track-wise - would love Rob's drum song to be one of the unknown songs. Surely has to be as they were working on it so far into the process it was at NRG. There are questions now about song titles and demo titles, though. Both Plaster II and Figure.09 are listed as different songs on the LP song board, and they are the same demo here. We also don't know the titles of Nocturnal and Serpent - they could be Numb and Nobody's Listening, or they could be one of the first 3 songs on the Lost Demos CD, or even others on that CD. And then Sick is Don't Stay, so only 3 demos were left off of the release which actually is quite impressive. They are releasing a lot of stuff. Only a few things are held back and for all we know, that stuff isn't great they didn't include.

So, what are Nocturnal and Serpent? What is the old Plaster II that turned into Figure.09? 

9 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Why would LP put a remix of another band's song on there? lol. Seems unlikely for something they'd release. They'd indicate it on the tracklist.

Not a remix but just instrumental that was made by LP and maybe later used as a remix for the song?

Do you remember a similar thing that happened with one of the songs that was produced for Lupe Fiasco? And later it turned to be LP song called Universe?

https://linkinpedia.com/index.php?title=LP_Underground_XIII#Track_Listing

4 minutes ago, martinez said:

Not a remix but just instrumental that was made by LP and maybe later used as a remix for the song?

Do you remember a similar thing that happened with one of the songs that was produced for Lupe Fiasco? And later it turned to be LP song called Universe?

https://linkinpedia.com/index.php?title=LP_Underground_XIII#Track_Listing

But if Massive is really the instrumental of the Massive Attack remix and it wasn't originally intended for Massive Attack, why would they even call it Massive in the first place? Universe was originally called Universe, not Resurrection.

46 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

What is the old Plaster II that turned into Figure.09? 

It is a different demo that is similar to One Step Closer. Old Figure.09 is a rap demo. They connected them together and name Figure.09 remained. It is the same situation like with Until It Breaks. It has 4 demos connected together. Figure.09 has 2 demos.

1 hour ago, LPLStaff said:

Why would LP put a remix of another band's song on there? lol.

The album "100th Window" by Massive Attack with the track "Butterfly Caught" was released in 2003, along with "Meteora". The remix wasn't officially released. This is work on the request from a famous band (like Depeche Mode)! I think as the shortened instrumental Mike could added it to the release.

What is the old Plaster II that turned into Figure.09?

I think it's shortened demo from "Linkin Park Underground 9: Demos" with Mike's rapping, but with alternate lyrics (fragment on "The Making Of Meteora" from 04:27).

Edited by Zoom

Some of the release info seems like placeholder info, like the second Meteora documentary(?) on the DVD.

I guess we will be having this with a better quality. With this and Making of Meteora, the last, new documentary seems to have the length of 27-28 minutes.

41 minutes ago, Hybrider said:

It is a different demo that is similar to One Step Closer. Old Figure.09 is a rap demo. They connected them together and name Figure.09 remained. It is the same situation like with Until It Breaks. It has 4 demos connected together. Figure.09 has 2 demos.

This is my theory too. I wouldn't be surprised if Plaster II ends up having the final Figure.09 chorus and/or bridge lyrics over a different instrumental track since the Figure.09 demo we got on LPU9 was pretty similar instrumentally to the final song.