BeardyWilderness

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, JZ-GreyDazePatheticWorship said:

Do we have a recording of Snoop performing w the band?

I don't remember 

No. Only photos from a different show at Getty Images. By the way, you guys should keep in mind that the information for shows from 1995 - 2006 often come from unreliable sources and we only know they are wrong when recordings of those shows surface. It's possible he performed with the band at more than one show, but there's a chance he wasn't at this one.

48 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

No. Only photos from a different show at Getty Images. By the way, you guys should keep in mind that the information for shows from 1995 - 2006 often come from unreliable sources and we only know they are wrong when recordings of those shows surface. It's possible he performed with the band at more than one show, but there's a chance he wasn't at this one.

Even the info from 2005/06 is unreliable?

25 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

Even the info from 2005/06 is unreliable?

No. 2004 and prior. The 2005-2006 shows are solid as there is a recording of every single one minus Tokyo Zepp 2006 and that setlist came directly from the LP Japan fansite like... an hour after the concert. I remember getting it from there the same night. The LP fanbase went BALLISTIC about the setlist - QWERTY new song, Reading My Eyes, BTH closed the show for the first time. My December. People thought it was so epic.

7 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

No. 2004 and prior. The 2005-2006 shows are solid as there is a recording of every single one minus Tokyo Zepp 2006 and that setlist came directly from the LP Japan fansite like... an hour after the concert. I remember getting it from there the same night. The LP fanbase went BALLISTIC about the setlist - QWERTY new song, Reading My Eyes, BTH closed the show for the first time. My December. People thought it was so epic.

So the possibility of Snoop appearing in the Denver DVD is high right? 🙏

The info came from somewhere. Seems very possible, yes. We wouldn't have just listed it or made it up out of nowhere unless we saw it somewhere mentioned. Tried searching Getty Images today and only found photos from Wantagh of it. We will see.

-Rock Am Ring 2004

-Collision Course EP

-Forgotten Meteora Remixes (or is it Reanimation 2.0)

-Music For Relief 2005

I can't believe none of them are important and not part of Meteora 20th Anniversary Edition :( . I considered these as important and part of the biggest contribution to Meteora 20th Anniversary Edition.

I understand that if they want to add Collision Course to Meteora 20th Anniversary Edition, then they'll have to get approval from Roc-A-Fella Records (Jay-Z) and Def Jam. Even though Collision Course is part of Machine Shop and Warner Music.

Edited by AJ93

24 minutes ago, AJ93 said:

-Rock Am Ring 2004

-Collision Course EP

-Music For Relief 2005

I can't believe none of them are important and part of Meteora 20th Anniversary Edition :( 

I understand that if they want to add Collision Course to Meteora 20th Anniversary Edition, then they'll have to get approval from Roc-A-Fella Records (Jay-Z) and Def Jam. Even though Collision Course is part of Machine Shop and Warner Music.

The Meteora remixes probably were trash, Mike was aware that some of you wanted them and he probably listened to them and decided that it was a bad idea.

Rock Am Ring and CC can be part of your own celebration I mean nothing can stop you from watching them again.

MFR 2005 it's interesting, it's cool that we have a 2 cam mix of it so its okay for me.

RaR 2004 is easily available in many places and simply not really worth a DVD release. There’s no need to really include that when it’s out there in high quality already.

I asked Mike about the Meteora remixes, and he seemed to have forgotten they were even a thing. So he either didn’t find them or he did find them and the band decided they weren’t good enough to include on a release like this.

CC, sadly, I think will get a social media post and some merch in 2024 for the 20th anniversary… I really want the full show but I don’t know that the band/label will think CC is worth anything approaching these anniversary releases. I love CC and would love the full Roxy show, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up for it at this point…

MFR 2005 would’ve been cool, but I can also see LP looking at that show the way Mike looked at the entire Post Traumatic tour. It was a moment in time and a “you had to be there” type of thing.

EDIT: Just to clarify: When I say “ I asked Mike”, obviously I mean on his Twitch stream lol

Edited by Justin

9 minutes ago, Justin said:

RaR 2004 is easily available in many places and simply not really worth a DVD release. There’s no need to really include that when it’s out there in high quality already.

I asked Mike about the Meteora remixes, and he seemed to have forgotten they were even a thing. So he either didn’t find them or he did find them and the band decided they weren’t good enough to include on a release like this.

CC, sadly, I think will get a social media post and some merch in 2024 for the 20th anniversary… I really want the full show but I don’t know that the band/label will think CC is worth anything approaching these anniversary releases. I love CC and would love the full Roxy show, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up for it at this point…

MFR 2005 would’ve been cool, but I can also see LP looking at that show the way Mike looked at the entire Post Traumatic tour. It was a moment in time and a “you had to be there” type of thing.

EDIT: Just to clarify: When I say “ I asked Mike”, obviously I mean on his Twitch stream lol

thank you @Justinfor the clarification about the meteora remixes. And yeah, I know what you mean about the Q&A via MS's twitch streaming lol

46 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

I wouldn't have high hopes, perhaps they've chosen a one without him to not deal with the rights problems

If another artist guests inside your own headline show, you don't need their permission to release that. You need permission to release a cover, release a co-branded performance with another artist, etc. If Paul McCartney joins Foo Fighters for a song, Foo doesn't need to ask Paul McCartney if they can release that.

41 minutes ago, AJ93 said:

-Rock Am Ring 2004

-Collision Course EP

-Music For Relief 2005

I can't believe none of them are important and not part of Meteora 20th Anniversary Edition :( . I considered these as important and part of the biggest contribution to Meteora 20th Anniversary Edition.

Rock am Ring 2004 is the most popular show the band has played. It's out in GREAT quality with Mike Shinoda's own personal mix and the label/mgmt's own video edit. Remember, this show did not air originally like this - it was webcasted in potato quality and not shown on TV right away. The band's team took it, edited it themselves and Mike did the mix and then it was aired months later. This was edited to remove the encore break, part of the Crawling intro, Mike's laugh on ITE, the intro and outro, etc.  What was shown on TV already ***IS*** the band's official release of Rock am Ring lol, it was just shown on TV. That's their exact release of that show, they had more control over that show's release than anything shown on TV for a proshot. They even picked the camera angles of the whole show, which is why they are so different from the MTV2 version. We have the Rock am Ring 2004 release by LP, from 2004 lol. It just isn't on a physical DVD.

If they filmed MFR 2005, THAT is a show they'd have to work out with Jay-Z to release, like Live 8 2005. Roxy 2004, MFR 2005, Live 8 etc are LPJZ shows. Literally none of it appears on the Meteora box set besides LP's own performance of the Hip Hop Medley from the Roxy during their intro set. Notice they put no Live 8 songs on this either.

We have no literal modern day confirmation that Meteora remixes exist. They were mentioned one time ever, Mike said recently he doesn't remember them, they haven't come up anywhere in any sort of LPU CD or even this comprehensive box set. They literally may not even be a thing. Whatever they started working on may have been scrapped or turned into Collision Course.

Not to be the Warner dickrider guy (again, I guess), but I'm pretty much completely sold on the contents of this one. Four full shows on DVD, Live in Texas on vinyl, a demo disc with seven BRAND NEW demos we've literally never heard of or about before, another show on vinyl...not sure that this tops HT20, and I'm not sure that anything really could given that Hybrid Theory is Hybrid Theory, but this seems like a hell of a follow-up to me. It's always seemed to me like vocal demos from the Meteora sessions are few and far between, so to actually get one of those and see it be the headliner of the box is sweet. Maybe one or two of the other ones will have vocals too! Who knows. We'll see!

Did those product pages have any kind of art besides the one shown on page 2, like an image of the box or something? Given that this is coming out in two months, I feel like this is the right time for it all to go live - maybe it's just a day early or something and we'll get all that info tomorrow. Regardless, I'm stoked, this is a day one buy, it's a great day for the community.

Best of all: Finally, Meteora on 1LP rather than split across two for literally no reason. Sanity prevails!

12 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

If another artist guests inside your own headline show, you don't need their permission to release that. You need permission to release a cover, release a co-branded performance with another artist, etc. If Paul McCartney joins Foo Fighters for a song, Foo doesn't need to ask Paul McCartney if they can release that.

Rock am Ring 2004 is the most popular show the band has played. It's out in GREAT quality with Mike Shinoda's own personal mix and the label/mgmt's own video edit. Remember, this show did not air originally like this - it was webcasted in potato quality and not shown on TV right away. The band's team took it, edited it themselves and Mike did the mix and then it was aired months later. This was edited to remove the encore break, part of the Crawling intro, Mike's laugh on ITE, the intro and outro, etc.  What was shown on TV already ***IS*** the band's official release of Rock am Ring lol, it was just shown on TV. That's their exact release of that show, they had more control over that show's release than anything shown on TV for a proshot. They even picked the camera angles of the whole show, which is why they are so different from the MTV2 version. We have the Rock am Ring 2004 release by LP, from 2004 lol. It just isn't on a physical DVD.

If they filmed MFR 2005, THAT is a show they'd have to work out with Jay-Z to release, like Live 8 2005. Roxy 2004, MFR 2005, Live 8 etc are LPJZ shows. Literally none of it appears on the Meteora box set besides LP's own performance of the Hip Hop Medley from the Roxy during their intro set. Notice they put no Live 8 songs on this either.

We have no literal modern day confirmation that Meteora remixes exist. They were mentioned one time ever, Mike said recently he doesn't remember them, they haven't come up anywhere in any sort of LPU CD or even this comprehensive box set. They literally may not even be a thing. Whatever they started working on may have been scrapped or turned into Collision Course.

Thank you @LPLStaff for providing an explanation. 

6 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Great explanation! Another question, the RTR, then, it's a Jay guests in a LP headline show, but the songs are partially covers. What case that would be? PS: regarding the RAR04 now I get why the BTH from Underground 4 has identical mix to the TV release

Seems linkinpark.com has an interesting download coming in 5 days 👀

LiNKiNgPaRk-nUmB.exe 😂

I love this band 😂

Also, somewhat off topic, I’ve been here for years but my account was linked to my old email and I was too lazy to start over to comment on occasion aha

Looking forward to actually talking to you guys about Meteora 20 😍

If you already instinctively mashed "OKAY", you missed an Easter egg that you won't be able to see without clearing your cookies for linkinpark.com. If you try to hit the "close" button, it floods the screen with more popups

vd8HtQ9.png

Wow this really looks amazing. The only thing that REALLY bothers me is the fact that the not-yet-released live versions of Easier to Run and Hit the Floor are *only* on vinyl and not on CD. I don't have a vinyl player so I can't listen to them 😕 I mean sure I'll probably can download it from the Internet or listen to it on Spotify, but it's still not the same.

• BeardyWilderness changed the title to Meteora 20th Anniversary Releases 24th March 2023
1 minute ago, unksoldier2000 said:

kinda sad, there's no remixes listed... and which of these demos could be "Thoughts that take away my Pride"?

As many have said it before, its confirmed to be "Lost". The first single in M20, meaning that it could release sometimes this month as M20 is currently following HT20's release format

2 minutes ago, arcyy57 said:

As many have said it before, its confirmed to be "Lost". The first single in M20, meaning that it could release sometimes this month as M20 is currently following HT20's release format

that's amazing. thank you... i always loved this song for some reason