Linkin Park Planning "Exciting Things" for 2023 - Meteora 20th Celebration

LPLStaff

4 hours ago, Wilderness said:

Love Linkin Park fans. You weren’t promised anything in particular today, and now your sense of entitlement is starting to show. 

this. you guys should be grateful that the band regularly updates these few days instead of keeping silence. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, AJ93 said:

The Funkopop on the left shelf, thats actually MTM. IDK why they put MTM funkopop.

Mini-Recorder = Tapes

Key = Drawer (there must be a recovery drive).

Spray canister = paint (Making Of Meteora/The Art Of Meteora DVD)

MTV VMA Viewer's Choice 2004 trophy (spaceman) = Breaking The Habit

LP Tag = LP Tickets (on the bulletinboard)

Somebody Angry (but the word angry is crossed out) Broken = one of the Lost Demos track

Gundam Figure = Somewhere I Belong

Red Binder with unused Lithograph  = Work In Progress DVD

Meteora UK Platinum = Meteora UK Limited Album Edition

Two Stickers on the black drawer = Fort Minor

The mountainous pictures (from bulletinboard) = LP Live Tour in South Korea and Phillipines.

These were based on the list of M20thAE from Warner website.

I thought the Gundam figure was a reference to the Gundam ATS edition? Also the WIP DVD is in full display on the left side of the table

EDIT: My bad, forgot about the SIB mv. 

Edited by HybridSuns

37 minutes ago, AJ93 said:

The Funkopop on the left shelf, thats actually MTM. IDK why they put MTM funkopop.

Mini-Recorder = Tapes

Key = Drawer (there must be a recovery drive).

Spray canister = paint (Making Of Meteora/The Art Of Meteora DVD)

MTV VMA Viewer's Choice 2004 trophy (spaceman) = Breaking The Habit

LP Tag = LP Tickets (on the bulletinboard)

Somebody Angry (but the word angry is crossed out) Broken = one of the Lost Demos track

Gundam Figure = Somewhere I Belong

Red Binder with unused Lithograph  = Work In Progress DVD

Meteora UK Platinum = Meteora UK Limited Album Edition

Two Stickers on the black drawer = Fort Minor

The mountainous pictures (from bulletinboard) = LP Live Tour in South Korea and Phillipines.

These were based on the list of M20thAE from Warner website.

This is fucking awesome. Love all the little teasers to figure stuff out. They know this fanbase and definitely read the room correctly, giving us a good teaser campaign. The band's website looks good.

To be honest, just a normal countdown to reveal all the info today would have been pretty lame because they did so much more for Hybrid Theory 20. The "Pictureboard" -> "InYourself.mp3" thing was so cool, and the band emails, file names, etc. Loved all of that.

Looking forward to more of the Meteora stuff. We already know the package is coming in March, no reason to rush an announcement if they can do a cool unveiling of it. Nice work by them so far, because building on the whole computer theme from HT (which is still very relevant for Meteora) is sweet.

14 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Looking forward to more of the Meteora stuff. We already know the package is coming in March, no reason to rush an announcement if they can do a cool unveiling of it. Nice work by them so far, because building on the whole computer theme from HT (which is still very relevant for Meteora) is sweet.

I’ve come to like the idea more now. The countdown’s result was a little disorienting when nothing was happening with the website after getting the key, because I was expecting too much; An announcement or the track, “Lost”. I remember how they did it with HT, and if they do the cool stuff over the next few days before announcing the big super deluxe edition and releasing Lost, I think that’s more worth it than just receiving the announcement with no build up. Definitely keeping the hype up for the Anniversary. The band PC thing is dope as hell too, and hopefully it’ll keep updating as the next few days go on before they decide It’s time for the announcement.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

The thing about "Lost" is it's just speculation, we don't have anything confirmed that says that song is coming from the website so we can't set unrealistic expectations. Warner leaked stuff and at least some of that was placeholder information like the DVD title. I'm sure Lost is on the CD, sure, but is it the song coming from linkinpark.com? Who knows.

But whatever they do at the end of the website thing will be awesome. They don't let us down on these teaser campaigns, they always deliver. The HT20 one was A+.

On 2/1/2023 at 10:06 PM, HybridSuns said:

I thought the Gundam figure was a reference to the Gundam ATS edition? Also the WIP DVD is in full display on the left side of the table

EDIT: My bad, forgot about the SIB mv. 

That's alright. The Catalyst was used in Gundam 2010s video game.

I know, but look at the red binder, theres an unused Lithograph that is connected to Work In Progress DVD.

Start at 10:53, you'll find a small detail of Work In Progess, along with a sketchbook of drawing.

On 2/1/2023 at 10:22 PM, LPLStaff said:

This is fucking awesome. Love all the little teasers to figure stuff out. They know this fanbase and definitely read the room correctly, giving us a good teaser campaign. The band's website looks good.

To be honest, just a normal countdown to reveal all the info today would have been pretty lame because they did so much more for Hybrid Theory 20. The "Pictureboard" -> "InYourself.mp3" thing was so cool, and the band emails, file names, etc. Loved all of that.

I remember these when I was kid. Watching MTV, the live tour via TV, MTV VMA 2004, and also I owned the original album witht the music video dvd back in 2003/2004.

Thank you @LPLStaff and y'all welcome for the discoveries I made.

Can anyone help me on how to upload a picture without a link? I just found something cool.

“Lost” is not really speculation if Warner Music themself has talked about the track. They mentioned it in the description of the box set saying it was an extra song from the NRG recording sessions. The leaker who leaked the info for the audio of Meteora20, mentioned on January 15, way before anything was mentioned, that “Lost” is the “take away my pride” song. It all connects. Take Away My Pride is from the NRG session, and so is “Lost”, and Lost was confirmed by the leaker to be “take away my pride”. they’re pretty obviously the same song. And If they leaked the stuff that early, with nothing out there yet and ended up later being ENTIRELY spot on correct, probably they’re going to be right about “Lost” coming as the first song. linkinpark.com will put the pieces together. We just have to wait and see what happens.

If SOMEHOW it’s not, I would still be satisfied with LP’s work on Meteora 20. I’m not only out here to hear “Lost”. I’m positive it took a lot to make another box set, and I’m very grateful for their incredible work. I’m buying that box set for 200 bucks, and I’m keeping it for life.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

Click reply, at the bottom left click "Choose files" and upload it.

"Work In Progress" was a phrase they used for the Meteora album at that time and it's on the art wall too like you linked. Pretty cool.

The song itself is not speculation, I mean the fact that it comes in the teaser campaign is speculation. It might, but what if it doesn't? lol

10 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Click reply, at the bottom left click "Choose files" and upload it.

"Work In Progress" was a phrase they used for the Meteora album at that time and it's on the art wall too like you linked. Pretty cool.

The song itself is not speculation, I mean the fact that it comes in the teaser campaign is speculation. It might, but what if it doesn't? lol

Modal--Background.jpg

I knew it. There is a bucket of paint.

Update: see the white picture at the first drawer, that's the to-do list. It says:

-Organize proofs

-Scan Rejects

Look at the drawer, there's a word "Someebody Anrgy (but its crossed out) Broken". This is actually either More The Victim (track) or Fighting Myself (track).

Note: I just right click the background and open image on new tab.

Edited by AJ93

12 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

right. That’s true. It might not. We’ll have to see. But it’s pretty likely.

Ive still got my HT20 box set at home, and i’m real excited to have both the two together. Fantastic albums.

Personally, I wonder what the “Work In Progress” DVD is gonna have. I’m thinking it’ll be a lot of footage from Mike’s home studio and NRG in 2002, and maybe pre-album release footage, 2003. Guess we gotta wait and see.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

1 hour ago, AJ93 said:

Modal--Background.jpg

Look at the drawer, there's a word "Somebody Angry (but its crossed out) Broken". This is actually either More The Victim (track) or Fighting Myself (track).

That’s funny, become I made a topic having to do with that lyric. There’s a huge line of lyrics I found as well as a couple small lines of lyrics that I also found along with the lyric you mentioned. I found the lyrics in the “Art of Meteora” documentary. I talked it about in this topic: 

Edited by NJPLP

lol if you really pay attention, which we haven't, we can see Fiore hiding shit right in our faces for 15+ years.

The Live in Texas TV special has proshot clips of the Seoul show, and it looks great. It also has proshot video of Tokyo Budokan Night 2, which would be great to have someday. That was an epic show, but Seoul is definitely the one to release from the tour as it was a stadium.

LPTV PR04 has Denver proshot clips all over it, which are easy to tell now because that venue has no roof like a traditional amphitheater. He's very smart with editing because he will hide it in the beginning, middle and end around other clips but if you pay attention, it's all there. How did we not recognize this years ago?

Entirely possible Manila footage is the stuff hanging out at the end of the LPTV Europe/Asia episode from before PR04 too, but we've never seen video/photos/anything from that show so we don't know.

All of this was hiding plain as day for years. Just like the PR02 DVD clip was hiding in the Making of Meteora when Don Gilmore was talking about Chester.

It's so so funny to see grown ass people melt down because of this. I literally feel like it's 2003 again :D. It's a mystery to me how some of you can feel so butthurt by this. It's not like they canceled the whole thing which we know we'll get in March?

Everything from those who felt angered to those who provoked others because of it: Pure comedy gold or rather a blast from the past.

With that being said, really cool from LP to go the extra mile and give us something to play around with. I'll be happy with whatever comes out at the end of it. Personally I had a huge smile on my face while checking every pixel of lp.com.

guys, i was searching on the code and i found any strange items, i don't know how to resolve this if anyone can help..

//USB and Lockbox
                            var minval = Math.min(parseInt(next.substring(5, 6)), parseInt(current.substring(5, 6)));
                            var USBPlugged = localStorage.getItem('USBPlugged') ? parseInt(localStorage.getItem('USBPlugged')) : 2;
                            var keysopen = localStorage.getItem('keysopen') ? localStorage.getItem('keysopen') : 2;
                            var lockopen = localStorage.getItem('lockopen') ? localStorage.getItem('lockopen') : 2;
                            if (minval == 2) {
                                if (lockopen == 1) {
                                    $('.items.lockbox img').attr('src', '/sites/g/files/g2000015666/files/Lockbox-ComboUnlocked.png');
                                    $('.items.computer-postit img').attr('src', '/sites/g/files/g2000015666/files/Computer-3-Postit.png');
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('class', 'items lockbox lockbox-combounlocked click-to-open');
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('data-pagename', 'Meteora Suitcase ComboUnlocked');
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('data-pagetype', 'suitcase combounlocked');
                                }
                                if (keysopen == 1) {
                                    $('.items.lockbox img').attr('src', '/sites/g/files/g2000015666/files/Lockbox-KeyUnlocked.png');
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('class', 'items lockbox lockbox-keyunlocked click-to-open');
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('data-pagename', 'Meteora Suitcase KeyUnlocked');
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('data-pagetype', 'suitcase keyunlocked');
                                }
                                if (USBPlugged == 0) {
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('data-target-id', '14421');
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('data-target', 'modal-window-lockbox-unlocked');
                                    $('.items.lockbox img').attr('src', '/sites/g/files/g2000015666/files/Lockbox-Unlocked.png');
                                    $('.items.computer-postit img').attr('src', '/sites/g/files/g2000015666/files/Computer-3-Postit.png');
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('class', 'items lockbox lockbox-unlocked click-to-open');
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('data-pagename', 'Meteora Suitcase Unlocked');
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('data-pagetype', 'suitcase unlocked');
                                } else if (USBPlugged == 1) {
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('data-target-id', '14426');
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('data-target', 'modal-window-lockbox-unlocked-empty');
                                    $('.items.lockbox img').attr('src', '/sites/g/files/g2000015666/files/Lockbox-Unlocked-Empty.png');
                                    $('.items.computer-overlay,.items.computer,.items.computer-postit').attr('data-target-id', '14416');
                                    $('.items.computer-overlay,.items.computer,.items.computer-postit').attr('data-target', 'modal-window-computer-loading');
                                    $('.items.computer-overlay img').attr('src', '/sites/g/files/g2000015666/files/Computer-Screen-3-Overlay.png');
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('class', 'items lockbox lockbox-unlocked-empty click-to-open');
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('data-pagename', 'Meteora Suitcase Unlocked Empty');
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('data-pagetype', 'suitcase unlocked empty');
                                }
                            }
                        }
                    },
                    error: function (request, status, error) {
                        console.log("ajax call went wrong:" + request.responseText);
                    }
                });
            },
            }
        });

14 hours ago, AnthonyWakefield said:

guys, i was searching on the code and i found any strange items, i don't know how to resolve this if anyone can help..

//USB and Lockbox
                            var minval = Math.min(parseInt(next.substring(5, 6)), parseInt(current.substring(5, 6)));
                            var USBPlugged = localStorage.getItem('USBPlugged') ? parseInt(localStorage.getItem('USBPlugged')) : 2;
                            var keysopen = localStorage.getItem('keysopen') ? localStorage.getItem('keysopen') : 2;
                            var lockopen = localStorage.getItem('lockopen') ? localStorage.getItem('lockopen') : 2;
                            if (minval == 2) {
                                if (lockopen == 1) {
                                    $('.items.lockbox img').attr('src', '/sites/g/files/g2000015666/files/Lockbox-ComboUnlocked.png');
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('class', 'items lockbox lockbox-combounlocked click-to-open');
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('data-pagename', 'Meteora Suitcase ComboUnlocked');
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('data-pagetype', 'suitcase combounlocked');
                                }
                                if (keysopen == 1) {
                                    $('.items.lockbox img').attr('src', '/sites/g/files/g2000015666/files/Lockbox-KeyUnlocked.png');
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('class', 'items lockbox lockbox-keyunlocked click-to-open');
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('data-pagename', 'Meteora Suitcase KeyUnlocked');
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('data-pagetype', 'suitcase keyunlocked');
                                }
                                if (USBPlugged == 0) {
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('data-target-id', '14421');
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('data-target', 'modal-window-lockbox-unlocked');
                                    $('.items.lockbox img').attr('src', '/sites/g/files/g2000015666/files/Lockbox-Unlocked.png');
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('class', 'items lockbox lockbox-unlocked click-to-open');
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('data-pagename', 'Meteora Suitcase Unlocked');
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('data-pagetype', 'suitcase unlocked');
                                } else if (USBPlugged == 1) {
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('data-target-id', '14426');
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('data-target', 'modal-window-lockbox-unlocked-empty');
                                    $('.items.lockbox img').attr('src', '/sites/g/files/g2000015666/files/Lockbox-Unlocked-Empty.png');
                                    $('.items.computer-overlay,.items.computer,.items.computer-postit').attr('data-target-id', '14416');
                                    $('.items.computer-overlay,.items.computer,.items.computer-postit').attr('data-target', 'modal-window-computer-loading');
                                    $('.items.computer-overlay img').attr('src', '/sites/g/files/g2000015666/files/Computer-Screen-3-Overlay.png');
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('class', 'items lockbox lockbox-unlocked-empty click-to-open');
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('data-pagename', 'Meteora Suitcase Unlocked Empty');
                                    $('.items.lockbox').attr('data-pagetype', 'suitcase unlocked empty');
                                }
                            }
                        }
                    },
                    }
                });
            },
            }
        });

It could be today that we will unlock the suitcase. But we have to wait for the meteora website to be updated today at exact time in california.

Bro, you reminded me of my CIS major back in my early college days. And you reminded me of how we tried to unlock the Living Thing's single Burn It Down artwork back in 2012

20 hours ago, Hybrider said:

It's a hint for MTM20.

I know its a hint for MTM20. But why would they put it now? MTM20 won't be available until May 2027.

Edited by AJ93

13 hours ago, AJ93 said:

I know its a hint for MTM20. But why would they put it now? MTM20 won't be available until May 2027.

For MTM 20 we'll have an entire CD and vinyl for all the studio rehearsals. Forget the live shows with audience. Who doesn't want 10 almost identical versions of WID?

21 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

lol if you really pay attention, which we haven't, we can see Fiore hiding shit right in our faces for 15+ years.

The Live in Texas TV special has proshot clips of the Seoul show, and it looks great. It also has proshot video of Tokyo Budokan Night 2, which would be great to have someday. That was an epic show, but Seoul is definitely the one to release from the tour as it was a stadium.

LPTV PR04 has Denver proshot clips all over it, which are easy to tell now because that venue has no roof like a traditional amphitheater. He's very smart with editing because he will hide it in the beginning, middle and end around other clips but if you pay attention, it's all there. How did we not recognize this years ago?

Entirely possible Manila footage is the stuff hanging out at the end of the LPTV Europe/Asia episode from before PR04 too, but we've never seen video/photos/anything from that show so we don't know.

All of this was hiding plain as day for years. Just like the PR02 DVD clip was hiding in the Making of Meteora when Don Gilmore was talking about Chester.

I don't know what else has been hiding during the other eras of the band....

13 hours ago, AJ93 said:

It could be today that we will unlock the suitcase. But we have to wait for the meteora website to be updated today at exact time in california.

Bro, you reminded me of my CIS major back in my early college days. And you reminded me of how we tried to unlock the Living Thing's single Burn It Down artwork back in 2012

hahaha i think the clues are on the code but yes we will wait to see what happens  

well, here is the lockbox unlocked with the usb but nothing happens  https://www.linkinpark.com/sites/g/files/g2000015666/files/Lockbox-Unlocked.pngLockbox-Unlocked.png

i realize now that i can’t stand it when i’m impatient with LP. They know what they’re doing to maintain the hype. It was my bad on my end saying yesterday was a disappointment. Glad everything’s moved on, and I will admit to being a bit in the wrong.

Today something will happen at 3PM again, just maybe.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

28 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

i realize now that i can’t stand it when i’m impatient with LP. They know what they’re doing to maintain the hype. It was my bad on my end saying yesterday was a disappointment. Glad everything’s moved on, and I will admit to being a bit in the wrong.

Today something will happen at 3PM again, just maybe.

What's past is in the past bro. We may be disappointed yesterday, but we have already moved on.

no new voicemail and no new picture from lpcatalog.

Also, where was the briefcase located? I couldn't find it anywhere based on what @AnthonyWakefielddiscovered.