HybridTheory20 Replacement

lpliveusername

Linkin Park has issued an official note on Twitter about the errors in the European pressings of Hybrid Theory (20th Anniversary Edition):

We’ve heard from some European fans who have unfortunately received HT:20 Super Deluxe Box Sets that included mislabeled DVDs & had issues with the laminate & MS lithograph. Please email ht20@wmgcustomerservice.com for further updates on providing replacements for these elements.

Your code for the digital download link that is included in the Super Deluxe Box Set has now also been updated with corrected versions of “Hurry” and “Chair” from the LPU Rarities disc.

You may use this support email for any European box set orders, no matter where the initial purchase was from.

Note this doesn't mention a corrected version of the LPU Rarities CD. They have been corrected in digital versions, but those tracks will remain unreleased in physical format. This is likely due to the problem being present in the US pressings too; so they don't have any CDs with the full versions to send as replacement. Only the Frat Party At The Pankake Festival and The Fillmore 2001/Rock Am Ring 2001 DVDs, the Projekt Revolution Tour 2002 laminate and the Mike Shinoda lithograph will be replaced.

Damaged items such as warped vinyls or broken boxes aren't covered in this either. If you had these problems, we advise you to contact the store you purchased the box set from for a replacement.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

Well this gives me hope that they may in the future do something about the LPU Rarities CDs.

I really don't think they will lol.

The LPU Rarities CD was messed up for all of the original pressings worldwide. That means they would have to manufacture a replacement and send it out to every single person who ordered a boxset up to that point. The other issues mentioned were specific to the EU version of the set, and also much more egregious in my opinion.

In 2020, not many of us are playing the audio from the physical discs. Most are either streaming, or they downloaded the audio from the official site. The minority of those who are really upset about the CD is far outweighed by issues like the lithograph, laminate, and DVD's being labeled incorrectly.

Nice, I'm really happy about that. My copy is finally arriving on Monday (ordered from a 3rd party store) and it's going to be the EU release so I guess the first thing I'm doing after I open it up is writing an email. As soon as I can take my eyes off the EP on vinyl :D

"Your code for the digital download link that is included in the Super Deluxe Box Set has now also been updated with corrected versions of “Hurry” and “Chair” from the LPU Rarities disc"

so what i need to do to be able do re-download to updated one?

2 hours ago, ShineWolf said:

"Your code for the digital download link that is included in the Super Deluxe Box Set has now also been updated with corrected versions of “Hurry” and “Chair” from the LPU Rarities disc"

so what i need to do to be able do re-download to updated one?

If you still have the email that contains the download link, just redownload it.

1 hour ago, rd1994 said:

If you still have the email that contains the download link, just redownload it.

It wasn’t an email but a code who I redeemed on a website, no that code isn’t active anymore

edit: just found the email, thanks

Edited by ShineWolf

22 hours ago, martinez said:

We have the quality update of both tracks in some sort. I mean on LPU 15 they were 16-bit lossless and the masters on HT20 has:
Hurry - 24-bit/44.1kHz
Chair - 24-bit/48.0kHz

Yes. But the LPU15 tracks aren't up for download anymore. And I already bought the HT20 boxset. So I'd have to buy the digital lossless version in addition.

21 minutes ago, Hybridtheory said:

what is the total size of the Fillmore show?

mine is missing 1: 35min of introduction, it starts right in With you.

I'm not sure why, but if you open the DVDs with a DVD editor software you will find versions of The Fillmore, Rock Am Ring and Projekt Revolution with different lengths. I guess the standard versions accessed by DVD players are the ones without the intros.

24 minutes ago, Hybridtheory said:

Did the US version come with a problem?

Hurry and Chair came 0:30 sec in the EU and US version?

Yes. There are no CDs with the full songs.

59 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

I'm not sure why, but if you open the DVDs with a DVD editor software you will find versions of The Fillmore, Rock Am Ring and Projekt Revolution with different lengths. I guess the standard versions accessed by DVD players are the ones without the intros.

Yes. There are no CDs with the full songs.

Ok thx

My box Have acess laminate and dvds 

pressing is ok.

but the vinyls are made in germany and the dvds are also made in germany.

k7 made in Canada.

On 10/23/2020 at 5:21 PM, lpliveusername said:

Note this doesn't mention a corrected version of the LPU Rarities CD. They have been corrected in digital versions, but those tracks will remain unreleased in physical format. This is likely due to the problem being present in the US pressings too; so they don't have any CDs with the full versions to send as replacement.

That’s awful. I paid $200 for this thing and yet it’s missing tracks and there’s nothing I can do about it?! I’ve been scammed!

47 minutes ago, ARS said:

That’s awful. I paid $200 for this thing and yet it’s missing tracks and there’s nothing I can do about it?! I’ve been scammed!

They aren't going to manufacture thousands of CDs (a dying format already) to replace two 30 second instrumental songs. It is just not practical, especially in 2020 when the production process itself is an absolute disaster. They were already released in full on the LPU CDs. If it's bothering people that much then I'll gladly allow you to post the lossless versions of those 2 songs in full in this forum for download, so people get what they want. It isn't that big of a deal.

16 hours ago, Hybridtheory said:

what is the total size of the Fillmore show?

mine is missing 1: 35min of introduction, it starts right in With you.

Did the US version come with a problem?

Hurry and Chair came 0:30 sec in the EU and US version?

There is no full intro for the Fillmore show as far as I know. It starts directly on the first song. I thought for a minute that whatever the band was using for the show intro must be copyrighted and they didn't get it cleared, but they used the same intro on that tour that they used at Rock am Ring 2001 and it has the intro on the official release. So who knows.

44 minutes ago, hahninator said:

They aren't going to manufacture thousands of CDs (a dying format already) to replace two 30 second instrumental songs. It is just not practical, especially in 2020 when the production process itself is an absolute disaster. They were already released in full on the LPU CDs. If it's bothering people that much then I'll gladly allow you to post the lossless versions of those 2 songs in full in this forum for download, so people get what they want. It isn't that big of a deal.

There is no full intro for the Fillmore show as far as I know. It starts directly on the first song. I thought for a minute that whatever the band was using for the show intro must be copyrighted and they didn't get it cleared, but they used the same intro on that tour that they used at Rock am Ring 2001 and it has the intro on the official release. So who knows.

Look This vídeo Have long intro, different on dvd.

1 hour ago, hahninator said:

They aren't going to manufacture thousands of CDs (a dying format already) to replace two 30 second instrumental songs. It is just not practical, especially in 2020 when the production process itself is an absolute disaster. They were already released in full on the LPU CDs.

No, they aren't. That's the problem. These tracks were never released on CD because LPU 15 had a bunch of exclusively digital tracks that they didn't even bother to preserve in the LPU site. They simply removed them from the store like a year later.

It doesn't really matter if they are instrumentals. They are songs nonetheless. There are artists that build their entire career around instrumental albums. You can't really play it down the importance of a song because "it's just an instrumental."

Imagine if they had released One More Light CDs with only 30 seconds of the title track and refused to release fixed CDs. Wouldn't that make you pissed?

1 hour ago, hahninator said:

It has the intro. Just like Rock Am Ring has the Rockpalast intro. But I guess you need to rip the DVD to see it.

2 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

No, they aren't. That's the problem. These tracks were never released on CD because LPU 15 had a bunch of exclusively digital tracks that they didn't even bother to preserve in the LPU site. They simply removed them from the store like a year later.

It doesn't really matter if they are instrumentals. They are songs nonetheless. There are artists that build their entire career around instrumental albums. You can't really play it down the importance of a song because "it's just an instrumental."

Imagine if they had released One More Light CDs with only 30 seconds of the title track and refused to release fixed CDs. Wouldn't that make you pissed?

I agree with you, but I think they made the decision that the amount of people upset by the CD situation is outweighed by the amount of effort and money it would cost to fix the issue for every person who received discs with the shortened versions.

It bothers me, but as a company I know Warner is looking at the bottom line.

Has anyone actually heard back from them regarding the replacement? I wrote to them about 24 hours ago and got the automated message saying that I will receive further instructions 'shortly'. But I'm yet to actually get those instructions and I'm starting to get a bit worried. I really want a non-pixelated version of the Mike Shinoda lito. 😕

3 hours ago, JediAHoles said:

Has anyone actually heard back from them regarding the replacement? I wrote to them about 24 hours ago and got the automated message saying that I will receive further instructions 'shortly'. But I'm yet to actually get those instructions and I'm starting to get a bit worried. I really want a non-pixelated version of the Mike Shinoda lito. 😕

I'm still waiting 4 days later...