HybridTheory20 Replacement

lpliveusername

12 hours ago, Coizu said:

I am 100% sure the other person wrote to the wrong email address. They never asked me for any order number or where I ordered it from. Just write them that you have faulty items and that you send them the mail for further steps. 

Yeah, hopefully you're right and we just need to wait.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the vinyl of the "Super Deluxe Box"
the US version.

is written made in Germany?

because my box is US, the dvd's or card access are correct just like the US version, but I noticed that the vinyl is written "Made In Germany" is that right?

can someone who has the US version confirm?

6 hours ago, Hybridtheory said:

the vinyl of the "Super Deluxe Box"
the US version.

is written made in Germany?

because my box is US, the dvd's or card access are correct just like the US version, but I noticed that the vinyl is written "Made In Germany" is that right?

can someone who has the US version confirm?

https://lplive.net/forums/topic/14415-ht20-vinyl-hybrid-theory-too-hot/?do=findComment&comment=304796

Please don't post the same question in two different topics.

Got a reply yesterday, straight from the pressing company though!

Dear customer,

The replacement of the faulty components will be sent out as soon as possible and should be with you in the near future.

Apologises again for the inconveniences.

Kind regards and enjoy the music.

WMG Customer Serviceteam @ optimal

Best part is the "near future" haha

29 minutes ago, Stranger said:

hey guys. need some help. i just received my boxset and yeah, it's EU version. faulty on those items. just want to know, how to write an email to them regarding this issues?

can someone guide me? thanks! 

Hello,
Please send a set of replacement items (if needed I can provide a photo/invoice as proof of purchase) to my address:

your address here

Regards, Stranger

😃

3 hours ago, michalangelo said:

Got a reply yesterday, straight from the pressing company though!

Best part is the "near future" haha

I assume they are waiting a while to gather numbers before they start producing the replacement items. It will probably take a while. 

5 hours ago, michalangelo said:

Hello,
Please send a set of replacement items (if needed I can provide a photo/invoice as proof of purchase) to my address:

your address here

Regards, Stranger

😃

thanks a lot man! :D wondering if you guys did a proper wording/sentences. they might ask a lot. since everyone can claim they buy it at the first place. 

1 hour ago, Stranger said:

thanks a lot man! :D wondering if you guys did a proper wording/sentences. they might ask a lot. since everyone can claim they buy it at the first place. 

So? I have no problem providing an invoice and/or photos of items I actually own. If someone wants to trick warner into shipping free stuff it's their problem, not mine to be honest :)

54 minutes ago, michalangelo said:

So? I have no problem providing an invoice and/or photos of items I actually own. If someone wants to trick warner into shipping free stuff it's their problem, not mine to be honest :)

not my problem either. :)  just wondering what's the words should i use for the email. cant simple jump into the email with the photos/invoice or etc. it's okay. i only ask in here for assists cuz this is the first time bought from LP store. but seems like there's none. no worries.

not my problem either. :)  just wondering what's the words should i use for the email. cant simple jump into the email with the photos/invoice or etc. it's okay. i only ask in here for assists cuz this is the first time bought from LP store. but seems like there's none. no worries.

I gave you the exact email I've sent and it's done deal. What else do you want? Someone to send it for you or what? Don't you sass young man :)

Also I was poining out people who I assume will try to get some free stuff, not you in particular so don't know why the attitude towards me? Photos/invoice is because I have purchased two boxsets so I thought "jumping into photo/email" would be fair and square in the terms of getting a replacement (again, I see no problem there, I see you might have some, even though you said you don't, because simply you've questioned the idea two times now so i don't know haha) When they replaced RTR vinyls they asked for some photos thus I also thought about it this time. Any other explanation you might need?

Dear customer service,

My name is Stranger and I'm xx years old. I have been a fan of Linking Park for xx years in a row. I have purchased/not yet purchased (received/not yet received) the HT 20th anniversary boxset, and I also have seen your tweet mentioning some errors I might encounter after opening the box. While I am not aware how all the things down at your company work, I would politely ask for a replacement you are offering. Please consider my email a very, very kind question because I do not want to sound rude or something.

Sincerely, Stranger

I believe this sums up sending an polite email and not jumping into photos/invoices. Please fill in the xx with accurate year count. you're welcome :)

Edited by michalangelo

Well, I don't think @Stranger was acting sassy or having an attitude.

He was genuinely asking for help and a lot of people thought the same things. 

All my friends who bought the box set asked me the same questions, "What did you write? Anything specific? Do I need to write what's wrong? Do they ask for a confirmation of the order?"
When I said like, "I sent just a generic e-mail and they later asked me for my address" everyone thought: "Oh, so they really send everything without asking for anything?"

It doesn't mean they wanted to take advantage of Warner, it's just a legitimate thought.

I also wondered the same thing, actually, I was sure they would have asked for a receipt or the order number, at least.
No problem for that, of course, I bought my box set.

The tweet didn't give any tips, so it's understandable that people want to be sure before sending anything, to not miss the opportunity of getting the replacements.

Imagine missing it because there was something you needed to do but you didn't, how could you know it?

Anyway, I got all my three answers before all of my friends who sent their e-mails hours or days after me, so I guess the answer also depends from that, not sure tho.
But that's just to reassure who still hasn't received anything.

When you'll get some updates, let us know, we're in the same boat!

14 hours ago, michalangelo said:

I gave you the exact email I've sent and it's done deal. What else do you want? Someone to send it for you or what? Don't you sass young man :)

Also I was poining out people who I assume will try to get some free stuff, not you in particular so don't know why the attitude towards me? Photos/invoice is because I have purchased two boxsets so I thought "jumping into photo/email" would be fair and square in the terms of getting a replacement (again, I see no problem there, I see you might have some, even though you said you don't, because simply you've questioned the idea two times now so i don't know haha) When they replaced RTR vinyls they asked for some photos thus I also thought about it this time. Any other explanation you might need?

Dear customer service,

My name is Stranger and I'm xx years old. I have been a fan of Linking Park for xx years in a row. I have purchased/not yet purchased (received/not yet received) the HT 20th anniversary boxset, and I also have seen your tweet mentioning some errors I might encounter after opening the box. While I am not aware how all the things down at your company work, I would politely ask for a replacement you are offering. Please consider my email a very, very kind question because I do not want to sound rude or something.

Sincerely, Stranger

I believe this sums up sending an polite email and not jumping into photos/invoices. Please fill in the xx with accurate year count. you're welcome :)

i'm sure this is misunderstanding situation. 😅 not meant to be sassy or attitude. i'm really asking for help. I'm sorry if you think that way. maybe the way you read my posts makes you think that way. thanks a lot for the example. really appreciate it. gonna use that template/format. 

7 hours ago, PeppePark said:

All my friends who bought the box set asked me the same questions, "What did you write? Anything specific? Do I need to write what's wrong? Do they ask for a confirmation of the order?"
When I said like, "I sent just a generic e-mail and they later asked me for my address" everyone thought: "Oh, so they really send everything without asking for anything?"

It doesn't mean they wanted to take advantage of Warner, it's just a legitimate thought.

I also wondered the same thing, actually, I was sure they would have asked for a receipt or the order number, at least.

The tweet didn't give any tips, so it's understandable that people want to be sure before sending anything, to not miss the opportunity of getting the replacements.

Imagine missing it because there was something you needed to do but you didn't, how could you know it?

Anyway, I got all my three answers before all of my friends who sent their e-mails hours or days after me, so I guess the answer also depends from that, not sure tho.

thanks a lot man. :D  sometimes when we chat online, we didnt know the exact intonation of someone. it can be mad/happy with the same words. thank youu for you explanation. i'm in the same boat as your friend. clueless. haha. will send out an email later. :) 

i'm sure this is misunderstanding situation. 😅 not meant to be sassy or attitude. i'm really asking for help. I'm sorry if you think that way. maybe the way you read my posts makes you think that way. thanks a lot for the example. really appreciate it. gonna use that template/format. 

thanks a lot man. :D  sometimes when we chat online, we didnt know the exact intonation of someone. it can be mad/happy with the same words. thank youu for you explanation. i'm in the same boat as your friend. clueless. haha. will send out an email later. :) 

Alrighty, could have misunderstood. Send that email, sooner the better because it seems like warner won't send them this month (and sadly not in december but we'll see)

8 hours ago, PeppePark said:

My thoughts were based on Strangers "jumping into photos/invoice" sentence thus I said about people taking advantage. Nothing to be debated on futher I think. Also I gave him the exact email I have sent thus my question what else does he need. If you guys want I can send a screenshot it really did the thing haha or maybe all answers from warner are automated? Nevermind, of course I'll update you all if i hear back!

Got my replacements.

The DVDs are fixed.

The lithograph looks slightly better than before but still blurry. Do they not look at those things and check if they fixed the problem? Or is that actually the quality Mike intended the print to look like?

The backstage pass is now laminated but the cut out to put it on a lanyard or whatever isn't part of the backstage pass itself anymore but instead they extended the laminated plastic and did the cut out there, so still a minor difference to the US version (but at least it is properly laminated now, so it's all good).

57 minutes ago, Coizu said:

Got my replacements.

The DVDs are fixed.

The lithograph looks slightly better than before but still blurry. Do they not look at those things and check if they fixed the problem? Or is that actually the quality Mike intended the print to look like?

The backstage pass is now laminated but the cut out to put it on a lanyard or whatever isn't part of the backstage pass itself anymore but instead they extended the laminated plastic and did the cut out there, so still a minor difference to the US version (but at least it is properly laminated now, so it's all good).

I am myself wondering if the litho is fuzzy because of the spray paint look. But until I have full on confirmation I am not buying it.

5 minutes ago, rd1994 said:

I am myself wondering if the litho is fuzzy because of the spray paint look. But until I have full on confirmation I am not buying it.

The way it is blurred looks like compression artifacts to me so I wouldn't be surprised if at some point in the whole process files got mixed up or converted in a wrong way and what we got is the result of that.

30 minutes ago, JediAHoles said:

I also got an email that they would be sending out those replacements in the 'near future'. But I guess that will still take them a while, since I am yet to get any tracking number for the package.

They didn't send a tracking number to me. I don't think they do that at all. You will just get a package.

On 11/14/2020 at 8:13 AM, Coizu said:

I think it's not supposed to look like this, but we confirmed some time ago that the US lithograph is slightly blurry too. The EU version just looks worse.