Mike Shinoda #HybridTheory20 Unboxing Video

LPLStaff

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, jopevc said:

What does make you confident that its going to be Mark on vocals? And another question: what is the earliest version of "Rhinestone" with Chester on vocals? Is it the LPU12 version?

The thought process there is that there is almost certainly only one version of any professionally-recorded song with Mark, and a version of Rhinestone that matches this criteria was found on the Zomba New Music Sampler 1999 in January of this year. The track times are almost the same (3:44 on the sampler vs. 3:40 on HT20), so it should be the same version.

I think the LPU12 version is the earliest known version with Chester, and it's the only Chester demo of the song we have besides the Studio Finals version.

5 minutes ago, gorast said:

The thought process there is that there is almost certainly only one version of any professionally-recorded song with Mark, and a version of Rhinestone that matches this criteria was found on the Zomba New Music Sampler 1999 in January of this year. The track times are almost the same (3:44 on the sampler vs. 3:40 on HT20), so it should be the same version.

I think the LPU12 version is the earliest known version with Chester, and it's the only Chester demo of the song we have besides the Studio Finals version.

I saw on Linkinpedia that the LPU12 version dates from January 7, 2000. It would be weird, in my opinion, if there wasn´t a version of "Rhinestone" with Chester, prior to January 7, 2000. I think there´s quite the possibility that the version we will get has Chester on vocals. We will also getting "Stick N Move" and Mike didn´t referenced that it has Mark´s vocals

31 minutes ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

This is your Xero box set 

I don't think that they'll continue releasing more HT stuff

This is the end of that cycle. 

I don't think so myself but we can only hope we get atleast a live show on DVD or CD in the future. As for more unreleased demos from the xero era mabey something in the vein of nirvana's with the lights out boxset spanning the whole of the bands career may be an option in the future. One can only wish tho and believe me I'm more than happy with what we've got in this set

2 hours ago, jopevc said:

I saw on Linkinpedia that the LPU12 version dates from January 7, 2000. It would be weird, in my opinion, if there wasn´t a version of "Rhinestone" with Chester, prior to January 7, 2000. I think there´s quite the possibility that the version we will get has Chester on vocals. We will also getting "Stick N Move" and Mike didn´t referenced that it has Mark´s vocals

The Linkinpedia dates reference the dates listed on whatever CD the demos come from, so it's possible (likely, even) that the demo was made in 1999, and was the "canonical" one that they put on all their internal demo CDs. I don't think we really have perspective on how many versions of a given song were recorded, so there could be earlier versions that just didn't make it onto any of the internal CDs we got our hands on. I suppose there's no way to say with any certainty in either direction.

About Rhinestone, though, I'm pretty confident it's going to be a Mark version, given that it's labeled as a Xero demo, and the other three are all Mark demos. It would be a weird break from what that label implies if it's a Chester demo.

15 minutes ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

Seems like we are celebrating Mark's career, so much stuff with him on vocals 

He was awful i just wished that everything was Chester vocals. 

He was part of the band’s history too... awful singer or not. I don’t think 3 songs is a lot. I’m personally looking forward to hearing Esaul with his vocals. I’m wondering if Mike’s verses are the same as the LPU11 demo or different. 

42 minutes ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

3 songs againts 2 albums, 1 EP, a lot of demos and B-sides, 3 live shows, and 1 DVD. don't seem like celebrating Mark's carrer that much tbh.

Yeah i know he is not Chester but who the fuck cares? Like it or not they wrote some songs with him that end up on HT, and they are still friends with him.

Also i doubt anyone beside the people here would here those songs more than 2 or 3 times

6 hours ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

3 songs out of a 5 cd + 3 dvd  boxet? I get you don't like the guy on vocals, but is it necessary to be so exaggerated and dramatic?

52 minutes ago, linkin_boss said:

3 songs out of a 5 cd + 3 dvd  boxet? I get you don't like the guy on vocals, but is it necessary to be so exaggerated and dramatic?

Yup you are right 

I was just drinking and texting 

Bad combination 

I always pictured that Dialate was a demo w Chester since it's track 1

Can't wait for the release 

13 hours ago, jopevc said:

If the version that we are getting has Chester on vocals, why is it called a "Xero Demo"? Wasn't Linkin Park called Hybrid Theory by the time they recorded Rhinestone with Chester?

13 hours ago, gorast said:

About Rhinestone, though, I'm pretty confident it's going to be a Mark version, given that it's labeled as a Xero demo, and the other three are all Mark demos. It would be a weird break from what that label implies if it's a Chester demo.

Oh yeah, you right about that! Well, let´s just wait until October 9th

I'm really glad we got this video from Mike, always nice to see some more content from him.

And we got to take a look at the Hybrid Theory EP vinyl. To be honest, I was kind of hoping I would look more like this fan-made concept (idk, i just really like the back cover of the EP):

hybrid_theory_ep__vinyl_fanmade__by_aber

But still, finally getting HT EP is such a big deal to me and I'm so excited about it.

2 hours ago, berryaaron11 said:

If the version that we are getting has Chester on vocals, why is it called a "Xero Demo"? Wasn't Linkin Park called Hybrid Theory by the time they recorded Rhinestone with Chester?

The band changed their name when Chester joined. The more I think the more I agree with you guys, the demos that Mike referenced to have Mark on vocals have (xero demo) on the name. And "Pictureboard" doesn´t have that, even tho it´s from the xero era, and has Chester on vocals! It looks like that the xero demos that have on the name "(xero demo)" are xero demos with Mark. The ones that don´t have that are demos with Chester´s vocals.

14 hours ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

I hope there's more official/unofficial Mark's tracks (love him, no irony) so this guy or anyone that constantly, for no reason, keeps bringing Mark down because his name wasn't Chester Charles Bennington, can keep acting like a 5 year old.

2 hours ago, JediAHoles said:

I'm really glad we got this video from Mike, always nice to see some more content from him.

And we got to take a look at the Hybrid Theory EP vinyl. To be honest, I was kind of hoping I would look more like this fan-made concept (idk, i just really like the back cover of the EP):

hybrid_theory_ep__vinyl_fanmade__by_aber

But still, finally getting HT EP is such a big deal to me and I'm so excited about it.

I'm 100% thankful that they decided to use the original '99 artwork with the scary baby, always loved that design way more than the LPU '01 re-release. But I guess they used the remasters and not the original tracks.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

13 minutes ago, SFNL14 said:

Yeah ☹️ Wish it had the new art though, but oh well. Also, why isn't there a CD bundle like the digital one???

probably they wanna make it exclusive-only for Box Set. wish they have separate vinyl release for the "B-Sides Rarities". just noticed that's the exclusive stuff for "Vinyl Box Set". 

anyway, 2 weeks to go! but gonna get mine a bit late. shipping/processing take time

Idk if someone has already noted this, but it strikes me as weird that there's no live version of Reading My Eyes in the release. Seems like if they were gonna include the Mark Xero version, they would also treat fans who are hearing it for the first time to hearing Chester's take on it live.