Hybrid Theory 20th Anniversary Release

LPLStaff

12 minutes ago, Diaux said:

Everyone is throwing some really good ideas. but nobody mention more rehearsal footage, I'm not believing that Esaul was the only song recorded in video that day (The one that came as a bonus on the Frat Party DVD).

I doubt that we gonna see the ostrich tapes cause i don't think the band is stupid to pay like 10K for that. but i'm sure they recorded more stuff themselves.

Also getting OSC from the BBC Radio session would be cool if that exist

Isn't Ostrich the guy who was charging one price, but then abruptly raised it by like a few hundred percent when he realized there was real interest in the footage?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Justin said:

Isn't Ostrich the guy who was charging one price, but then abruptly raised it by like a few hundred percent when he realized there was real interest in the footage?

Yeah, Marc Ostrick, for the Lockout documentary.
He wanted like over $10.000 lmao.

Imagine the band was able to get the full thing to release it, it would be huge!

29 minutes ago, Justin said:

Yes, he is the guy who recorded some footage in 1999, i get it that he want money but at this point nobody is gonna buy it  he just went full greedy mode and it screw it up for himself imo

1 hour ago, Diaux said:

Everyone is throwing some really good ideas. but nobody mention more rehearsal footage, I'm not believing that Esaul was the only song recorded in video that day (The one that came as a bonus on the Frat Party DVD).

I doubt that we gonna see the ostrich tapes cause i don't think the band is stupid to pay like 10K for that. but i'm sure they recorded more stuff themselves.

Also getting OSC from the BBC Radio session would be cool if that exist

Stupid for paying 10k? Dude they are millionaires and they belong to WB they can pay that in a heartbeat. 

Of course Ostrich will sell it for even more now that Chester is gone and the footage is from 99 vefy rare and unique. 

Ostrich owns the material he can put the price that he wants. 

$50k now that Chester passed. 

LP isn’t paying anyone $50k for an hour or less of footage when they have hours of their own rehearsal footage. They’re businessmen, they aren’t stupid. 

Ostrick blew it with the HT thing now because if he had a fair price he’d probably get an offer from someone. 

55 minutes ago, JZLP said:

Stupid for paying 10k? Dude they are millionaires and they belong to WB they can pay that in a heartbeat. 

Yes they can, is a good idea? i don't know.

Of course Ostrich will sell it for even more now that Chester is gone and the footage is from 99 vefy rare and unique. 

Of course and thats shitty as fuck, capitalizing on a dead person is not good in my opinion...

Ostrich owns the material he can put the price that he wants. 

Yeah he record it and the band wasn't in a label at the time he has the full right to it, but i don't think change the price in the middle of a deal says good things about him.

Maybe i'm wrong on this and thats the way people handle things like that 

Edited by Diaux

3 hours ago, xeroboi said:

Swear mike said Chester didn't sing over those tracks 

Hmm, nope. Chester did record his vocal on those tracks and send the tape right back to Mike and that's the reason why he come for audition later. the rest is history. 

3 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

If we end up getting studio version of Reading My Eyes with Chester and Stick and Move that'd be fucking dope.

i'm 99% sure we will get it soon. imagine the vocal. omg. 

16 minutes ago, mrfox said:

When do you think it will be released or was possible release date 03/2020 postponed because of covid-19?

most probably closer to the original release date for Hybrid Theory. Maybe Q3/Q4?

1 hour ago, mrfox said:

When do you think it will be released or was possible release date 03/2020 postponed because of covid-19?

No, I don’t think the release date was ever going to be 3/20, even though obviously I know what you were getting at. I think the release was always planned to be in late 2020, because HT was released in October of 2000.

Maybe I’ll be in the minority on this, but moving it up to March to match Chester’s birthday is one of those things that would have felt weird to me. Would have been a nice sentiment I guess, but it also would have been blatantly using Chester’s birthday as a  marketing tactic to sell more albums, and they don’t need to do that. HT will sell on its own merits, without LP being like “Celebrate Chester’s birthday with us by buying this package!” Lol

Edited by Justin

On HT 20th anniversary's day I think they will announce something about their future too. something like "this person is our new singer" or "our new album will come out that day and we will work without a new singer"

On 5/7/2020 at 5:54 AM, mazoku said:

Exactly that. A one-off Hybrid Theory Anniversary show with a variety of singers.

Obviously it's awesome that they are working on new stuff, but I think I would rather have a special Hybrid Theory show with guests over nothing at all, especially since the band might not have settled on exactly what the future looks like singer-wise yet.

I asked Mike about the chance of a Xero reunion during one of his life streams and he said no.

Remember guys, they have asked fans for everything HT related, from ticket stubs, magazine clippings/cuttings, photos etc. to live video footage! I guess these images will be used in some sort of an art book?! and promotional posters!

11 hours ago, michalangelo said:

Remember guys, they have asked fans for everything HT related, from ticket stubs, magazine clippings/cuttings, photos etc. to live video footage! I guess these images will be used in some sort of an art book?! and promotional posters!

i imagine it'll be like Metallica releases. pages of collage with posters, ticket stubs and more. 

3 hours ago, xeroboi said:

Can't wait to hear she couldn't in better quality 

i know right? proper releases of "She Couldn't" will be great. once it release on streaming platform, people worldwide will listen to it for the first time (not for hardcore fans obviously).

4 hours ago, xeroboi said:

Can't wait to hear she couldn't in better quality 

36 minutes ago, Stranger said:

i know right? proper releases of "She Couldn't" will be great. once it release on streaming platform, people worldwide will listen to it for the first time (not for hardcore fans obviously).

I wonder what is going to happen with the sample, if they are going to clear it or just delete it from the song

Edited by Diaux

1 hour ago, Diaux said:

I wonder what is going to happen with the sample, if they are going to clear it or just delete it from the song

For She Couldn't, they might just pay to get it cleared to keep the song in tact. It would sound weird without the "Won't be long 'til everybody knows" part, and She Couldn't is so well known by now among hardcore fans that they may pay to get it cleared, knowing they'll more than make up for that with sales lol

She Couldn't without the sample wouldn't be a big deal because anybody who wanted to could grab the same clip from B-Boy Document '99 and edit it into the song in like 5 minutes if they wanted to. I'm more curious about what would potentially happen with Pictureboard since we don't have a previous reference point for what it's "supposed" to sound like.

On 5/10/2020 at 11:21 AM, Justin said:

No, I don’t think the release date was ever going to be 3/20, even though obviously I know what you were getting at. I think the release was always planned to be in late 2020, because HT was released in October of 2000.

Maybe I’ll be in the minority on this, but moving it up to March to match Chester’s birthday is one of those things that would have felt weird to me. Would have been a nice sentiment I guess, but it also would have been blatantly using Chester’s birthday as a  marketing tactic to sell more albums, and they don’t need to do that. HT will sell on its own merits, without LP being like “Celebrate Chester’s birthday with us by buying this package!” Lol

I don't even see the relevance in trying to tie this to a significant date to Chester when it's an album anniversary. This was going to happen in some form this year whether Chester was still here or not. Not everything Linkin Park does from now until the end of time has to exist inside a bubble of being a memorial to Chester. I'm sure there will be some stuff that serves as a tribute to him in the package, but that's not the reason the entire project exists.

Edited by Astat