Hybrid Theory 20th Anniversary Release

LPLStaff

That's what I'm saying. The date wouldn't have been 3/20 specifically because this isn't a memorial release for Chester. It's the 20 year anniversary of LP's debut (and most successful) album. It'll be dedicated to him probably, but there was no way the 20th anniversary of HT would have ever just passed by without a release of some kind, regardless of the circumstances.

My question now is: Do we think the rest of their albums will have a 20th anniversary release of some kind as they start coming around in the future? Or is this only a thing because it's Hybrid Theory?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, Justin said:

My question now is: Do we think the rest of their albums will have a 20th anniversary release of some kind as they start coming around in the future? Or is this only a thing because it's Hybrid Theory?

I got a feeling METEORA might get this kind of release since it's not far away to their 20th anniversary but for the rest, still long way to go. For Metallica, they didn't care much bout anniversary. when they start out with Kill Em All & Ride the Lightning, it's for the 33rd and 32nd anniversary respectively. maybe they'll plan to release it earlier than waiting till 10th or 20th anniversary.

6 hours ago, Hahninator said:

20 seems like a great number for LP to do it for each album. Lots of money there to be made, which is a driving force behind it all. I'd buy all of the editions.

*Sean Dowdell screams in distance*

Now that I have disposable income, I'd love to upgrade my collection with really nice 20 year sets

• 4 weeks later...

I'll happily take a huge 20th anniversary boxset for all the albums along with as many rarities boxsets Warner want to release. Hell they can include everything that's already surfaced if they want just so I can have it in physical format