'Lying From You' Live Debut on Digital Streaming

LPLStaff

1 minute ago, GarretLP said:

Warner didn’t want those EPIC shows in Europe 2008 coming out. Even though they were amazing. Omg so many epic countries and shows and sets.  I would do unspeakable things for a DSP of Dublin 2008 or Athens 2008.

Is there any reason behind that? or the label just say fuck those show

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Berlin 2008 looked like an epic one too. That entire European Tour. I have no idea why they didn't release that tour. They recorded the shows of course. Epic setlists... I hope we get them someday. Remember they came back around and released Australia/NZ 2007 later? They need to do that with Europe summer 2008.

I don't think that's a label decision to just say "fuck selling one tour", probably the band's management decided that for some reason.

6 minutes ago, sominus said:

I think it still takes time. Miracles can happen. In the few years I've been watching LPlive of those miracles, a lot has come ... From 2000.09.05 West Hollywood to Bristow 2004 ...

Yeah but those aren’t officially released shows. The DSP’s are 100% in the hands of the label and only they can release it. And they never will because they only care about absolute max profit. Something from 2008 - especially live recordings - are something that they will never care about.

It seems more complicated than just blaming one part of everyone involved. But again, that doesn't justify the fact that many shows didn't get a proper release, from London 2001, PR02-04, to Japan 2006, Europe 08... even that supposedly Fort Minor show in LA if we're being more open. Money isn't an issue anymore, you don't need to waste it on manufacturing CD's like 15 years ago, you can just release it digitally without a problem.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

On 6/15/2019 at 3:45 AM, Astat said:

Drinking game: Take a shot every time Geki baselessly blames Warner for something.

Another guy who loves Warner and doesn't want to hear old school shows I guess.

On 6/16/2019 at 6:45 PM, GarretLP said:

Another guy who loves Warner and doesn't want to hear old school shows I guess.

Or maybe he is just saying that because you always blame Warner without having any idea if it's even Warners fault or it was the decision of someone else. You always assume that Warner is to blame for every single decision you don't like without any proof.

For DSPs we had other reasons before, like the venue prohibiting it. So there are probably 100000s of reasons out there that don't include Warner at all.

I'm curious about what percentage of LP's live shows were recorded, knowing that so much of their performances are allegedly taped by the band. Between those archives and the likely hundreds of hard drives of studio demos, I can't even imagine how much we haven't heard over the years. Hopefully everyone will find a way for us to hear things. It would be a cool incentive to release an old show yearly (is monthly too greedy?) through the LPU if the plan is to keep that going in the future. Even if it's just streaming, like the LPU CD's, it's better than nothing!

13 hours ago, erichoholic2k1 said:

I'm curious about what percentage of LP's live shows were recorded, knowing that so much of their performances are allegedly taped by the band. Between those archives and the likely hundreds of hard drives of studio demos, I can't even imagine how much we haven't heard over the years. Hopefully everyone will find a way for us to hear things. It would be a cool incentive to release an old show yearly (is monthly too greedy?) through the LPU if the plan is to keep that going in the future. Even if it's just streaming, like the LPU CD's, it's better than nothing!

Literally every single show PR07-now, at least 1-5 shows per tour before that 2001-mid 2007. Every LPU 2003 show or close to it. Lots of shows, some from every tour. Pooch talked about that when we did our interview with him, he says the live vault is substantial but not absolutely massive.

We will get some stuff someday.

We probably won’t see any live releases from anything unless the band reforms and does shows again. Can’t see them putting out anything live from 2017 and prior at this point. OML Live was probably the last release we will get from the Chester years. Sucks because there is a lot in the vaults. I don’t want tons or shows even. Just some full shows from which they have released songs from. Like Chiba 2006, Tampa 2004, Milan 2003, San Diego 2002, Wantagh 2001, maybe Live 8, etc. Chiba 2006 would be the show that I would want the most. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2019 at 9:20 PM, lpliveusername said:

Pretty sure it's Warner. The label thought the DSP program wasn't getting them enough profit, so it made no sense for them to release older shows either.

According to Mike, the entire band hates the song.

Is there a source for this that the entire band hates the song? It's a bummer to hear that my favourite song of LP is the one they hate the most lol

• 4 years later...
On 6/11/2019 at 8:54 AM, sominus said:

When you speculate about the origins of Easier To Run, have you thought about the origin of From The Inside from the LPU tour? Several times I compared the Hamburg 2003.02.27 audience record with the official LPU tour record and there are different:
- beginning of Phase 1 - Brad plays guitar for a while instead of keyboard melody
- in bridge Chester's scream sounds different than LPU record
- at the end of the bridge at the words "I won't trust myself with you" Chester's voice intonation sounds like it should end the song

So both recordings are not identical.

PS: I apologize for my poor English and ignorance of musical terms.

Going back through these live versions since 2007 is giving us such trouble. @martinez in 2019 when the digital streaming was updated temporarily with the track locations, did From the Inside ever say Hamburg? Because it is not from Hamburg 2003.

9 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Going back through these live versions since 2007 is giving us such trouble. @martinez in 2019 when the digital streaming was updated temporarily with the track locations, did From the Inside ever say Hamburg? Because it is not from Hamburg 2003.

I found no info in any databases. Also have checked many digital stores via web archive without any results.

15 hours ago, bloodbath said:

Then, when was From the Inside recorded?

This is what digital stores had for the Meteora bonus tracks in 2019:

Lying from You (Live at Alcatraz, Milan, IT, 2/23/2003 - LP Underground Tour)
From the Inside (Live UK/US 2003 - LP Underground Tour)
Easier to Run (Live from the Carling Apollo Theatre, Manchester, England, 3/7/2003 - LP Underground Tour)