'Lying From You' Live Debut on Digital Streaming

LPLStaff

Linkin Park recently went through and updated all of their online streaming platforms with dates for almost all of their live performances.

Despite a few errors with dates being flubbed and songs being attributed incorrectly to the wrong show, we seem to have a date for the version of 'Lying From You' that appears on the digital "Meteora (Bonus Edition)".

The reason we've never been able to match the show it's from is because it simply is from one of the few shows of the LP Underground 2003 Tour that we don't have a recording for. The band has updated the track to say that it is from February 23, 2003 in Milan, Italy. It looks like LP recorded all of, if not most of, that entire tour since individual songs have been released from five different shows.

This is the first performance of the Meteora touring cycle, and was Linkin Park's first show in nearly a year. At this show, they debuted the following tracks from Meteora: 'Session', 'Foreword', 'Don't Stay', 'Somewhere I Belong', 'Lying From You', 'Faint', 'From The Inside', 'Hit The Floor', and 'Easier To Run'. While 'Breaking The Habit' was rehearsed, it was not performed until fall 2003.

With all of the updates done to streaming, this was the only track we were unsure of the date for. For a list of all live releases by the band, check out Linkinpedia.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, extremely badass news. I remember when everyone used to wonder what show it was from. Really cool it's from Milan.

What about ETR and FTI? Seems they have been updated too but don't provide a venue.

Edited by GarretLP

Just now, GarretLP said:

Wow, extremely badass news. I remember when everyone used to wonder what show it was from. Really cool it's from Milan.

Would be a great show (Milan) to put with a Meteora box set one day. Or, pull a Metallica and release several shows from the touring cycle in the box set. Milan 2003, the Kimmel set, Reading 2003, an arena 2004 show, and a Projekt Rev 2004 show on varying formats (CD and vinyl). Met has 11 CDs of stuff in their album reissues. And a video show from RAR04 officially released would be nice.

1 hour ago, LPLStaff said:

Would be a great show (Milan) to put with a Meteora box set one day. Or, pull a Metallica and release several shows from the touring cycle in the box set. Milan 2003, the Kimmel set, Reading 2003, an arena 2004 show, and a Projekt Rev 2004 show on varying formats (CD and vinyl). Met has 11 CDs of stuff in their album reissues. And a video show from RAR04 officially released would be nice.

I want that Milan show in full badly. Or any show from the initial LPU tour in full since it was the first performances ever for Meteora. I love first tours/performances (like the OML one prior to May 2017).

3 hours ago, LPMaskMan said:

Lying From You is same as the Faint single CD1. Easier to Run is same as Numb CD2. From The Inside is same ad Numb CD1.

Nailed it. Only the dates are new for some of them.

1 hour ago, PeppePark said:

Is the audio version from Easier To Run from Worcester too, or just the footage from LPU 4?

Looks like they claim the audio is from Manchester and the video is from Worcester. When we researched it (many years ago) we determined the audio was a mix of the two shows. Gladly will take another look on this one.

The LPU 4 video has at least two shows, and I'm pretty sure the footage of Chester in a short-sleeve white shirt is from Worcester, MA, on 3/11/03. I was at that show :)

If LP did in fact record the entire LPU tour, or even a couple shows, my fingers are crossed we'll eventually get "Hit the Floor" in better quality than what's out there too!

On 6/10/2019 at 11:14 AM, erichoholic2k1 said:

The LPU 4 video has at least two shows, and I'm pretty sure the footage of Chester in a short-sleeve white shirt is from Worcester, MA, on 3/11/03. I was at that show :)

If LP did in fact record the entire LPU tour, or even a couple shows, my fingers are crossed we'll eventually get "Hit the Floor" in better quality than what's out there too!

That would be great to have, HTF in this quality. One can dream. I’d love it if the band could release one of these LPU Tour shows to us somehow. I’d gladly pay.

On 6/9/2019 at 2:53 PM, LPLStaff said:

Would be great. Or a PR02 show in HQ.... the same one that they used for Step Up and My December on the SIB single maybe?

Edited by GarretLP

20 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Looks like they claim the audio is from Manchester and the video is from Worcester. When we researched it (many years ago) we determined the audio was a mix of the two shows. Gladly will take another look on this one.

I've been under the impression for 15 years that the audio is just from Worcester. It matches up as far as I can tell.

The video is from multiple shows. Clothes change from shot to shot, etc.

6 hours ago, Astat said:

I've been under the impression for 15 years that the audio is just from Worcester. It matches up as far as I can tell.

Listen to the very beginning, before the song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnYoGUNsOSA&t=2700s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCOudbdYQ1E

I've compared the video with the audience recordings we have and Manchester is the only one that fits. In Worcester, it was Chester who talked to the crowd before the song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foD97fjM0kc

Not sure about the rest of the track, but I think it's just from Manchester.

Edit:

It's listed as Manchester here.

When you speculate about the origins of Easier To Run, have you thought about the origin of From The Inside from the LPU tour? Several times I compared the Hamburg 2003.02.27 audience record with the official LPU tour record and there are different:
- beginning of Phase 1 - Brad plays guitar for a while instead of keyboard melody
- in bridge Chester's scream sounds different than LPU record
- at the end of the bridge at the words "I won't trust myself with you" Chester's voice intonation sounds like it should end the song

So both recordings are not identical.

PS: I apologize for my poor English and ignorance of musical terms.

3 hours ago, sominus said:

When you speculate about the origins of Easier To Run, have you thought about the origin of From The Inside from the LPU tour? Several times I compared the Hamburg 2003.02.27 audience record with the official LPU tour record and there are different:
- beginning of Phase 1 - Brad plays guitar for a while instead of keyboard melody
- in bridge Chester's scream sounds different than LPU record
- at the end of the bridge at the words "I won't trust myself with you" Chester's voice intonation sounds like it should end the song

So both recordings are not identical.

PS: I apologize for my poor English and ignorance of musical terms.

Your English is perfect. Great points here, you are right. It looks like they are both mixed from multiple shows. Or maybe FTI is just a separate show entirely.

Whatever the reason, the band made a collective decision to not broadcast those songs. Perhaps they felt that those were the weakest Meteora songs in a live setting. They aren't in any broadcast or release, until they put Easier to Run on the singles, LPU 4, and out digitally so they must have changed their mind slightly on that one.

They were also the songs dropped the fastest from the live show, neither made it past two tours for Meteora and were completely gone after Projekt Revolution 2003, being replaced by the much better live tracks Numb and Figure.09. I think that gives some evidence that they didn't think too highly of Easier to Run or Hit the Floor live, because they didn't play them past the first arena tour on the album.

Still, that does it mean there's a lot of official unreleased DSP's from 2001-2006, I don't think because they dislike 1 or 2 songs from an album they haven't released more live perfomances to the public yet, I guess it's just because laziness? Or Warner? I don't know.

15 minutes ago, KlaytonShinoda said:

Still, that does it mean there's a lot of official unreleased DSP's from 2001-2006, I don't think because they dislike 1 or 2 songs from an album they haven't released more live perfomances to the public yet, I guess it's just because laziness? Or Warner? I don't know.

Pretty sure it's Warner. The label thought the DSP program wasn't getting them enough profit, so it made no sense for them to release older shows either.

6 minutes ago, sominus said:

I thing, Phoenix hate Easier To Run.

According to Mike, the entire band hates the song.

28 minutes ago, sominus said:

I thing, Phoenix hate Easier To Run.

Yeah Chester said that Phoenix hated ETR. Lol. Idk it didn’t sound that bad live. But I can see why they stopped using it after PR03. HTF could have became good sounding if they had kept it around. I can picture it being epic on PR04 with Chester’s screaming at that point. Funnily enough, Chester said during an interview in 2017 that he has been listening to HTF and wanted to play it again.

Edited by GarretLP

4 minutes ago, Diaux said:

Damn would be awesome if they release a DSP of 2006 or at least one of the shows from 2008 with reading my eyes

Warner didn’t want those EPIC shows in Europe 2008 coming out. Even though they were amazing. Omg so many epic countries and shows and sets.  I would do unspeakable things for a DSP of Dublin 2008 or Athens 2008.

Edited by GarretLP