2018.05.12 - Los Angeles, CA (KROQ Weenie Roast + Identity LA)

RogueSoul

OMG I just listened to Sorry For Now and it sounds horrible. Now I know why they never played it when Chester was alive. He is really struggling to sing the chorus and shit. And he sounded horrible on Chester's verse. Chester was much better. Maybe he really isn't as good of a singer as I thought. Sorry For Now is extremely easy to sing, it shouldn't be any struggle at all. But is clearly is. Maybe they will have to just outright replace Chester and shit. Won't have support from me but it looks like 99.9% of people are like fuck Chester so yeah.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Setlist page needs a fix.. Papercut into over again is not a Mashup it's just a transition.

We already had a discussion about this in the team chat and figured Over Again/Papercut is best. After the 'Papercut' part was over it went back into the end of 'Over Again.'

We already had a discussion about this in the team chat and figured Over Again/Papercut is best. After the 'Papercut' part was over it went back into the end of 'Over Again.'

+1

I prefer it labelled as "Over Again / Papercut" (eventhough in Mike's setlist is split song)

Yeah if Linkin Park wants to play the old hits when they get back to touring they'll need another singer. As interesting as the vocoder part on Papercut was and how well it fit with Mike's show I can't imagine him doing that with the traditional Papercut instrumental behind it. Add in how weak Mike sounded on the chorus of Bleed It Out (something I thought he could do without issue) and I think another more powerful singer or severely limiting the presence of older songs are the only ways to go forward with it still sounding like a Linkin Park show (IE not completely revamping songs a la Mike's Papercut). Personally I would like to see them continue as a five piece in the studio at least. A touring vocalist wouldn't be the end of the world in my opinion but I don't know how I'd feel seeing someone else brought in to sing on an album.

Who knows though. It's still really painful to see Mike doing some of these songs without Chester and I don't know if that'll ever go away personally.

It's still really painful to see Mike doing some of these songs without Chester and I don't know if that'll ever go away personally.

The first time he played Over Again...man there were so much pain in his eyes and voice you could feel it. Definitely one of the hardest songs to perfom.

btw he is probably able to perform Papercut in its standard version. Her partly sang the bridge at the Hollywood Bowl show, so I guess that he doesn't need that voice changing thing.

Edited by LinkInThePark

I'd much rather take subpar but competent vocals from Mike than bring a new guy in for Chester's parts.

Yesterday showed that (to me at least) Mike and the band may not be as restricted with what they can or can not play.

Edited by HybridParty

Maybe they will have to just outright replace Chester and shit. Won't have support from me but it looks like 99.9% of people are like fuck Chester so yeah.

Literally not one person is saying "fuck Chester". Anybody that said that would have absolutely no place here on this site and they would have no right to even call themselves an LP fan.

I don't think I would have any interest at all in LP's future if they replace Chester with someone else. That's the only solution I would be actively against, honestly.

Also, one performance isn't a good indicator of anything. Chester himself had off nights where he would struggle to hit certain notes, and then he would bounce back better than ever. It happens.

This was also his second show of the day while also being his one of his first ever solo performances (he did a few back in 2015 as Fort Minor, but circumstances are definitely way different now). I agree that some of the songs didn't sound great (BIO chorus is sort of rough, SFN was a bit of a struggle etc.), but dude is doing great otherwise, all things considered.

The best from the show:

When They Come For Me!!!!!
Waiting For The End/Where'd You Go!!!!
Over Again/Papercut!!!!

As for SFN, well, I don't know, maybe background vocals in verses would help him. He sings CAL a lot way better, than SFN.

As far as I’m concerned he has no place playing anything off of MTM, Meteora or HT. The rest I don’t care about but cmon.

Well he does whatever the fuck he wants with his songs, whether you like it or not.

As far as I’m concerned he has no place playing anything off of MTM, Meteora or HT. The rest I don’t care about but cmon.

Why, because other people helped write those songs? Would you be complaining if Chester played something from LT, THP, or OML at a solo show? Why should LP as a whole have been allowed to play Invisible? That was all Mike and people not in the band! Were you upset when LP covered Wish or My Own Summer or Rolling In The Deep? They didn't write those songs either. Cmon man

The best from the show:

When They Come For Me!!!!!

Waiting For The End/Where'd You Go!!!!

Over Again/Papercut!!!!

This. Plus Place To Start and Watching As I Fall. The beginning of the set is just epic. Have to disagree about SFN though, I actually thought he did a great job.

just ignore Geki, he comes, stirs the pot, negates all he ever said, says he's going to go away, disappears for a minute, comes back, then repeat lol

Is there a download link yet for the Weenie Roast set?

Edited by loulax07

Thanks. I hope theres a cleaner recording of this show without some chick singing along with Mike

Which show you mean? KROQ or Identity LA?

The link that I gave you was for KROQ, it's from proshot livestream.