2018.05.12 - Los Angeles, CA (KROQ Weenie Roast + Identity LA)

RogueSoul

The setlist is a lot better than the 2015 shows i think. Well i liked high voltage and cigarettes there. But wow. ITE piano really was tragic :(

About you, over again, papercut in a row is awesome. Mike showing he can do the LP shows when he's ready, making a big statement with the LP songs in the set. Keeping the memory of Chester alive in the sets which is why we all wants. Where'd you go piano sounded awesome.

Interested to see whole set. Maybe more live debuts.

It took a lot to get back on stage. He even said it was hard to do a part of that set. I'm stoked he's back out and I'd love to see the show.

ITE made me pretty bummed watching it. Still a hard deal for many of us. He's the only person i want to do the LP music anyway though.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst crowd that've never seen. Mike, come to Europe. What a fucking dull people.

This is the dumbest take and your typo really says it all because if you opened your eyes for two seconds you'd see that the crowd was clearly into it. They're not gonna mosh at a KROQ festival dude.

Set sounded good to me, instrumentally felt a little sparse because it's all just Mike, but I'm sure he'll be tweaking things along the way.

So after see the show, I like it was an amazing show. many mixed feelings but I don't know, but it's me or the Linkin Park songs it sounds a little bit melancholic? That's what I felt.

You're right... my thoughts exactly. Listening to their music has a complete different feeling to me now. But I think that's why they work among Mike's new songs.

What a day. Almost forgot the thrill of the brilliant mind of Mike Shinoda and his setlists. From the KROQ show to the very end of Identity LA there was nothing but passion and gratitude. Incredible that it hasn't even been a year and we're seeing him onstage with just as much as fire and passion as ever before, if not more. And goddamn, 'Sorry For Now' live is something I've wanted from the very first time I heard the song. And the note he hit at the end of it, incredible. I've never been more proud to be a fan of someone. It's like watching one of your best friends succeed in a way they've dreamed about for so long. Mike has always been my favorite of Linkin Park, and while he's definitely no Chester (and never will be), he's Mike Shinoda and today I saw the man who inspires me every day find a new light today. And I've never been happier for him.

and just to recap something I said on Twitter:

The amount of strength it takes to get onstage not even a full year before a life-changing tragedy is unbelievable, and he showed that and more. Seeing him smile onstage is all we needed. Here's to what's to come.

Stayed up for the KROQ show and it was just awesome. Loved the set, Mike's performances and energy. I'm completely blown away by the Identity set! Haven't seen that show yet, but can't wait to see it. Sorry For Now!! :o :o :o

I uploaded the facebook live on youtube from Alexandra Larco Bazán

https://youtu.be/oy21WPlsQrQ

Thank you so much!
Edited by RickLPL

Stayed up for the KROQ show and it was just awesome. Loved the set, Mike's performances and energy. I'm completely blown away by the Identity set! Haven't seen that show yet, but can't wait to see it. Sorry For Now!! :o :o :o

Thank you so much!

No problem! :)

Do you think that the way he performed Papercut is a possible way to play it in 'future' LP shows (If there will be shows) ? Of course the instrumental will be the same but the way he tried the vocals.

Well, Mike Shinoda could possible do "Voconoda" to replace Chester´s screams! Just a thought.

Setlist page needs a fix.. Papercut into over again is not a Mashup it's just a transition.

For me the setlist is like this:

Over Again shortened (no outro)

Papercut transition intro, over again sample outro

Do you think that the way he performed Papercut is a possible way to play it in 'future' LP shows (If there will be shows) ? Of course the instrumental will be the same but the way he tried the vocals.

New singer is necessary. I think In The End chorus was pretty good, but Bleed It Out? It was terrible. Don't get me wrong, I love Mike, but it is too much for him. He has good voice, but Chester's vocal range was huge. Mike said he wanna play old stuff like One Step Closer etc. at shows. There are only two options - New singer or leave LP name and found a new band. I don't wanna be at shows with playback or crowd singing Chester's parts. That would be karaoke. Just my opinion.

New singer is necessary. I think In The End chorus was pretty good, but Bleed It Out? It was terrible. Don't get me wrong, I love Mike, but it is too much for him. He has good voice, but Chester's vocal range was huge. Mike said he wanna play old stuff like One Step Closer etc. at shows. There are only two options - New singer or leave LP name and found a new band. I don't wanna be at shows with playback or crowd singing Chester's parts. That would be karaoke. Just my opinion.

I accept your opinion. I will gladly take your place at any show you refuse to go to. Thanks :)

I don't think he will play 90 min sets. 50 is headlining length for him. Perfect tour set to me. Maybe 55 ish.

I'm like the exact opposite, i truly might have zero interest if they get a new singer. Couldn't think of anything worse lol. This is going to make so many people mad no matter what they do, but we will all have to get over it. It's their lives, not ours. Even though I'd be completely opposed to a new singer, that might be the route they go with. But i hope not.

Watching the Weenie Roast right now, it's incredibly emotional. It's tough watching him have to intentionally skip and transition around Chester's parts, and it must have been hard for Mike for create his setlist with that in the back of his mind consistently.

Proud of him for picking himself up and going solo, there's always going to be that part missing though, but it's not fair to keep dwelling on it.

I didn't like the vocals on Papercut, and i personally hope that isn't what he uses more of going forward. It's all up to Mike and the band though, I'll respect all decisions made

I don't think he will play 90 min sets. 50 is headlining length for him. Perfect tour set to me. Maybe 55 ish.

I'm like the exact opposite, i truly might have zero interest if they get a new singer. Couldn't think of anything worse lol. This is going to make so many people mad no matter what they do, but we will all have to get over it. It's their lives, not ours. Even though I'd be completely opposed to a new singer, that might be the route they go with. But i hope not.

What's your solution, Mark? Band has 7 albums and most of the stuff in terms of vocals was Chester. You just can't skip the biggest hits. Mike is not able to sing higher notes like Chester. Maybe for screams he can use that electronic voice effect from Papercut, but for clean singing in higher notes... there is no technology for that if we're talking about live shows.

Edited by FromTheInside