2018.05.12 - Los Angeles, CA (KROQ Weenie Roast + Identity LA)

RogueSoul

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope his set is more Mike Shinoda/Fort Minor. Didn’t expect or want to see a shit ton of Linkin Park songs. Save that for when actual Linkin Park gets back together to tour and write new music.

One phrase to describle the first show: A mix of feelings for me. I cried, smiled, felt good and bad... It was totally different. But fucking amazing... I want to see more of that. Can you imagine a set of 1 hour long with lpfan base attending on a small venue? That would be EPIC!!!

Edited by Felipeintheend

Our mans really took the audience for a walk :lol:

Seriously - that was epic. The confetti and steam cannons looked sick. The set was well chosen. The WFTE / WYG mash up was perfect. I was gleaming with pride throughout that whole performance. Well done Mike, now get your butt to New Zealand!

Something I just wanted to make note of here.

In my eyes, Papercut was by far the best song performed at the show (minus the voice bullshit during Chester's parts). It sounded like he slightly altered the beat a little bit to be a little more hip-hop, and Mike performed on it marvellously. Which makes me think, Mike is really good at mashing shit up and mixing shit up... LP can definitely go on without Chester and make all the old shit a little more hip-hop-centric and Mike can perform it no problem.

As much as I love and miss Chester, Mikes papercut was very enjoyable.

Didn’t care for it personally. I’ll probably get attacked for saying that. No hate or disrespect to Mike though for getting up there and doing it, etc. Really hated the Linkin Park performances. The Mike Shinoda and Fort Minor was OK, but I didn’t love it. So yeah. I might still go to a show if he did one in NYC but that’s prob it.

Didn’t care for it personally. I’ll probably get attacked for saying that. No hate or disrespect to Mike though for getting up there and doing it, etc. Really hated the Linkin Park performances. The Mike Shinoda and Fort Minor was OK, but I didn’t love it. So yeah. I might still go to a show if he did one in NYC but that’s prob it.

I don't think you should be attacked for saying that. You didn't say anything inappropriate. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

However I will say that once he mixed Bleed It Out with Good Goodbye of all songs, I immediately knew it wouldn't go over well with you lol

The worst crowd that've never seen. Mike, come to Europe. What a fucking dull people.

You have to realize that

1. The crowd was singing along to the parts they actually knew but you could barely hear them because the crowd is not mic'd up.

2. Festival crowds usually aren't very hype. They are often their for 1-3 specific artists and people don't get hyped until their act comes on.

3. Mike Shinoda is a rapper and he played at a rock festival. Sure he was a part of a rock band, but I doubt most Panic at the Disco and Blink-182 fans are there to see Mike Shinoda perform,

The worst crowd that've never seen. Mike, come to Europe. What a fucking dull people.

Bit of a dickish post, especially since Mike is going to Europe. Europe got a shit ton of Linkin Park, even got to see Chester's last tour ever, so the U.S. fans deserve this first, IMO. And it's Los Angeles, Mike's fucking home town. Not to mention that this was a webcast of not the greatest absolute quality, and wasn't mixed properly, etc. You can see the crowd singing along, getting into it. What the fuck more do you want them to do? Nobody knew what to expect at all and this isn't a Mike Shinoda show, it's a festival, so maybe not everyone there even knows the music. It also isn't a mosh type of concert like Linkin Park, which was a rock show basically. This is very different.

lol.

Classic "you can't see anyone moving on the stream, fuck the US"

Have we not learned after YEARS of livestreams that videos are not a good indication of an actual crowd? Grow up, guys. Why shit on a good show just because you think you can do better? Let people have a good time however they want to.

EDIT: Additional stream info for Identity LA. Streamer's saving their battery for Hoody, Jay Park, and Mike. If they don't make it to Mike's set we'll do our best to find Periscopes and keep the setlist updated. Keep your eyes on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/LPLive/status/995492449584865281

Hope his set is more Mike Shinoda/Fort Minor. Didn’t expect or want to see a shit ton of Linkin Park songs. Save that for when actual Linkin Park gets back together to tour and write new music.

How dare Mike Shinoda perform songs that he wrote. :rolleyes:

Pretty sure you weren't complaining about all the LP stuff in his solo sets a couple years ago. And besides, when/if LP gets back together you'll just complain about them doing it without Chester anyway.

Pretty sure you weren't complaining about all the LP stuff in his solo sets a couple years ago. And besides, when/if LP gets back together you'll just complain about them doing it without Chester anyway.

Who gives a fuck lol I live in the USA I can complain about whatever I want when I want

And you know what dude? Furher more, you can go f**k yourself. Linkin Park was SIX motherfucking people. Now it's five. Mike may have been the primary song writer but he didn't write every single thing ever recorded by Linkin Park. The other guys in the band helped out too and especially with earlier albums. So you're wrong, point blank. I bet you hate when people tell you that you're wrong. All you ever do is attack people, I've seen it time and time again with various people. And I'm allowed to say that I didn't like the set, which to me, was in a more respectful way than I have done in the past. You are allowed to not like something. Being a fan doesn't mean you have to love every single thing that an artists puts out. And people are allowed to express their opinions over something, especially something so fucking trivial. And so what if I complained about them doing it without Chester. I loved Chester. He was my hero. Do I think that it fucking sucks that he is gone and Linkin Park will have to go on without him? You can bet your ass I do. Will it be extremely hard for me to accept it and possibly not accept it? Yes it will. Not everything is so simple, especially something fucking huge like that. I know that a lot of fans have moved on and shit but I haven't, I'm still trying to. It hasn't even been a year since Chester died yet. Stuff is hard to accept.

Edited by Geki