One More Light: Live - December 15th

RogueSoul

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, I was going to see them, but then Chester's death happened, so this almost makes it up for me not getting to see them, and I think that's the idea the band had in mind

The band is so generous for doing this. They could of gone radio silent for an x amount of time

I wish I could have seen the band on this album cycle... As I mentioned before, I was going to 3 shows on the upcoming U.S. tour. Now I wish that I went to Las Vegas for that show at The Chelsea. :(

3 shows? damn.. that really hurts. i would've been crushed. Can't image how you felt when the news broke :(

A lot of people on social media think that the band keeps milking Chester’s death.

I could give a fuck about that, ha. The hardcore fans on the fansites seem to be reacting to this very positively. I do think they will do demos down the road for LPU, no doubt. I was going to see 4 shows on the OML tour, literally two weeks after Chester passed. And this is a great way for them to "make it up" (don't take that the wrong way because I'm not saying they owe us anything) to those of us who were going to see them on the OML tour but didn't get a chance to. And it's a present for those that DID get to see it.

In terms of what they were planning before Chester passed... they filmed London O2 Arena (I think now that's the longest show in the band's career with Chester. Someone correct me if I'm wrong) in blu-ray. That's the OML footage you see up close on the OML music video. That would have probably been a release. But they have also filmed (and Pooch confirmed he fully mixed) Beijing 2015 and Berlin 2014 for possible release.

You never know what they are going to do or not do, but at least LP prepares and films full shows each touring cycle. NOW I bet they are damn glad they recorded every live show in audio 2007-now (literally one full decade of LP + a LOT of stuff before 2007), and filmed/mixed quite a few shows in that span of time. Plus they've collected all the proshot footage from the festivals that LP didn't film themselves. Their vault must be insanely big.

Aaaaaand as time goes on I bet they really start releasing stuff to us. Because why not? The fans want more of Chester, we will gladly pay for it. Best singer of our generation, in my opinion. And of course casual fans or non LP fans will see it as a cash grab. I really don't care as I'd rather pay $20 for a DVD of Chester in great form live than for LP to not release anything to us. Release as much as possible, there's a huge fanbase/audience for this stuff that wants it.

It's also good they have all of this stuff in case LP takes a year or two break to recover and heal, before they make new music. Then they have just truckloads of live stuff they can give us (and maybe they start with Chester demos, song demos, etc).

tl/dr: I like it, I want as much as they are willing to give us, I'll buy the stuff no problem at all. As Geki said, them continually releasing stuff really honors Chester and helps the fanbase out in dealing with the loss IMO.

The FLIP SIDE to this is Linkin Park takes a huge hiatus, goes off the map entirely, does zero social media, zero releases, zero posting, zero news, zero anything. Nothing at all. Kind of like Soundgarden. Now how miserable would that be? Instead, we get a great live CD for Christmas from one of the best tours they ever did.

The true highlights of this release. I agree.

Absolutely agree, along with the fantastic 2017 version of LOATR.

BTW, I'm a bit sad because songs like The Catalyst or One Step Closer (the latter with a wonderful intro) are not included in this live release.

Edited by Radden

Predicting they pull a Live in Texas for LPU this year and the CD is just tracks that weren't on the live album. Something like:

01. The Catalyst

02. Wastelands

03. One Step Closer

04. Castle of Glass

05. Waiting for the End

06. Breaking the Habit

07. Somewhere I Belong

08. Points of Authority

09. Papercut

10. Faint

This is nice to see. Having an official record of the band's last tour with Chester is a good thing to release, I think.

I'm sure the band's been trying very hard to figure out the right balance between staying quiet and doing small things like this, or something larger like the tribute show. I'm certainly not expecting anything at all, so whatever happens is just a bonus. Things like this will continue to trickle out for the next few years.

I hope LP release Chester-related material for years and years to come, but this is an amazing surprise. I wondered if they would release a DSP of the final show, but a live album from the OML tour is about as good as it gets when it comes to satisfying the hardcore and casual fans all at once.

So greatful to know this will be mine in a month. I can't wait to listen to it and enjoy the live versions of the OML tracks, the ridiculously awesome LOATR, and look through the CD booklet.

#RIPchester

I saw them live for the first time just a month before Chester s death, so listening to this live cd will be like returning to that super hot day in June, I was tired as hell but was one of the best days in my life... #MakeChesterproud ( on a side note,it s too awesome to have Sharp Edges, NCSM and the LOATR fucking awesome version on a cd, oh and the GG alternative version that s 10000 better than the original one )

There should be a 2cds deluxe edition, don't understand WTH in 2017 someone needs release incomplete live cd? Especially in this situation. I would love to hear amazing RU intro and Catalyst in this quality. btw Crawling sounds beautiful, damn...