One More Light: Live - December 15th

RogueSoul

I think OML Live will still do fairly well, I would imagine. It might not hit #1, but it's hard to compete with some of those artists, especially Eminem. I think the LOATR 2017 version alone is grammy worthy (semi-kidding), but cmon, that song has so much meaning now, it's spoken to me more than any other song since July 20th because of the lyrics in the chorus. Gavin Rossdale even spoke about it recently in the press, saying it was really hard for him to sing the song because the lyrics relate so much to what happened with Chester. The ''don't resent me, and when you're feeling empty, keep me in your memory'' part in specific, IMO. Also the line ''pretending someone else can come and save me from myself'' is so haunting now. That song and BTH get to me the most now out of all. OML Live has a bunch of good songs, though.

Edited by Geki

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think OML Live will still do fairly well, I would imagine. It might not hit #1, but it's hard to compete with some of those artists, especially Eminem. I think the LOATR 2017 version alone is grammy worthy (semi-kidding), but cmon, that song has so much meaning now, it's spoken to me more than any other song since July 20th because of the lyrics in the chorus. Gavin Rossdale even spoke about it recently in the press, saying it was really hard for him to sing the song because the lyrics relate so much to what happened with Chester. The ''don't resent me, and when you're feeling empty, keep me in your memory'' part in specific, IMO. Also the line ''pretending someone else can come and save me from myself'' is so haunting now. That song and BTH get to me the most now out of all. OML Live has a bunch of good songs, though.

could you please share the Gavin interview?

Not to veer too much off topic, but part of me has wondered since July 20th if Chester wrote that song with the possibility in mind that things may end the way they did. Listening to that song now is heartbreaking but also strangely comforting. It's sad because Chester is gone, but that song to me says that he also wanted to comfort those that were left behind by saying to remember better times when you're feeling sad and "empty".

I agree that the song has so much meaning, and it's the first LP song that I listened to.. a couple of days after what happened.

Not to get too dark but he was obviously suicidal since at least 2005, so something like that isn't out of the realm of possibility at all.

But that's the beauty in it. Chester was able to take the demons he was struggling with, write beautiful music from his experiences, and it has helped countless people around the world. That's why it's so tragic, because he not only helped thousands via his music, but he was loved by so many more.

Not to get too dark but he was obviously suicidal since at least 2005, so something like that isn't out of the realm of possibility at all.

But that's the beauty in it. Chester was able to take the demons he was struggling with, write beautiful music from his experiences, and it has helped countless people around the world. That's why it's so tragic, because he not only helped thousands via his music, but he was loved by so many more.

I didn't want to post too much about it, but you're 100% right. Talinda said he left the house after heavily drinking in 2006 with a gun, etc. And Chester did MANY interviews around the time that DBS came out citing that he was suicidal in 2005 and 2006, etc. I found one DBS interview where he literally said ''I wanted to kill myself''...

He wasn't shy about it. Chester was always upfront. He let his fans and the world know that he had problems. But like LP once said, the demons are what attracted people, it was always in the cards. It's sad but I think a lot of the most influential voices of our musical generations always have had issues. Pain can be beautiful in ways and Chester was no exception of that. I remember in the From The Inside book, he said that writing lyrics that can relate to people from his own experiences was rewarding, or something like that. Well, Chester surely accomplished that goal, because he has helped millions of us. R.I.P. Chester. It gets me so emotional and depressed talking about our hero but at the same time, I feel like he would want us to remember him for helping us, etc, because he went through some problems, too, and he loved all of us, that's one thing you can say about Chester, is that he did love the fans a lot.

Edited by Geki

I wish they would release a live compilation like ''One More Light - Live Around The World'' or something, just the 8 songs they played from the album, with proper in and out fading, etc. like they did for the first 4 albums on iTunes, etc. Sometimes I like to listen to live stuff but only from the specific era. I suppose they could just use the 8 songs from this live album and do it but I hate when live tracks don't fade in and out.

A friend asked me to sum Up Chester s career to him in a few songs, and I m going for this :
1 GD Sometimes
2 LP BTH
3 LOATR
4 DBS Give me Your Name
5 LP Sharp Edges ( his fav song off his last record)

Interesting... I'd probably say these:

01. Crawling

02. Breaking The Habit

03. Leave Out All The Rest

04. The Messenger

05. Nobody Can Save Me

He said Crawling and BTH were both very personal to him in terms of lyrics and his earlier years. LOATR because of the lyrics in that song, he also said he loved that song during the Impericon 2017 interview. The Messenger he said he wrote for his kids, who we know he loved very much, and I think NCSM because Mike said that Chester really related well to Jon Green when writing the song, plus the lyrics kind of apply.

Listening party by LPFanCorner on Friday at 12:30pm PST. They invited us to join, so I've composed 2-4 tweets per song to add to it from our account. I'll post it all afterwards in this thread too of course.

Pretty cool. I pre-ordered the CD but don't think it's come in the mail yet (my mailbox is way at the end of another road close to me, I live in a weird spot) so I didn't check the past 2 days. I know they shipped. I'll probably just wait til Friday to listen. LOATR is promising.

I ordered two, but on the same day (separate orders)... one shipped and one didn't. Strange lol. I guess they are just slammed in the online store - imagine how many preorders of this they got. Maybe even more than OML itself surely. So they're probably starting early on the shipping.

I ordered two, but on the same day (separate orders)... one shipped and one didn't. Strange lol. I guess they are just slammed in the online store - imagine how many preorders of this they got. Maybe even more than OML itself surely. So they're probably starting early on the shipping.

Yeah, you're right. They probably did get more than OML itself. OML wasn't really a huge selling album until after Chester died. It's now become kind of like a cult classic because of it since and sold a ton since like August. I bet this live album did get a lot of pre-orders. I only ordered one but I will probably pick up another copy if I see one in a store like Best Buy, Target, FYE, etc.

The first reviews of the album are starting to come out. We'll be posting one on Thursday. Between now and Friday, I assume we'll get a ton of reviews (maybe more than OML because of what happened with Chester). I have not been able to track down a list of shows from anyone official (I've tried), and as far as I know, the liner notes don't mention them. If for some reason they ARE in the liner notes, I'll be shocked.

So the songs are almost all from Berlin, Krakow, Amsterdam, London, London 2, and Birmingham. On this list, I am 99% sure about 14 of them and there are two that I do not know - Talking To Myself and Bleed It Out. It will take help from you all to get those solidified. I've spent around five hours analyzing YouTube videos with some help from LPL staff (I typed up possible indicators like what the band says before/after the song, so they can help me search). Here is what I have.

Talking To Myself: Not sure. Biggest guesses are Sopron 6.27 or London 7.3.

Burn It Down: London 7.4 (talking after song is Birmingham 7.6)

Battle Symphony: Birmingham 7.6

New Divide: Amsterdam 6.20

Invisible: Amsterdam 6.20

Nobody Can Save Me: Krakow 6.15

One More Light: Berlin 6.12

Crawling: Berlin 6.12

Leave Out All The Rest: London 7.4

Good Goodbye: London 7.4

What I've Done: Sopron 6.27

In The End: Amsterdam 6.20

Sharp Edges: Berlin 6.12 (talking after song is Amsterdam 6.20)

Numb: Amsterdam 6.20

Heavy: Amsterdam 6.20

Bleed It Out: Not sure. Biggest guess is Amsterdam 6.20.

Epic that we got NCSM from Krakow.... I have an audience recording of it and I listen to it all the time. Nice to know we will be getting a good quality version. I also like how they did some Birmingham performances, being Chester's final show and all. I do wish there were one Vegas performance but I know it's all from Europe. Should have done BIO from Vegas since they didn't use a BIO with MGK. Vegas's BIO had Strange Love by Depeche Mode, one of Chester's favorite bands. Would have been nice to have. Other than that, seems like a solid release.

Edited by Geki

Yeah I agree. I like the Strange Love bridge. They streamed it from Vegas in soundboard audio (iPhone video) on the LP Facebook page but didn't make the stream available afterward. Damn, I wish we had recorded it.

The release is A+. LOATR might be the best thing they have ever released.

LP Italy is going live on Virgin Radio Italy at 9pm Italian time (+1 GMT) to listen to OML Live and comment on it. I guess they will stream the album then. I'm going to tune in and check it out.

Nobody Can Save Me from Krakow <3

buuut, too much Amsterdam and Berlin..

The band has been obsessed with Germany for the longest time. They have probably played in Germany more times than any other place in the world. I think in 2014 they played like 8 shows in Germany alone. I expected the release to heavily feature a German show. I don't really get why because Europe has a bunch of other cool places and a lot of the crowds in Europe outside of Germany are good too. South America is also another epic place. U.S. too. But nope, always Germany.

Edited by Geki

Honestly how big of a difference can you tell between OML Berlin vs London? The selections are really good.

Good Goodbye was only messed up at O2 London. Brixton show is perfect.

A lot of these make sense like a really good Invisible performance was Amsterdam. ITE has a great Keep Em Guessing version. Numb transitions into Heavy.

I thought Chester was really hit or miss this tour, but Amsterdam was great. He usually couldn't perform New Divide post LT touring cycle, but he nailed it here. Numb was also great considering how many times his voice cracked in the chorus at other shows this year. Everything from Amsterdam is clean.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the performances they chose. Only things I would change is swapping the NCSM performance with the one from Berlin, WID's performance with the one from Rock Werchter, and use the Sharp Edges performance from 02 London, and LOATR with the Download fest Paris show or Las Vegas.

I wish OSC and COG were in it

OSC, I couldn't care less about, we have like a million live rips of that song, and I'm so sick of early LP at this point because I've listened to it soooooo much. COG would have been cool to have but it's whatever. I think this is a solid release for the most part. Literally the only thing I would have changed about it is having BIO from Vegas, that's it. Other than that, it's a solid release.

The album has leaked. If anyone sees any differences in the song list, please leave a comment so we can investigate it. This isn't 100% by any means.

Talking To Myself: Not sure. Biggest guesses are Sopron 6.27 or London 7.3.
Burn It Down: Sopron 6.27 (talking after song is Birmingham 7.6)
Battle Symphony: Birmingham 7.6
New Divide: Amsterdam 6.20
Invisible: Amsterdam 6.20
Nobody Can Save Me: Krakow 6.15
One More Light: Berlin 6.12
Crawling: Berlin 6.12
Leave Out All The Rest: London 7.4
Good Goodbye: London 7.4
What I've Done: Sopron 6.27
In The End: Amsterdam 6.20
Sharp Edges: Berlin 6.12 (talking after song is Amsterdam 6.20)
Numb: Amsterdam 6.20
Heavy: Amsterdam 6.20
Bleed It Out: Not sure. Biggest guess is Amsterdam 6.20.