One More Light: Live - December 15th

RogueSoul

Agreed 100% with this. You can feel real pain in that scream, I love it.

I also agree. It reminded me of the OML performance from Jimmy Kimmel, just in terms of how emotional it was, and Chester's scream from both of these performances is amazing, you can hear the pain literally, like Sasstiel said. Definitely the two best performances of OML, IMO. Cool they released it here.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall, the performances are good. There are a few things I have to nitpick about though:

-The previously mentioned mistake when Chester's guitar part first comes in after the chorus on Sharp Edges. I get that Sharp Edges might not be an easy song to just fix a mistake on during editing, since it isn't played to a click...but in that case, why not just use one of the other performances of the song where that part WASN'T screwed up? You could even keep the same speeches before/after the song, nobody would know the difference.

-The drum break during the bridge of Burn It Down and Mike's backing vocals on New Divide being completely absent. Ethan and Josh have worked on those songs for YEARS. They know them. How do omissions like this get through to the final product? This is on par with that one DSP where they accidentally released Given Up with Chester's vocals muted out for half the song in my opinion.

-The most mind-fuckingly inexcusable thing I think I've ever heard on a live release: The fact that they fixed HALF of Chester's lyrical mistake on Nobody Can Save Me, but not the whole thing! If this album's supposed to be 1. a means of honoring Chester, and 2. a documentation of the One More Light tour, how the FUCK does a lyrical mistake by Chester on a song from One More Light make it onto the release, ESPECIALLY when they obviously went to some trouble patching the rest of the song together from multiple performances AND they literally fixed a lyrical mistake on the line RIGHT BEFORE the one they left alone?!

And Brad helped supervise this? How does Mr. In-House Co-Producer not know his own band's songs that he helped write AND produce well enough to catch stuff like this, particularly on the OML songs? He should know the new material well enough that nothing slips through, and Ethan and Josh should know the old material well enough that nothing slips through. I don't get what their endgame was with the level of production on this...you either leave stuff completely untouched and release an "honest" live album, or fix everything that's easily noticeable. They fixed a bunch of stuff, probably to the point of nitpicking over things most people wouldn't notice, yet left glaring mistakes alone in other places.

Also, hearing Invisible just fade out without going into RTN/WFTE is the biggest buzzkill ever. :(

I don't mean to sound like I hate the record or anything, I mean hell, they made a live version of Battle Symphony actually sound good. It's VERY well-done outside of four "WTF" moments. But they're BIG "WTF" moments.

Overall, the performances are good. There are a few things I have to nitpick about though:

-The previously mentioned mistake when Chester's guitar part first comes in after the chorus on Sharp Edges. I get that Sharp Edges might not be an easy song to just fix a mistake on during editing, since it isn't played to a click...but in that case, why not just use one of the other performances of the song where that part WASN'T screwed up? You could even keep the same speeches before/after the song, nobody would know the difference.

-The drum break during the bridge of Burn It Down and Mike's backing vocals on New Divide being completely absent. Ethan and Josh have worked on those songs for YEARS. They know them. How do omissions like this get through to the final product? This is on par with that one DSP where they accidentally released Given Up with Chester's vocals muted out for half the song in my opinion.

-The most mind-fuckingly inexcusable thing I think I've ever heard on a live release: The fact that they fixed HALF of Chester's lyrical mistake on Nobody Can Save Me, but not the whole thing! If this album's supposed to be 1. a means of honoring Chester, and 2. a documentation of the One More Light tour, how the FUCK does a lyrical mistake by Chester on a song from One More Light make it onto the release, ESPECIALLY when they obviously went to some trouble patching the rest of the song together from multiple performances AND they literally fixed a lyrical mistake on the line RIGHT BEFORE the one they left alone?!

And Brad helped supervise this? How does Mr. In-House Co-Producer not know his own band's songs that he helped write AND produce well enough to catch stuff like this, particularly on the OML songs? He should know the new material well enough that nothing slips through, and Ethan and Josh should know the old material well enough that nothing slips through. I don't get what their endgame was with the level of production on this...you either leave stuff completely untouched and release an "honest" live album, or fix everything that's easily noticeable. They fixed a bunch of stuff, probably to the point of nitpicking over things most people wouldn't notice, yet left glaring mistakes alone in other places.

Also, hearing Invisible just fade out without going into RTN/WFTE is the biggest buzzkill ever. :(

I don't mean to sound like I hate the record or anything, I mean hell, they made a live version of Battle Symphony actually sound good. It's VERY well-done outside of four "WTF" moments. But they're BIG "WTF" moments.

My only complaint is that BTH is missing and that they should have let a heavy song in the setlist (Wastelands or APFMH maybe)

I mean, I listen to literally everything Chester has ever recorded from 1993-2017 as a means of honoring Chester. All studio, all live, all guest spots, everything. There are definitely MUCH better live releases compared to this album, I think both Live In Texas and Road To Revolution blow this album away. But for the fans who really loved the newer years of the band and not so much the older years, I think this release is decent. It does have some things that really irritate me, mostly the NCSM mistakes, because I've been listening to a rip I have from Krakow for months and they should have just used that version because it's flawless. I also don't get why they only included 16 tracks when they had time for more and it would still be under 80 mins. Wastelands, The Catalyst, OSC, APFMH, COG, Faint, a lot of heavier tracks were left off, and I'm not sure if that's because they didn't think they fit with the idea of OML, or because Brad doesn't really like the old school stuff, idk. I kind of wish Mike had overseen the entire thing. I know it's hard for Mike to listen to Chester, but with something important like this, I just wish Mike had overseen it. It's not a bad release, I'm happy we have HQ versions of some of the songs here, like the RU intro, LOATR (2017 Version), and I actually somewhat like the version of Good Goodbye on here, even though I love the Milano version more. I actually make my own live versions of the albums, and I think my OML live version is flawless. The only thing I used from this album for it was Heavy.

GG in Monza was awesome, the singalong was epic AF

Yeah, I really like that show, and it was good quality. It's my favorite performance of Good Goodbye out of all that I've heard, and I think I've heard every performance of it listening to YouTube rips for hours. The one on the CD is good because it has Stormzy and is fixed up well, but I still prefer the Monza version. I also like Heavy without Kiiara. Just not a fan of guests on Linkin Park's main albums. I also prefer Rebellion live without Daron.

Yeah, I really like that show, and it was good quality. It's my favorite performance of Good Goodbye out of all that I've heard, and I think I've heard every performance of it listening to YouTube rips for hours. The one on the CD is good because it has Stormzy and is fixed up well, but I still prefer the Monza version. I also like Heavy without Kiiara. Just not a fan of guests on Linkin Park's main albums. I also prefer Rebellion live without Daron.

Talking To Myself Fan-footage video uploaded today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5-BCHFajbM

From Amsterdam http://lplive.net/shows/db/2017/20170620

http://linkinpedia.com/index.php?title=Talking_To_Myself#Fan_Footage_Video

Audio is taken from the One More Light Live CD

Edited by Figure-0562

Does the album seem to have somewhat low volume compared to Live In Texas or Road To Revolution? I've been playing all 3 CD's in my car this week and I have to turn the volume up higher for the One More Light Live CD. Maybe it was just mixed lower than the others.

Edited by Geki

Does the album seem to have somewhat low volume compared to Live In Texas or Road To Revolution? I've been playing all 3 CD's in my car this week and I have to turn the volume up higher for the One More Light Live CD. Maybe it was just mixed lower than the others.

Thought I was the only one who thought that! Yes, probably just mixed low

Yeah, I prefer LIT and RTR but this album isn't bad either, it's good to have.

RTR is an amazing show that I still can watch and enjoy almost 10 years later. I love that DVD so much...

That being said OML Live is great too!

RTR is an amazing show that I still can watch and enjoy almost 10 years later. I love that DVD so much...

I’m lucky as both hold big memories for me. I was at brixton show my last chester show so having songs from that show on cd means a lot to me. Also RTR i was at that show n wow having a dvd of it is amazing. Only problem is the crowd was absolutely wild as wild as the german shows (look at you tube vids) but sadly that wasn’t captured as much on dvd and crowd volume was turned down cause the crowd was loud as hell and mental at that show. There was like 10 pits at once going at one point

I've grown to really love RTR. I was at a friend's house earlier this year and we watched the DVD, I hadn't watched it in quite some time at that point. I dig it. I have it on CD, DVD, Vinyl and Blu-Ray. I do wish that they kept RME in the set, but fuck it, there is already a good quality recording of it on LPU6. It captures the early years of the band very well, IMO (at this point I consider MTM early LP). It has a good mix of HT, Meteora, MTM and a few others (Krwlng intro, Collision Course).

But yeah, OML Live is not bad at all, I like it. It's nice to have a proper live album after all this time, especially since we stopped getting DSP's like 5 damn years ago at this point. I don't consider Madrid 2010, Berlin 2012 or Mexico 2012 as official live albums like LIT, RTR and OML Live.

I’m lucky as both hold big memories for me. I was at brixton show my last chester show so having songs from that show on cd means a lot to me. Also RTR i was at that show n wow having a dvd of it is amazing. Only problem is the crowd was absolutely wild as wild as the german shows (look at you tube vids) but sadly that wasn’t captured as much on dvd and crowd volume was turned down cause the crowd was loud as hell and mental at that show. There was like 10 pits at once going at one point

I bet this CD is really amazing for people who were at the shows... it's a nice way to remember it, kind of like having a DSP for a show you went to or something. It was also Chester's final tour with LP, so it's special. I don't really care about how a crowd is when I'm listening to a live show or watching a live show. It matters if you're actually at the show but I actually prefer shows where the crowd was more tame when I'm at home listening and watching. I find it annoying when I hear the crowd more than the band, unless I'm at the show.