One More Light: Live - December 15th

RogueSoul

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I love OML Live because it reminds me when I saw them live back in June, it was my first LP concert... so bittersweet memories.

See, my first show was in 2007 right before MTM dropped, so that could be why I love that album and era so much.

I do wish they included more songs from the show in Birmingham on OML live. Not just because I was there, but it was chesters last show and the performances from that show were better than some that were included on the album. Sharpe edges, one more light and in particular bleed it out. The last song he ever performed. Almost half the album is just from Amsterdam and Berlin. Or they could have just had one song from a different show to get as many shows in there.

I do wish they included more songs from the show in Birmingham on OML live. Not just because I was there, but it was chesters last show and the performances from that show were better than some that were included on the album. Sharpe edges, one more light and in particular bleed it out. The last song he ever performed. Almost half the album is just from Amsterdam and Berlin. Or they could have just had one song from a different show to get as many shows in there.

I ripped Sharp Edges from Birmingham and listen to it all the time. Chester sang it differently than he did at any other show. It sounded flawless. It's by far my favorite performance of Sharp Edges, I've listened to every performance of it, and Birmingham is the best. But yeah, they should have had more from Birmingham. Chester's final show is something special. Even if it was the worst show of their career (which it wasn't at all), it would still be special by default. They should have released a DSP of the entire Birmingham show for free. It's not being unreasonable. It's not like I'm saying they should give us all 150 MTM demos or something. They released Moscow 2011 DSP for free in the past. I think it would be cool for them to give us, as like an extra, maybe count it as LPU17?

Edited by Geki

They should have released a DSP of the entire Birmingham show for free. It's not being unreasonable. It's not like I'm saying they should give us all 150 MTM demos or something. They released Moscow 2011 DSP for free in the past. I think it would be cool for them to give us, as like an extra, maybe count it as LPU17?

I was hoping for something similar, it would be nice gesture release whole thing for free but they decided to release "OML Live". The speech after BTH from Birmingham is really touching and the whole show deserves to be released officially in some way...

I was hoping for something similar, it would be nice gesture release whole thing for free but they decided to release "OML Live". The speech after BTH from Birmingham is really touching and the whole show deserves to be released officially in some way...

I'm not hating on OML Live at all. Why not release both? They put out ATS + which had Madrid 2010 in 2011, as well as the Moscow 2011 DSP for free in the same year, etc. I think we should get the Birmingham show. It's special, like I said. It had good performances; but that's not why, it's because it's a special show. It's not like demos and b-sides, etc. It's literally just a live show, they can't ever do anything with it. I'd even pay for it but that's besides the point.

EDIT: BTW, I've seen people saying that Battle Symphony actually sounds good on OML Live, just like I thought when I first heard it as well. I found another live version of the song that actually doesn't sound horrible, either. It almost sounds like the one on the CD, during the verses, chorus, etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4UVLxm9Wn4

Edited by Geki

Cool, in the US it sold 28k in 2 weeks, that s not bad for a live cd ( debuted selling as much as the last Papa Roach studio album)

Wow, that Papa Roach album was SOOOO good. I love Help. Overall a really solid album.

Yeah that's a great Papa Roach album. They were cool as hell to the LP fans on the European Tour they did after Chester passed and they said they were super bummed they couldn't cancel shows to go to the 10/27 Hollywood Bowl show. I'm buying a M&G to meet them in Atlanta soon.

Jacoby and Chester were/are both very depressed people in general and battle(d) a lot of the same demos. I respect him a lot.

Yeah that's a great Papa Roach album. They were cool as hell to the LP fans on the European Tour they did after Chester passed and they said they were super bummed they couldn't cancel shows to go to the 10/27 Hollywood Bowl show. I'm buying a M&G to meet them in Atlanta soon.

Jacoby and Chester were/are both very depressed people in general and battle(d) a lot of the same demos. I respect him a lot.

I agree. I like Jacoby a lot. Seems like a really good and genuine guy. I've liked Papa Roach's music since like 2003, I like everything from Infest to Crooked Teeth. That would be badass if you got a M&G for Papa Roach. But yeah, you're right about the fact that both Jacoby and Chester have battled demons. He seemed pretty messed up about Chester dying. A lot of those old bands they toured with during the Hybrid Theory and Meteora tours seemed really crushed by it. Bert from The Used said recently that Chester literally saved his life in 2004 (the same year they were on PR04). Then you have bands like Disturbed, Corey Taylor of Slipknot, Metallica, P.O.D. and more. Pretty much all the bands they toured with from like 2000-2004 showed a lot of emotion about Chester. Just goes to show the impact the band has made on the world.

Man, that LOATR Version breaks my heart every time.

I remember attending the Aerodrome Festival show in Prague, in June. When the tour started, I didn't watch any videos from the shows because I didn't want to spoil myself. I just read that there is a new version of the song.

So then, after OML already brought me tears, this came on and it was just an incredible moment. I always loved the demo version, Fear, with Mike singing it, and once the intro came on I was in some kind of shock. It hit me like a train. It's something I will never forget, a truly precious moment.

This whole section of songs, with Somewhere I Belong up next, was easily one of the most emotional things I have experienced, ever. Maybe not from an objective point of view, but for myself. Thankful for that.

Man, that LOATR Version breaks my heart every time.

I remember attending the Aerodrome Festival show in Prague, in June. When the tour started, I didn't watch any videos from the shows because I didn't want to spoil myself. I just read that there is a new version of the song.

So then, after OML already brought me tears, this came on and it was just an incredible moment. I always loved the demo version, Fear, with Mike singing it, and once the intro came on I was in some kind of shock. It hit me like a train. It's something I will never forget, a truly precious moment.

This whole section of songs, with Somewhere I Belong up next, was easily one of the most emotional things I have experienced, ever. Maybe not from an objective point of view, but for myself. Thankful for that.

I love that too, lucky I ve seen them at least once, will remember bthat day for all my life

It's kinda depressing to listen to the band, it's not exciting anymore, somehow its always weirr to listen to the band, I can jam to HT n Meteora but it's not the same.

Ill always stick to the band no matter what I love LP I want to name a son Bennington..

I agree. Don’t even really listen to the band anymore. Kind of over it. I listen to some live stuff but that’s it, and that’s mostly just for nostalgia and good memories associated with the live shows. There’s an entire world of music out there, though. I’ve been listening to a lot of good music.

Geki, same here: I love LP but listening to them is painful now, I listen to a lot of different music and I even opened a music blog talking about music.

It's hard now. I mean I'll always love LP. If they continue as a 5 piece, I will support them, even if I don't love the music. But idk. It's hard now, it's different, it's not the same listening to them, because all I think about is what happened to Chester. Even new music will probably make me think of him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I just discovered that What I've Done is actually from Sopron, Hungary. Watch the fan video on YouTube and it's identical the version on the OML Live CD. Mike says the same thing at the beginning and everything. Maybe this was already known but I thought some one said WID was from Amsterdam, it's definitely not.

11 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Sopron has What I've Done listed on the show page.

Can someone post the final version we all came up with of the tracks being from which date, etc?

My bad. That would be cool if someone could post the final list.