One More Light: Live - December 15th

RogueSoul

We can all agree that Linkin Park was at the top of their game this year on tour. The One More Light European Tour may have been Chester's final tour, but he really gave it his all at every show and really shined. His stage presence and ability will forever be awed and perhaps never topped. It's important to note that this was also Linkin Park's largest headlining European tour in the band's career.

In honor of Chester, Linkin Park will be releasing the live album One More Light: Live featuring performances from this year. This will be an audio-only release on CD, no video, but it is the first outright live release by Linkin Park since 2008's Road To Revolution. As you all know, live content has been featured as part of the deluxe editions of the bands last few albums, but its been a while since we've seen a live release all on its own.

From linkinpark.com:

"CHESTER CHARLES BENNINGTON
1976-2017

WE DEDICATE THIS LIVE ALBUM TO OUR BROTHER CHESTER WHO POURED HIS HEART AND SOUL INTO ONE MORE LIGHT. AFTER WE FINISHED RECORDING THE ALBUM, WE JOKED WITH CHESTER THAT - SINCE HE HAD DELIVERED SO MANY STUNNING PERFORMANCES IN THE STUDIO - HE HAD SET THE BAR EXTRA HIGH TO PRODUCE THAT ALCHEMY ON STAGE EACH NIGHT. NOT SURPRISINGLY, HE WELCOMED THE CHALLENGE.

THE SHOWS WE PLAYED TOGETHER DURING THE EARLY SUMMER OF 2017 WERE EXTRAORDINARY. CHESTER SHARED WITH US THAT HE FELT THIS WAS THE BEST TOUR WE HAD EVER DONE. THE CAMARADERIE AND JOY WE EXPERIENCED ON STAGE REFLECTED OUR DEEP CONNECTION WITH EACH OTHER, WITH OUR FANS, AND WITH THE MUSIC.

EVERY NIGHT BEFORE WALKING OUT ONTO THE STAGE, WE WOULD HUDDLE, GET FOCUSED, AND SHARE WHATEVER LAST-SECOND REMARKS POPPED INTO OUR HEADS. CHESTER ALWAYS TOOK IT UPON HIMSELF TO TURN THE NAME OF THE CITY WHERE WE WERE PLAYING INTO A FIRST-RATE RUN. THIS WAS OUR RITUAL. BEST OF ALL, IT WAS A MOMENT TO EXPRESS OUR GRATITUDE THAT WE WERE LIVING OUR DREAM.

CHESTER NEVER FORGOT TO EXPRESS HIS APPRECIATION TO OUR CREW - THE MEN AND WOMEN WHO TRAVELED THE WORLD WITH US, MAKING OUR DREAM INTO REALITY NIGHT AFTER NIGHT. WITHOUT THEM, THESE SHOWS WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE.

CHESTER WAS UNIQUELY PASSIONATE, UNCOMMONLY GENEROUS, SENSITIVE, OPTIMISTIC, FUNNY AND KIND. WITH HIS VOICE, HE TURNED PAIN INTO CATHARSIS, AUTHENTICITY INTO ART, AND PASSION INTO CONNECTION. HIS DEDICATION TO BRINGING THESE SONGS TO LIFE WAS TRIUMPHANT. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ATTENDED THIS TOUR IN PERSON, WE THANK YOU. FOR THOSE WHO COULD NOT, WE HOPE THIS LIVE ALBUM GIVES YOU A GLIMPSE INTO HOW MAGICAL THESE SHOWS WERE FOR THE SIX OF US.

- JOE, DAVE, ROB, MIKE & BRAD"

Tracklisting: (track lengths)

01. Talking To Myself (5:16)
02. Burn It Down (4:13)
03. Battle Symphony (3:45)
04. New Divide (4:30)
05. Invisible (4:30)
06. Nobody Can Save Me (3:59)
07. One More Light (4:19)
08. Crawling (Piano Version) (3:29) [Berlin 2017.06.12]
09. Leave Out All The Rest (4:50)
10. Good Goodbye (feat. Stormzy) (4:08)
11. What I've Done (4:33)
12. In The End (3:48)
13. Sharp Edges (4:47) [Berlin 2017.06.12]
14. Numb (3:50)
15. Heavy (2:56)
16. Bleed It Out (4:57)
Total: 67:50

11/17 Update: Track times added. What this tells us about the release:

- Talking To Myself features the Fallout/Roads Untraveled intro from 2017.
- Of course, the intros for Invisible, One More Light, Leave Out All The Rest, and What I've Done all are included.
- Bleed It Out in 2017 featured an extended bridge w/ singalong and extended ending, but this could be one of the few performances with a special bridge (Reading My Eyes in Monza and Sopron).

- It is possible that a significant portion of the songs are from the U.K. shows due to Good Goodbye being from there (only performed in London, twice).... but this is the first true compilation CD release from Linkin Park, so honestly anything from Europe is fair game.

- Unfortunately, South America and Las Vegas do not have any songs on the compilation.

11/30 Update: 'Sharp Edges' is being released on December 1 to all platforms. The recording is from the band's show in Berlin.

Pre-orders are available now for the release, and when you pre-order you get a download of Crawling immediately. There is also a digital-only release, but the CD looks like the booklet features lots of 2017 images (even some from the Hollywood Bowl) of Linkin Park performing live.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can imagine it's live audio because they might release the Hollywood Bowl show on video next year. It has all eight live OML songs and we have a million live releases of every other song played on that tour, so they thankfully put the most important stuff in. The new intros to WID and LOATR also get releases. Looks good to me.

Nice statement by the band too.

This will be great to listen. Doesn't the Live in Madrid count as a live release?

They like, bundled on these DVDs with international CD releases of albums. Not global releases, only in certain markets.

Madrid 2010 (ATS+)

Berlin 2012 (LT+)

Monterrey 2012 (THP Best Buy)

http://lplive.net/wiki/db/releases/a-thousand-suns-plus

http://lplive.net/wiki/db/releases/living-things-plus

http://lplive.net/wiki/db/releases/thp-live-in-monterrey

Hell yeah, will buy.

I knew when you saw the WID and LOATR you'd get it, ha. They could easily cut those too from the release. Those are two of the best versions of those songs that they've ever played too...wish we had gotten to see them live in the USA :(

I cant preorder it - out of stock!?

http://linkinpark.warnerbrosrecords.com/one-more-light-live-cd-1.html?intcmp=171114/lpark/wbr/spl/s_pr/but/bdy/ww/one-more-light-live-pre-order-cd

Works for me with this link.

I knew when you saw the WID and LOATR you'd get it, ha. They could easily cut those too from the release. Those are two of the best versions of those songs that they've ever played too...wish we had gotten to see them live in the USA :(

http://linkinpark.warnerbrosrecords.com/one-more-light-live-cd-1.html?intcmp=171114/lpark/wbr/spl/s_pr/but/bdy/ww/one-more-light-live-pre-order-cd

Works for me with this link.

Yeah, those are epic. I’m also even excited for the OML songs. Especially Heavy. I’ve always wanted an official release of Heavy with just Chester, like the original version of the song had. Just don’t like Kiiara. I think it’s Chester’s song. So I’m assuming this Heavy will be just Chester, which I’m pumped for. Also Sharp Edges and NCSM, TTM, all of that. It’s cool.

Yeah, those are epic. I’m also even excited for the OML songs. Especially Heavy. I’ve always wanted an official release of Heavy with just Chester, like the original version of the song had. Just don’t like Kiiara. I think it’s Chester’s song. So I’m assuming this Heavy will be just Chester, which I’m pumped for. Also Sharp Edges and NCSM, TTM, all of that. It’s cool.

This live performance utilized a dsp recording of Heavy so it’ll probably be close enough to this with a bit of a different mix

Am I the only one who thinks that this CD is a joke? I can think right now about a thousand better ways to pay tribute to Chester. Even in the statement make us envious saying that Chester was at his best in the studio with stellar performances.

Is it so difficult to make a Blu-ray with the making of one more light and a live performance? A live CD without video content in 2017? really? I'd love to see Chester’s latest performances, but this is a disappointment. But knowing Warner that are looking forward to releasing a lot of stuff to make more money, it does not surprise me at all.

People saying it was too early to take out LPU17 and they release this….